Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

Ive tried burning both at 1x and 8x. No clue what is going on. I can get the installation going, but it craps out in the middle and tells me to try again, i think i may go and try and find the installation log.

Alright. The install at least on one of the DVD's ive burned fails at 23% with this error:

BomFileError 5: Input/Output error- ./Library/Fonts/BiauKai.dfont

help.

What type is your partition? It should be ntfs fat partitions cant handle files 4GB+

for many trials.. i already install v1.3 on my desktop and laptop. specs are on my sig. i'll update it soon.

i'm currently using my spanking new osx86 pc. :rolleyes: its just i had hard time installing ria vhine ether. sound is working and usb is not. i just try clicking software update? is this ok? theres update there for usb.

my laptop has no ether and wireless. bluetooth is working out of the box though more testing.

i'll post the details on my blog soon... thanks uphuck!

i could really use some help, ive been trying for 2 days to get osx 10.4.9 to dual boot using the 2 dual boot install guides on the osx86 wiki...im trying to dual boot vista/osx btw

im using the uphuck 1.3 dvd, i get to and complete step 5 (diskpart), my problem is when i go to reboot, and install osx, i get to the 3rd step where it says "choose where you want to install osx" or whatever it says, but there is NOTHING there. Im absolutely stuck, please help.

What type is your partition? It should be ntfs fat partitions cant handle files 4GB+

This is the MOST important reminder. You will see the iso 4.00Gb all the time on FAT fs and it s sure broken! Do it on NTFS or ext2/3 :)

No, I am using an NTFS partition. As of now, I went out and bought a new DVD writer, and new DVD-r's. I have tried changing the extension to .iso and burning in Nero, I have tried using the .cdr extension and burning in Imgburn, I have tried burning it full speed, I have tried burning it slow. I have used nearly 10 DVD's trying to burn this stupid image. The ONLY thing that is related to all of the burning attempts is the file I am trying to burn. I downloaded it off of demonoid, and the MD5 checks out perfectly. I cannot understand what I am doing wrong. On the newest DVD's I have been getting Disk I/O errors, and it hasnt even made it to the installation screen. So I have no clue what to do. I realy dont want to waste anymore DVD's, but I really want to try to get OSX running cause this new version solved almost all of the issues I used to have with it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

No, I am using an NTFS partition. As of now, I went out and bought a new DVD writer, and new DVD-r's. I have tried changing the extension to .iso and burning in Nero, I have tried using the .cdr extension and burning in Imgburn, I have tried burning it full speed, I have tried burning it slow. I have used nearly 10 DVD's trying to burn this stupid image. The ONLY thing that is related to all of the burning attempts is the file I am trying to burn. I downloaded it off of demonoid, and the MD5 checks out perfectly. I cannot understand what I am doing wrong. On the newest DVD's I have been getting Disk I/O errors, and it hasnt even made it to the installation screen. So I have no clue what to do. I realy dont want to waste anymore DVD's, but I really want to try to get OSX running cause this new version solved almost all of the issues I used to have with it.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Any try on VMware using Demontools?

@ oiasdas

why dont you give it a try with a DVD-RW?

RW's are better quality if compared to write once stuff.

If burning under windows press ctrl+alt+del and stop any other runing prog than burner

if checksum match the file is good.

copy original file from the place you have it to a new folder created in C root, change .cdr to .iso and burn.

under mac

copy from one place to other change to iso use toast to mount and burn lowest speed

do not forget to tell us u succeded.

some more reminders:

is the dvd burner alone in cable?

is it jumpered as master?

HDD's ATA drivers primary ata cable and DVD Drive secundary connection?

avoid instaling other than osx 86 packs and drivers just in case

@ oiasdas

why dont you give it a try with a DVD-RW?

RW's are better quality if compared to write once stuff.

If burning under windows press ctrl+alt+del and stop any other runing prog than burner

if checksum match the file is good.

copy original file from the place you have it to a new folder created in C root, change .cdr to .iso and burn.

under mac

copy from one place to other change to iso use toast to mount and burn lowest speed

do not forget to tell us u succeded.

some more reminders:

is the dvd burner alone in cable?

is it jumpered as master?

HDD's ATA drivers primary ata cable and DVD Drive secundary connection?

avoid instaling other than osx 86 packs and drivers just in case

I don't have any DVD-RWs. Both DVD drives that I have tried it with are the only drive on the cable. The drive is set for cable-select.

