Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

792 posts in this topic

It's working extremely smoothly on my AMD 3000+ system. Took me a while to get it setup since i had never done it before and ran into a few problems. Im trying to get sound and USB 2.0 working as currently i can only use my USB mouse and keyboard but not my ipod or usb pen drive which is quite wierd, any help would be appriciated. Also i cant get OS X to recognise my inbuilt AD1980.

Anyone had any joy with nVidia 7400go. I have a Sony VGN-FE28H and have read every where that it works with titan on Jas disk with QE/CI. I have the uphuck 1.3 dvd and I have tried all the nvidia drivers one at a time and I get the initial mac loading screen but when you would expect the desktop the screen goes blank.

If i reload with out selecting any of the nvidia drivers it loads fine but I cant change the resolution 1280x800. I have read I can change this manually but is it better to have the nVidia driver running or does it not make much differnece.

Thanks

Dave

I have noticed people saying there nVidia 7400 works with QE/CI enabled. What is QE/CI and how do I enable it.

ok i tried EVERYThing, nothing matters, whether its in AHCI mode, other ports, old or new uphuck, jas whatever, without any speedstep, without one core, STILL get the same error on everything.

It just wont go any further THAN that line, no install no nothing please..

is this supposed to be happening??

post-118181-1183841664_thumb.jpg

Well after a whole lot of trial and error, I gave up on my install. I got the same MD5 as a guy earlier did (AE0B16E6F0A182E8F57333EA2F8303F4, yes I know it's not correct) and no matter which kernel I used, I would get a black screen after the grey apple screen, same thing happened with the -v switch--it would show the solid blue background for part of a second then go blank. A couple flickers of the HDD activity light throughout the next minute, then that's it.

So until I can somehow get a demonoid invite I'm stuck. The file on torrentspy is no good, so if anybody has a spare invite, that'd be appreciated. :)

Lightworker, you DO have the correct MD5 for Uphuck Ver 1.3. I have the same MD5 and it worked for me. :D Someone, is dishing out bad info about the MD5 (AE0B16E6F0A182E8F57333EA2F8303F4) you quote being incorrect. Your problem lies elsewhere.

uphuck,

DVD is awesome!

It installed perfectly! Took me a couple try's to figure out the patches I needed, but no big deal.

System is very snappy, everthing is 100% including sleep.

Thank you.

Specs:

Asus p4 dual mb

3.0 p4 ht processor

2.0 gig ram

couple of 200 gig sata drives

belkin firewire card

geforce fx5500 qe/ci working even detected my monitor which was cool

hammer dvd/burner(mat{censored}a) working(not supported)

The one thing I noticed about your DVD was that the kexts were cleanly installed, dependencies were good and integrity good. A couple of them showed modified, we know why.

My system before (10.4.8) was 99% good. Now it is 100%

Waiting for 10.4.10 :)

I've had good luck with a Compaq Presario V2000Z. Using the VMWare method, I installed the following:

10.4.9 AMD

AMD SSE3

AppleACPIPlatform.kext.10.4.8

Callisto 3

ATI ATA

IO80211Family.kext.10.4.5

Made the appropriate changes to Callisto for the x200 card, added the AppleAC97Audio_withoutpowersaving.zip kext for audio, PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.zip kext for ethernet and a fixed smbfs.kext. The only glitch I've had was after I enabled ethernet, went into Sys Config to set it up and then quit Sys Config. It asked if I wanted to apply settings, which I did, and then the system hung. I turned the laptop off and back on again, booted and everything worked, including ethernet. So far it seems to be able as stable as 10.4.8 and a little but noticably faster then 10.4.8.

FWIW, v2000z laptop, 60gb 7200 rpm drive, 2gb ram.

mine is compaq presario v2617la (presario v2000 series) very similar as yours, i hope it works. thanks for sharing your experience.

hey dudes whats up... I got UPHUCK 10.4.9 v1.3 up and running... it also took me a couple of tries using different kernels. I would get KERNEL PANICs....

My specs are the following:

MOTHERBOARD : GIGA-BYTE GA-81945GMF Motherboard

Processor: Intel Pentium D 930 3.0GHZ DUAL CORE 775

Memory : 1 GIG of PC-SOMETHING DDR2

I tried using the SSE3-2 and the UNIVERSAL SSE3 and I got KERNEL panic on boot-up. I guess it didnt support the SPEEDSTEP orsomething like that.

