Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

K, complete new hard drive and all. I installed both XP and OSX as Primarys and set OSX to active.

Problem is, I go to start, Darwin starts up but when I choose OSX it goes right back to darwin. If I hold down enter, it will faintly flash the error.

It says, "Cannot find mach_kernel." or something along those lines.

Kernel panic or what? Please help.

To uphuck,

I installed this v1.3 dvd for the 10th time and I think it's ok, although I do have a problem. Now may or may not have to do with the 10.4.9 install dvd. I have 10.4.9 installed on a 250gb SATA drive and I have my backup file on a 160gb ATA drive. When I go to copy some file from the ATA drive to the SATA drive, it's starts the copying and then about 500mbs to 700mbs into the copying I get the spinning beach ball. I have menu meter running and when this happens both of my cpus are at almost 0%. Then about, say.... 20 seconds later the copying carries on and then it will again and again. Having a dual core machine I would expect this not to happen. I really can't remember this happening before. Now the file size that I might copy form one drive to the other is around 5gb and larger. Could it be that there is so much data that the cpus can't keep up or something? I have a Pentium D 930 3.0ghz. dual core cpu.

If anyone else has any thoughts or experienced this please let me know.

Chevy

Tried 945G-DVI, Conroe1333-DVI, Conroe1333-D667-R1, P4Dual915GL and 775Dual915GL and none of them work with Version 1.3, ver 1.2 installed flawlessly on all those boards, still trying to figure out what is the problem, had tried every combination I can think of. Should have more time to try on Friday. Wish me luck!

No network, No sound.. ;)

Motherboard Intel D945GNT with buil tin Intel Pro/100 VE And Sigmatel HDAudio.

The drivers are in the 1.3 install DVD and I selected them when installing, but no luck, they are not detected. Do someone with this motherboard model was lucky?

What´s the trick? ... I also followed some guides in order to get the net card recognized, but again, no luck. It doesn´t exist to my Mac OS.

Everything else works great I must say, but without network and sound is like a car without tires.

Can somebody help me? Thanks in advance.

hangler, I know it might not be what you're aiming for, but since you're using sigmatel for audio have you tried the audioHDA patch (1.16 for osx 10.4.9?) The ethernet issue is one that sounds complicated to me as well.

If you do try it you'll also need a Linux codec dump (for me I used sigmatel 9250 because that was my laptop's chipset.) however, the dumps are linked from the IM thread on first page, and just select the proper one for your chipset. (could be 9200 or 9250 like mine or similar).

Search for "audiohda patch" on IM forums and you'll find it likely even on the first page, sorry I haven't the time to do the link...there might be someone else who could lead you that way.

Hope that helps.

Tom A.

Plus: You know what, my sound chip set on my laptop didn't work even with proper sound driver installed either, so we're in same boat in that respect.

Hey guys, here's the nForce4 SATA patch I was talking about earlier. Sorry it's not a PPF, but it was going to be over 120mb for a 5mb patch.

To install:

1. Download the 5 files.
  2. Open a terminal and cd to the download directory.
  3. Type
    cat Extensions.mkext.[1-5].zip > Extensions.mkext.zip
    hdiutil attach /<your image path>/uphuck_10.4.9_v1.3/uphuck_10.4.9_universal_dvd_v1.3.cdr -readwrite

4. Close the terminal.
  5. Extract Extensions.mkext.zip
  6. Copy Extensions.mkext to /<your install DVD here>/System/Library, replacing the one that's there. You may want to take a backup of this one in case mine doesn't work.
  7. Eject the image, burn and install as usual.

Note: because of the way I had to build the mkext to boot on my system, it might not include all the drivers for your system. However, if you have an nForce4, there is a framebuffer, SATA, Bluetooth etc, which should be enough to get you installed. Obviously you can choose all your own hardware during the install process.

Note 2: This only works on a system that can mount HFS+ disk images and has the cat tool available (ie Mac OS). I had a working backup partition to create this from, some people have had success on Vista or XP using other tools to concatenate the archive back together, and then using MacDrive to inject the mkext.

Good luck, and thanks to uphuck!

