Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

Thanks for this!

I just tried an install and got a "please retry installation" messsage. Is there a log kept during install that I can check for errors? And what kernel and other options might work best with my system? I assume the IDE drive would give the best chance for success, but that's what I chose when I got the "retry" error.

Have you tried to write the Uphuck image with ImgBurn in Windows? (I've already posted the solution in post #503.) Otherwise, the log can be accessed via the menu, maybe under Edit, Installation Log.

Have you tried to write the Uphuck image with ImgBurn in Windows? (I've already posted the solution in post #503.) Otherwise, the log can be accessed via the menu, maybe under Edit, Installation Log.
Yes, that's exactly how I burned it: ImgBurn in Win XP x64. I also let the installer's media check run, and it found no problems.
BTW - Is there a way to bypass the DVD media check on install? This part is taking up about 12min of the install and after the 15th install (and probably many more to go) wonder if there is a way to bypass it.
Yes: click the "SKIP" button when the check starts. If you've already allowed it to run once, I don't think there's really a good reason to do it again.

I'm still trying to figure out what options will work with my system (if any). Here are a few of the methods I've tried, and the results... I hope someone can help troubleshoot:

Install attempt #1:

Disk target: partition on IDE drive

Image: 10.4.9.AMD

Kernel: AMD SSE3

Patches:

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext
  • Remove Thermal kexts
  • Verbose Mode
  • VGA: Nvidia: Natit 0.2, Titan
  • nForce SATA
  • USB
  • Azalia Audio

Result: installation failed; stopped at 31% (10 minutes remaining, although the time remaining didn't change much during the process); saw the following errors in the log:

BurnfileError1: Operation not permitted -/volumes/macosx 1/System/Library/CoreServices/BootX
  Install failed: Some files for 10.4.9.AMD.tubgirl may not have been written successfully

Also errors about SPPrefPaneReporter and SPAirPortReporter: Reason: image not found

Install attempt #2:

Disk target: IDE drive (full disk, one partition)

Image: 10.4.9.AMD

Kernel: Universal Kernel 3

Patches: none.

Result: installation completed successfully; system rebooted, and I used my BIOS to boot from the IDE drive; OS began to boot, and I saw the grey Apple logo and the circular progress meter... and that's how my system remained until 8 hours later, when I turned it off. It never actually finished booting into the OS. I noticed this error while the DVD booted before the install:

copy AirportSCPPrefsRef: commit preferences: No such key

(My apologies if any of the errors are not completely accurate; I copied them down to paper as fast as I could.)

My computer:

System: Gateway GT5426E

Motherboard: ECS MCP61-P AM2

Chipset: MCP61P, GeForce 6100 NVIDIA nForce 430

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor X2 5200+

Disk (main): Hitachi 320 GB 7200 RPM SATA II

Disk (aux.): IDE 80 GB (used for this installation)

Disk (aux.): USB 250 GB

Memory: 2048 MB DDR2, 533 MHz, (PC4200)

More info: http://support.gateway.com/s/pc/R/1009452/1009452nv.shtml

Demonoid recently relocated their servers from the Netherlands to Canada. They seem to want to hold off on

allowing any new invitations for the moment.

Invitations

To invite someone to the site, give him/her one of the following invitation codes, and the account registration address:

http://www.Demonoid.com/register.php?with_invite=1

Please note: To avoid abuse, invitations are limited. Also, if someone you invite gets warned/banned, you might get warned/banned too.

Please do not try to sell your invitation codes. It is against site policy. Thank you! Invitation code list:

No invitation codes found

You can not create more invitations at the moment

Invitation codes are limited based on time since last creation and other factors.

Please check back this space, you'll be notified here when you are able to create an invitation again.

Hello, as i got explained to my self erlier in this thred.. the JMicron drive does not support IDE drives, only SATA..

The answer i get, whas. get an SATA DVD burner or a IDE to SATA converter for ur IDE burner.

/M

Well, I was using a USB DVD Drive, and two SATA Disks, one connected to JMicron Controller and one connected to ICH8 Controller, but when I try to use the Disk Utility don't show any SATA HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks for answering my question

Hey mourn, i did the replacing of the loginwindow.app from the DVD. Now when i boot up, it crashes at this error:

"Cannot use ATS Persistent STore-switching to old FODB cache code"

It apparently starts running something called ATSServer. Does anyone have any idea what that program is?

anyone?

Ok... Dell Latitude D620. I had problems initially as I couldn't install the disk using SSE anything... lol. I realized after reading a couple posts that I needed to cut off my dual core and just have one running. I installed the uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 with a lot of the options and it ran smoothly... (smoother than my vista). Then came the problems. Since I installed OS X... the vista won't boot up... (umm by the way I used a vista.daa [iso] to install vista a.k.a. pirated)... I don't have a vista boot disk therefore I can have both installed but only one running. I'm happy using OS X. But I love my music and the audio just doesn't seem to be working. I have the Sigmatel Audio 9200 HD yadda yadda yadda. I tried the appleHDA patcher with every .txt file for the 9200 and it just doesn't seem to work. I get the error "* detected unsupported SigmaTel Codec" ... (thanks Taruga but it just doesn't work for me.) As of right now I'm trying to install the Boot Camp as if I had an actual mac to see if that would be an easier dual setup. I know I said a lot but if any one can help out with one thing it'd be greatly appreciated. [uphuck=God (of course everyone who helped also]Irving :rolleyes:oh... I guess more specs would be...Dell Latitude D600Intel Core 2 DuoSigmaTel Audio HD 92001.66GHZ1 GB DDRInitially came with XP (non-pirated)SSE3L2 Cache (per processor) 2MBBus Speed 667MHZChipset Model GMA 950Resolution: 1440x900Serial ATA Bus: Samsung HM060HICapacity: 60GBWireless works....Sound doesn't...Can't dual boot with my settings.