So then I tried the (FIRST)SSE3-1 Kernel with No Drivers or Patches and SUCCESS! It worked!

Booted up! No Internet Or Sound!

Booted off CD again! Added the Intel Networking Drivers and the AZARIO or something like that SOUND DRIVER! SUCCESS! HD AUDIO at its finest and High Speed Internet!

Oh yeah! MAC OS X supports my SATA drives... I could of installed it on my 80gig SATA DRIVE but i chose to install it on my IDE drive at the moment just to mess with it. I need to re-partition my SATA drive and modify which OS' go where.

I installed it from a SATA DVD DRIVE. SAMSUNG SUPER WRITEMASTER w/ LIGHTSCRIBE!

If you need any more info on my setup let me know! I will post the specs!

All working well and right on my setup. Migrated from JaS 10.4.8 DVD + JaS 10.4.9 SSE3. Changed kernel to netkas SSE3 64bit and everything's peachy. Been running two weeks no problems. Thanks for the DVD uphuck, I'll certainly give your other releases a try :unsure:

Working on:

Core 2 Duo E4300

Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC

1GB DDR2

40GB HDD (OSX 10.4.9)

80GB HDD (XP SP2)

Geforce FX5500

Not working:

Compaq Presario V2418 (laptop)

AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+

1GB DDR 400

40Gb HDD

ATI Radeon X200M

first, write down your hardware details to your signature. Second, post your choices that you selected at install time, then you can get help.

DVD does not and will not include specific hardware drivers like sigmatel 9750 T.

i downloaded the uphuck v1.3 10.4.9 iso and burnt it. Then I booted from it and it tried to select a start-up volume. It didnt. So I opened disk utility and tried to make one but all it saw was the cd/dvd drive. I couldnt select the hd at all because it wasnt even up there!

Heres the hd info:

Samsung

120 GB SATA

7200 rpm

i downloaded the uphuck v1.3 10.4.9 iso and burnt it. Then I booted from it and it tried to select a start-up volume. It didnt. So I opened disk utility and tried to make one but all it saw was the cd/dvd drive. I couldnt select the hd at all because it wasnt even up there!

Heres the hd info:

Samsung

120 GB SATA

7200 rpm

Need to know more about your system to be of much help. Are you running your drives in sata mode or ide mode? Are they set in the bios for native ide/sata raid/ahci? Might determine what osx sees.

Install attempt #1:

Disk target: partition on IDE drive

Image: 10.4.9.AMD

Kernel: AMD SSE3

Patches:

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext
  • Remove Thermal kexts
  • Verbose Mode
  • VGA: Nvidia: Natit 0.2, Titan
  • nForce SATA
  • USB
  • Azalia Audio

Result: installation failed; stopped at 31% (10 minutes remaining, although the time remaining didn't change much during the process); saw the following errors in the log:

BurnfileError1: Operation not permitted -/volumes/macosx 1/System/Library/CoreServices/BootX
   Install failed: Some files for 10.4.9.AMD.tubgirl may not have been written successfully

Also errors about SPPrefPaneReporter and SPAirPortReporter: Reason: image not found

Install attempt #2:

Disk target: IDE drive (full disk, one partition)

Image: 10.4.9.AMD

Kernel: Universal Kernel 3

Patches: none.

Result: installation completed successfully; system rebooted, and I used my BIOS to boot from the IDE drive; OS began to boot, and I saw the grey Apple logo and the circular progress meter... and that's how my system remained until 8 hours later, when I turned it off. It never actually finished booting into the OS. I noticed this error while the DVD booted before the install:

copy AirportSCPPrefsRef: commit preferences: No such key

(My apologies if any of the errors are not completely accurate; I copied them down to paper as fast as I could.)

Other Results:

• Installed on single-partition IDE drive, with AMD 3 kernel and no patches. Result: endless boot (apple logo with circular progress meter for hours)
  • Installed on single-partition IDE drive, with AMD 3 kernel and all AMD-related patches. Result: error on boot:
    [code]System config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

My computer:

System: Gateway GT5426E

Motherboard: ECS MCP61-P AM2

Chipset: MCP61P, GeForce 6100 NVIDIA nForce 430

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor X2 5200+

Disk (main): Hitachi 320 GB 7200 RPM SATA II

Disk (aux.): IDE 80 GB (used for this installation)

Disk (aux.): USB 250 GB

Memory: 2048 MB DDR2, 533 MHz, (PC4200)

More info: http://support.gateway.com/s/pc/R/1009452/1009452nv.shtml

Help, please?