Extensions.mkext.1.zip

Extensions.mkext.2.zip

Extensions.mkext.3.zip

Extensions.mkext.4.zip

Extensions.mkext.5.zip

I'v install the osx to my old 40G maxtor ,only 1 patition.

I'v tried install .8 ,It seems .8 can't support ich8r and I got a stop ICON on boot.

But the .9 can't boot either.

The system keep telling me wrong booting disk I'v choosen,replace it to boot!

How to solve it? I'v searched the forum,but find nothing ...

could anyone give some TIP?

Sorry for the n00bness, but I have your 1.3 version installed succesfully on my AMD system with Nforce SATA controller. Everything works and I can read and write to my SATA NTFS disks with Macfuse.

Now should I install tokyovigilante patched drivers?

Thnx!

And uphuck, thank you very much for all your efforts on the 10.4.9 release! Finally everything works and it’s like I’m working on a real Mac!

I was having the same problem!!!

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!

If your doing it like me, and installing on it's own hard drive, then here's what you do:

1. boot from install disc

2. When install disc is fully booted, open disk utility

3. select the hard drive you want to install on

4. select the partition tab

5. click the "Options" button

6. select "Master Boot Record", then click ok

7. Now apply a name for your hard drive, then click partition.

8. Close disk util

9. Continue install as normal, then when done, boot from os x hard drive

EXPLANATION:

If your using disk util to partition your disk before installing, by default, disk util will partition it as a "GUID" partition type, which will boot on a mac. PC's need the hard disk to have an MBR in order for it to boot properly.

phear86 You are a life saver! That works beautifully!! Thank you! :(

Holy Poop! I think I finally got it!

My specs Asus P5PE-VM (865 Chipset), Intel C2Duo 2.13, ATI 1600 AGP(Device ID 71C2), Onboard sound, Marvell Network.

My biggest issue was the Video. Up untill lately I never tried AGPGART because of the issues people reported. But I tried it with the Natit 1600 Installer, adding the ATIDRV from 10.4.5 and IONDRV options. System booted ok with res switch but no QE/CI. The I updated the ATIRadeonX1000. kext to include my Device ID, (up untill now it would produce garbage), deleted the Extension.kextcache and Extension.mkext files, repair permissions and reboot and VIOLA! :( it worked.

I just had to install the Skge.kext for the network and so far so good.. Im testing out things now.. I'll update you guys later.

My sincere thanks go to Uphuck, Diobolik, Jas and everyone else on this project. you guys are the best.

uphuck

Is it possible, that you add some hw ID's to the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext in IO80211Family.kext in your next version?

<string>pci14e4,4306</string>

<string>pci14e4,4309</string>

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

Installing to an Acer 3860. I'd used the JaS 10.4.8 install before, but would lose my airport card settings for no apprent reason with it. Thought I'd give this one a try, but having an odd problem.

Everything installs great, using Intel GMA 950 for the video card, but when I boot into it, I get the Welcome to Tiger music, and I can see the arrow cursor too. When the music finishes, it fades to the blue OSX wallpaper, then back to black, and the music starts again. I've tried just using the 950 drivers, installing both Intel shared video drivers to no avail. Anyone else have an idea? Long time Mac user, but I needed a cheap laptop, and this one fit the bill price wise.

it works for me.

Now i got 1.2 and 1.3, 10.4.8 goes to "trash".

But one question. I wrote on ntfs partition a "data", but after restart "data" has gone. What's going on?? After restart is lost ??

Help me please.

Uphuck's v1.3 works great if I don't install any video drivers whatsoever. The video drivers included on the DVD don't work for my ASUS GeForce 7300GS 256Mb PCIe (I tried them all, basically). The only one that seems to "work" more than the ones on the DVD are the Natit_Uni.pkg Installer ones, but installing them makes the following happen.