I have NEVER ever ever had this much trouble burning a dvd. I have no clue what it could possibly be other than a dud of a file. I have now tried it nearly 15 times, I am not wasting another DVD unless I know it will work.When I burn one now, I get this error:

/sbin/Launchd failed, errno 85

it probably is, but I am done trying for now. It has gotten beyond ridiculous. I would have to burn 50 DVDs to maybe get one that works, and I am not going to do that. Maybe its some setting on my computer, but either way, I am done trying for now.

I keep getting SAM multimedia errors and they are killing me.

Just installed Photoshop CS3, it crashes on this computer, ahhhh!!! using Uphuck 1.3, can't install 950 driver since it doesn't work on my system as well, eventhough my system calls for a GMA950.

Uphuck, any new revised drivers for 950 coming out in version 1.4 ???

Hardware:

Abit K8N Ultra (nForce 4 Ultra)

AMD 64 3700+ (SSE3)

GeForce 8800 GTS

2 GB RAM

120GB IDE HDD

Install works fine, but if I try to boot my Install it freezes at the "Loading Login Window" Screen.

I've tryed the Loginwindow Patch, but doesn't work for me.

Any Hints ?

I got problem like you, using uphuck 1.3. It stop at line "loading login window"

but last night I've tried this configure and pass that line :)

My hardware:

giga: K8N-SLI (nforce 4 SLI)

AMD 64 3200+ (SSE3)

GeForce 6600 GTX

1GB RAM

160 IDE HDD

uphuck package:

10.4.9 AMD

Kernel: AMD SSE 3

pack:

- AppleACPIPlatform

- Verbo mode for AMD (the last one in patch list)

Driver

- Natit 0.2

- Nforce SATA

in first boot you can supply -x option to boot into safe mode and change the resolution and refresh rate if dont it maybe boot to black screen :D

I've tried many time with loginwindow patch and all universal kernel & SSE2 but all fail at "loading loginwindow" line. Now I test withow that patch and It can boot :), I guess problem came from that patch :D:angel:

cheer

@ EddieR

Adobe CS3 crashes with some hackint0shes 10.4.8 and 10.4.9

how 2 install:

1. Download this older AppleSMBIOS.kest here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6591

2. Go to ~/System/Library/Extensions and backup actual AppleSMBIOS.kext

3. Replace with the one you d'lded

4. inside Library delete Extensions.kextcache and extensions.mkext

5. repair permissions with Disk Utility

6. reboot

7. install CS3

note: if you already had installed adobe trials, Adobe CS3 clean script must be run. Find it at Adobe site

hey everyone how u doin' :hysterical:
Just waiting for you to release the v1.4a osx86 image so that i may bur it. other than that, im good.:P

@!MP

Try booting in verbose mode with -v. Take a picture of the black screen with white text the minute it freezes or starts giving out repeating lines. Or write down what you see and post it. Then maybe we can assist you.

You said you were stuck at grey screen. Was it the screen at boot-up with the apple? Was there a small circle with a slash there? If so, then osx86 cant find the root device. Im guessing that your mobo/chipset wouldnt be supported then. Anyways, I could be wrong. Just telll us the text you see in verbose mode. :)

@!MP

Try booting in verbose mode with -v. Take a picture of the black screen with white text the minute it freezes or starts giving out repeating lines. Or write down what you see and post it. Then maybe we can assist you.

You said you were stuck at grey screen. Was it the screen at boot-up with the apple? Was there a small circle with a slash there? If so, then osx86 cant find the root device. Im guessing that your mobo/chipset wouldnt be supported then. Anyways, I could be wrong. Just telll us the text you see in verbose mode. :)

yes with small circle,what can i do? which DVD will help me? :(

post-75298-1184595815_thumb.gif

yes with small circle,what can i do? which DVD will help me? ;)
If all you see is the disc drive, try checking to see if your hd is set to master or not. If your biso supports it, then change it in our bios, if not, you'll have to open up your computer and take the master switch to your hd and the slave switch to your disc drive.

If none of those work then your chipset isn't supported and you'll just have to hope that uphuck has support for it in his v1.4 dvd.

It would also help if you could post your pc specs as well.:(