Heres the hd info:

Samsung

120 GB SATA

7200 rpm

I have the exact same problem. Can only see DVD drive during install. My HD is SATA, I don't have an opyion in the BIOS to run in IDE mode.

80 GB Hitachi SATA, 5400 rpm.

I cannot boot from my uphuck 1.3 dvd or my 10.4.8 jas dvd. They both give me the same errors. It gets to the parts that says loading HFS+ file, but after that it goes into a continuous reboot cycle. When I hit F8, the only thing that shows up is my hard drive.

Here are my notes on installing uphuck's 10.4.9 v1.3 on my Dell Latitude D830...

Most of my issues now I guess are finding drivers but hopefully this can help someone else. I think the key to success here is only install what you absolutely need, i.e. don't install both SSE3-1 and SSE3-2, just pick one....

Specs:

Core 2 Duo T3700 2.0 Ghz

2GB RAM

Broadcom 5755 Gigabit Ethernet

Dell 1490 Dual Band a/g

nVidia Quadro NVS 140M 256MB (detected as a 32MB nVidia, Device ID 0x04290, says no kext is loaded)

SIGMATEL STAC 9205 C-Major HD Audio

250GB 5400RPM SATA

1. Installed Windows XP SP2; created partition during setup of 119GB

2. In XP created a second partiion from the remaining unallocated space of 119GB. Used diskpart (create partition primary id=af and set it to active)

3. Booted from 10.4.9 DVD

Disabled the following in BIOS (A02)

- All wireless devices

- Dynamic Acceleration

- SpeedStep Enable

Note: I did not have to disable Multi Core Support; When I didn't disable the components above I would get panic

Selected the following packages:

- 10.4.9 Intel

- Kernel; Intel SSE3-2

- Patches; IOATAFamily.kext 10.4.8

- Patches; Remove CPUPowerManagement kext

- Patches; Remove Thermal kexts

- Drivers: nVidia (nVidia mobility)

- Drivers: ICH8

- Drivers: USB

- Drivers: Azalia Audio

- Drivers: IO80211Family.kext 10.4.5

- Drivers: PowerManagement bundle

- Applications (all)

Dell Wireless 1490 currently works about 50% of the time. When I re-enable it in the BIOS sometimes OSx will boot and then I get a screen telling me I need to restart; this will go on until I disable the wireless again. Then sometimes I can enable the wireless and it will boot into OS X fine.

No drivers or not detected:

- Wired Broadcom GigE 5755

- NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M

- Dell Wireless 1490

- SIGMATEL STAC 9205 C-Major HD Audio ("HD Sound" hardware was detected in 10.4.9 however no sound actually came out of the speakers. After updating to 10.4.10 no sound hardware was detected at all)

Also not detected is the integrated fingerprint reader; not even sure it supported by OS X

When the OS X install completed and rebooted I had a dual-boot darwin screen showing:

hd(0,1) Windows NTFS

hd(0,2) OSx86

A 5 second countdown was also there; anyone know how to change this menu?

Update: Figured out this just uses the disk labels. I did not label the XP disk before so I just booted into XP, named it Windows XP and now menu shows (also decided to change the OS X drive label while I was at it):

hd(0,1) Windows XP

hd(0,2) MAC OS X

Just for the sake of testing I ran this configuration/install 6 times and worked all 6 times. On the 2nd install I ran the software update figuring it would screw up the OS X but I had to try icon8.gif, sure enough it rebooted after installing the patches and kept on rebooting.

Final results are:

Working OS X/WinXP Dual boot

- No sound, even though it shows sound is working; volume issue?

- No wired Gigabit Ethernet

- Sporadic wireless

Update: July 10, 2007

Successfully updated to 10.4.10 from Software Update. Dell wireless 1490 is now stable, Intel N wireless is not detected.

1) Open up the terminal and type "sudo -s" then "your password" then the following:

(remember case sensitive)

Backup files:

cp /mach_kernel /old

cp -R /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIplatform.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/system.kext /

2) Keep terminal open

3) Open disk utility and keep it open

4) Run Software Update and deselect everything but the 10.4.10 intel update and install it (DO NOT RESTART YET)

5) Open terminal and type the following:

Restore files previously backed up

cp /old /mach_kernel

cp -R /loginwindow.app /System/Library/CoreServices/

cp -R /AppleSMBIOS.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleACPIplatform.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /AppleAPIC.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /IOATAFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

cp -R /system.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.*

6) Open disk utility and repair permissions for your OS X partition

7) Restart

i have v1.2 installed..is there anyway to get a firewire plugin? or a way to go around it when trying to run final cut pro 5.1? I gives me an error saying Apple Firewire NTSC not installed! also i cant seem to get v1.3 to install! i burned it using dvd decrypter, i'm going to keep trying tho!