For some reason, it's hanging for me upon boot up. In verbose mode, it hangs at this last line: (See picture)

post-110255-1181843477_thumb.jpg

post-110255-1181843508_thumb.jpg

Transcription of the last line in case you can't read it (as that is where it hangs):

Cannot Use ATS Persistant Store - switching to old FODB cache code

But what's odd is that if I boot up NORMALLY (that is, without -v), I see the "Starting Mac OS X" window, and the status bar rolling by (VERY SLOWLY) and it reaches the end, but I left it there an hour and it never finished booting onto the desktop. The mouse was working (I could move it around) and the keyboard worked because I could use the reboot shortcut. Any ideas, guys?

(My PC's specs are on the sig)

thank you, but existing kext for nforce sata is usable only on 430 ( and with some issues), data corruption or some errors are posibble with other controllers.

I know, hopefully I made that clear in the post. I realise that there's probably no practical way to get that driver into the DVD by default, asw no one else could boot, so I thought I'd share my solution. To reiterate, only use my patch if you want to use the uphuck 1.3 DVD to install to a SATA drive on a nForce4 (CK804) system! Not nForce430, not MCP51! :) Having said that, hope this helps a few people. Also, I've found the driver to be very stable on CK804 chipset, no corruption with months of usage.

Sorry for the n00bness, but I have your 1.3 version installed succesfully on my AMD system with Nforce SATA controller. Everything works and I can read and write to my SATA NTFS disks with Macfuse.

Now should I install tokyovigilante patched drivers?

No! They are for patching your install disk only, if you want to install to a SATA drive on an nForce4 system! Not once you have installed! :thumbsup_anim:

The 10.4.9 AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts may be what's preventing other people from booting. In addition to the reports of the freeze after loading ACPI (at the Buffers statements), there are all the reports of boot failure at the "grey apple screen with the gears." Some of these are from people with AMD CPUs. On the laptop with the Intel 855PM chipset, I had to replace both AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC with 10.4.8 versions. Replacing the AppleAPIC kext by itself doesn't resolve the Titan problem. It also results in a "Disk Read Error" message when the GUI loads, unless the AppleMPIC kext is also replaced.

I won't know whether the problem with the AppleAC97Audio kext (Sigmatel C-Major) is resolved until I try again, later this week. The sound card works with Jas 10.4.8.

((HW: Dell Inspiron 8600, Dothan Pentium M 1.7GHz, Intel 855PM chipset (ICH4), NV fx5200 video, Sigmatel C-Major Audio, 1GB RAM, Broadcom 440x/Dell TrueMobile 1450 networking))

OK. I chose the following packages for a new install on an Inspiron 8600, Dothan Pentium M, Intel 855PM chipset, Sigmatel CMajor Audio, NV go5200 video, Broadcom440/Truemobile 1450 networking

10.4.9 Intel

Universal-3

IOATAFamily

loginwindow

Remove CPUPowermanagement

Remove Thermal Management

NVidia - Titan

PowerManagementBundle for Laptops

vlc

iStumbler

Firefox

Virtue Desktops

Install to a second hard disk, pre-configured with a single HFS+ partition and MBR enabled in Disk Utility.

After the install completed, I booted a copy of 10.4.8 from the first hard disk and replaced the 10.4.9 versions of AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext on the new OSX partition with 10.4.8 versions. I renamed NVDANV10, NVDANV20, and NVDANV40Hal.kexts, to permit Titan to load with NVDANVHal30.kext.

I also replaced the 10.4.9 versions of IONetworkingFamily.kext and IO80211Family.kext with versions from 10.4.6. Here's what happened:

Using the BootItNG boot manager to boot from the second disk (disk1s1), the system booted successfully to the setup program at 1920x1200 with working sound card. After setup, the Truemobile 1450 was recognized as AirportExtreme wireless. Everything worked!

EXCEPT:

A Disk Access error message appeared after the desktop loaded (Initialize, Ignore Eject). The only volumes the system would recognize were the OSX partition and the DVD drive. In Disk Utility, all of the partitions on the first IDE disk were greyed out and unmountable.

I've so far been unable to resolve this problem. I tried

dropping in 10.4.8 versions of several additional Kexts: IOPCIFamily, IOGraphicsFamily, but this doesn't help. I also tried booting in Safe Mode and removing the Titan and NVDANv30Hal kexts, which didn't change the situation.