I've had good luck with a Compaq Presario V2000Z. Using the VMWare method, I installed the following:

10.4.9 AMD

AMD SSE3

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.10.4.8

Callisto 3

ATI ATA

IO80211Family.kext.10.4.5

Made the appropriate changes to Callisto for the x200 card, added the AppleAC97Audio_withoutpowersaving.zip kext for audio, PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.zip kext for ethernet and a fixed smbfs.kext. The only glitch I've had was after I enabled ethernet, went into Sys Config to set it up and then quit Sys Config. It asked if I wanted to apply settings, which I did, and then the system hung. I turned the laptop off and back on again, booted and everything worked, including ethernet. So far it seems to be able as stable as 10.4.8 and a little but noticably faster then 10.4.8.

FWIW, v2000z laptop, 60gb 7200 rpm drive, 2gb ram.

Well after a whole lot of trial and error, I gave up on my install. I got the same MD5 as a guy earlier did (AE0B16E6F0A182E8F57333EA2F8303F4, yes I know it's not correct) and no matter which kernel I used, I would get a black screen after the grey apple screen, same thing happened with the -v switch--it would show the solid blue background for part of a second then go blank. A couple flickers of the HDD activity light throughout the next minute, then that's it.

So until I can somehow get a demonoid invite I'm stuck. The file on torrentspy is no good, so if anybody has a spare invite, that'd be appreciated. :)

Anyone had any joy with nVidia 7400go. I have a Sony VGN-FE28H and have read every where that it works with titan on Jas disk with QE/CI. I have the uphuck 1.3 dvd and I have tried all the nvidia drivers one at a time and I get the initial mac loading screen but when you would expect the desktop the screen goes blank.

If i reload with out selecting any of the nvidia drivers it loads fine but I cant change the resolution 1280x800. I have read I can change this manually but is it better to have the nVidia driver running or does it not make much differnece.

Thanks

Dave

I have also just tried to edit the com.apple.Boot.plist and added

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×800×32</string>

Then done a reboot but the resolution is still 1024x768.

Any help please.

Well after a whole lot of trial and error, I gave up on my install. I got the same MD5 as a guy earlier did (AE0B16E6F0A182E8F57333EA2F8303F4, yes I know it's not correct) and no matter which kernel I used, I would get a black screen after the grey apple screen, same thing happened with the -v switch--it would show the solid blue background for part of a second then go blank. A couple flickers of the HDD activity light throughout the next minute, then that's it.

So until I can somehow get a demonoid invite I'm stuck. The file on torrentspy is no good, so if anybody has a spare invite, that'd be appreciated. :P

I am also looking for an invite :)

But in any case, i think the md5 is right it doesnt make any difference. You got it to start etc.

And i even downloaded from other source and get the SAME error. Have you tried an JAS install or other? if you get through to the install i dont think its the DVD thats at fault.

I have JaS 10.4.9 downloaded and I was going to give it a shot later today.

The thing that made me believe it was the DVD itself was when booting in verbose mode, there would be alot of statements along the lines of "missing" or "cannot find" blah blah blah. Not sure exactly what they were, I'll try to snag some pictures of it.

The thing that made me believe it was the DVD itself was when booting in verbose mode, there would be alot of statements along the lines of "missing" or "cannot find" blah blah blah. Not sure exactly what they were, I'll try to snag some pictures of it.
I saw a bunch of those as well, caught some of them in my post #530

hi there,

i tried the uphuck v1.3 dvd, but i can't install it with a sse3-kernel & speedstep.

well... i can install but then the system doesn't boot :S

i get the following error mesage: ACPI CPU Throttle loaded

ACPI returnes no ACPI Throtteling available.

Intel Processor family 6 model e

rtc-clock-stepping unsupported.

i have an intel core duo processor in my samsung r65 laptop.

shouldn't this work?

i tried installing everything related to speedstep and acpi but it didn't work, also removing the apple acpi kexts didn't help,

how do i have to install it?

thanks & greets,

soomon

I am stuck at resolution 1024 X 768 and I have read that I need to edit the file

com.apple.boot.plist

when I open the file this is what I see

what and where am I supposed to edit?

Signal if you want to skip the DVD media check just hit cancel it will move to the next step

Try adding these lines to your com.apple.boot.plist file...you can add it right after the <key>Kernel Flag</key><string></string> lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280×1024×32</string>

You can play around with the settings depending upon the capabilities of your monitor/gfx card. That fact that you need to make this edit means you probably will be somewhat limited as to what resolutions you can choose until you find a working Natit or Titan or ATIRadeon... kext to install. Hope this helps.

Try adding these lines to your com.apple.boot.plist file...

What if you've got it installed, but on boot, com.apple.boot.plist is missing?

System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found