I've tried to install on my old PC and my new notebook

Hardware:

1. PC

Motherboard:

ICH2 (Seems to be so :))

and something others (does it matter? it's seems to be working)

Videocard: FX5600, QE/CI not working

Sound: No card

Network: Realtek 8139 (not tested, I think it'll work)

IDE controller: working

USB: Not tested

2. Notebook

Toshiba p100-324

Video: 7900 gs go

Sound: Conexant HD Audio (won't work*)

Network: Intel Pro/1000 (won't work*)

Wireless: Intel 3945abg (won't work*)

SATA controller: working (HDD + DVD working)

PCMCIA + ExpressCard: not tested (may not work)

MB: Intel 945PM Express

Installation:

1. PC

I thought, that it wouldn't install there (coz it's very old), but... JAS 10.4.8 SSE2+SSE3...etc... installed, but I hadn't any working videocard =( So, i tried to install from this disk )

And I can't install from that disk (great!) ))) It freezes on something like "Processing uphuck installation script", it's in the end of installation process (applications, etc installed, dunno what it's doing there)...

Hmm... Good... Made a reset - boot loader isn't installed - great... Tried to check only kernel - installed kernel, but no bootloader =(

Installing on Full disk, formatted successfully from Disk Utility, then checked intel related kexts, intel sse2 kernel, login window, remove cpupowermanagment (minimum for SSE2, as I understand), no additional apps, OS only...

So... Now have problems with freezing install...

As info... Ja 10.4.8 SSE+... installed successfully, chosen all related kexts (intel SSE2)... Have problems with videocard - it's loading NVDANV30Hal.kext normally, seems its own drivers are trying to work... but it display me only grey screen with text, that I should reboot... great... made #mkdir /backup; mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA* /backup; reboot and it booted normally... great, but no QE/CI

So... Tried to edit Info.plist in GeForce.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext after install without booting OS, had some new effect, like, hm blue screen without cursor, etc... Titan, NvidiaEfi not working or making somekind this effect... Natit v0.2dual not working (now testing other versions)... Any ideas?

2. Notebook

Installed normally, using partition, SSE3 kernel (last), haven't checked anything, except kernel, essentional system and video... Tried Nvidia Mobility - grey screen with funny text (you know, 4 languages), Titan - same effect, natit dual v0.2 - something new - black screen in normal resolution with funny text... hmmm... can boot without QE/CI, but don't want...

Tried NvidiaEfi v.1.01 with or w/o LaptopDisplay - something new - bluescreen with now cursor or something else... log says something about failed on on start on display 1... it's without LaptopDisplay, with LaptopDisplay it's better, it found display, but seems to have the same error, NvidiaEfi v.1.02 makes grey screen with funny text (((

Can boot like on PC - on VESA drivers...

What shall I do? I know, that I'll have no sound or wifi or network... just need QE/CI on both systems... and uphuck installation on PC )

first, write down your hardware details to your signature. Second, post your choices that you selected at install time, then you can get help.

DVD does not and will not include specific hardware drivers like sigmatel 9750 T.

First I want to say thanks for making this DVD, it's really quite an achievement. :P

The choices I made for my Install were:

-Intel 10.4.9

-Universal Kernel -2

-Remove CPU Power Management.kext (without this it Kernal Panics)

-Titan

-AGPGart2.2

-Azalia Audio

And then all the media apps.

I have updated my signature with my hardware details. Like I said, to get sound working would be awesome, and I'd be set. The "about my mac" is a little bug, but really doesn't matter much.

I still haven't seen a definitive answer about having ICH8 support on boot in all of these pages (and yes I just read every post on every page)

I have an Dell XPS410 which does not seem to work with anyones images and I've tried just about every suggestion posted in every thread for non-working machines.

Any help maybe?

Given the info I've provided about my system, and the details on multiple installation attempts, is there anything anyone can think of that might help me to get up and running? Even if it's a "RTFM", so long as there's a link or something to "R" attached?

Thanks.