Here's the confusing part: If I don't replace the AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts, 10.4.9 will not boot from the hard disk (the stall at the Buffers= statements). But if I boot from the DVD (rd=disk1s1 -f -v on the command line) and use the 10.4.9 versions of AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC, then 10.4.9 will boot to the GUI *and* it will recognize all the partitions on the first hard disk. But then it has no Titan or AC97 Sound support!

I don't know what's going on with that, yet. I'm open to suggestions about booting with the 10.4.8 versions of AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC and making some further substitutions to 10.4.8 kexts to try to get the first disk recognized. Which ones? AppleIntelIntegratedFrameBuffer? USB drivers? (I tried putting back the 10.4.9 version of IOATAFamily.kext, but that didn't help.

Soo close :D . Just need to fix the Kernel panic.

Running an intel system. Only setup I havnt tried is an AMD setup, thats next, if that dont work Im DLing JaS 10.4.8 right now.

Wish me luck!

System specs:

Intel Celeron D 2.66gHz - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819112206

1024mB of DDR2 - 533/667\

ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA LGA 775 VIA PT880 Ultra ATX - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813157107

XFX 7900gs EXTREME 256mb - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150202

80gb WD HD

40gb WD HD

40gb IBM HD

DVD Burner

On boot to OSX I get a kernel panix saying I must reboot.

Im using this setup:

Install:

Intel 10.4.9

Kernel:

Intel-SSE2 - X(Used and it panics)

Intel-SSE3-1 - X(Used and it panics)

Intel-SSE3-2 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-1 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-2 - X(Used and it panics)

Universal-3 - X(Used and it panics)

Patches:

First two, IOATAFAMILY.Kext Patch, and loginwindow patch.

Drivers:

VGA->NVidia->Titan

This is all. Please help, I'll send a gmail or demonoid invite to anyone that can help me get this running.

To all Gigabyte P965-DS3 users:

Onboard Lan (Marvell Yukon 88E8053) is now working with a simple numerical change in the info.plist of AppleYukon.kext

Not sure is this fix will work for other boards with the 88E8053 Onboard Lan chip, but I guess it's worth a try if you're adventurous.

1. Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and find IONetworkingFamily.kext and copy and paste it onto the desktop to have a copy to work with. Ignore the original for now.

2. Right click and "show package contents"

3. Open the contents folder, then open the Plugins folder

4. Right click the AppleYukon.kext and show its package contents (Note: not AppleYukon2.kext!)

5. Open the contents folder and then open the file "info.plist" in TextEdit

6. Make sure the two or more instances of "88E8053" do indeed say "88E8053", and NOT "88E8056" (no quotes for any of those)

7. Scroll down and find the line "IOPCIPrimaryMatch"

8. Replace "0x436211AB" with "0x436411AB" (no quotes on either of those, either)

9. Save the file

10. Go back to the original kext in /System/Library/Extensions/ and drag the kext to the trash and delete it

11. Drag and drop the new, modified kext into /System/Library/Extensions/

12. Open a Terminal

13. Type and enter "sudo -s" (no quotes) and then enter your password as prompted by the terminal

14. Type and enter "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext" (no quotes)

15. Type and enter "chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext" (no quotes, again...)

16. Close the terminal and navigate to /System/Library/ and delete the two files named "Extensions.kextchache" and "Extensions.mkext"

17. Reboot.

If it doesn't work at first, try rebooting again and messing with the Network options in System Preferences.

Can someone confirm that this fix indeed works, and doesnt expose any security issues for the computer? My System Profiler still tells me that the dependencies for the AppleYukon.kext are not met because "com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily" cannot be found. Is this something serious, or what is this? Anyways, doing this made my Onboard Lan work, so hopefully it does the same for you.

tokyovigilante
kozlowski is using that driver on nv430 with little issues but no corruption. But anyway, I did not add it to dvd boot because of this unstable situation. Once, I made 10.4.9 nf4 install dvd and could not be able to fotmat sata partition(on nv430sata) which is one of the known problems, but i see many people asking about it against risks. I would make a ppf for 1.3 and upload to same place when I have time for it. However, old nv sata users have more luck on this.