Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

Well, I figured out my problem. You can't upgrade.. has to be installed on a clean drive. Universal 3 Kernal worked.

My new problem is.. My USB wireless stick does not work anymore. It recognizes the connection and the signal is good, but no internet when I open safari or firefox. :):( Any ideas?

Edit: oh yeah, it is a Belkin USB Stick (Ralink chipset)

:) i just wrote this whole thing and the website timed out and deleted it %$##@!

Hey XerXes this is what i remember hope it helps:

1. I installed the Intel SSE3 Kernel

2. there was an Intel Patch, i don't remember the exact name but it said something about side step technology, let me know if you don't find it so i can boot with the dvd again.

3. in order to install i HAD to disable my 2nd core in my system BIOS

4. ran the entire setup, after install i reboot(still with 2nd core disabled)

5. booted into Tiger and deleted the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext in terminal

6. rebooted and entered system Bios and enabled my 2nd core!!

7. make sure your bios doesn't have a feature called dynamic cpu frequency switching enabled, i had to set it to always Low, i tried always high but my machine Kernel paniced right away. the cpu is running at a lower frequency then what it's capable of but I consider it is running fast enough.

i'm using a triple boot with Ubunutu and the Grub boot loader and it's working great, i've been running tiger all day at work, with itunes network everything, no problems at all!!!!!

Woot. Tried the dual boot on one hard drive, :) . I got 100% compatible hardware and no go. My entire boot died. Luckily I know enough about my good ol' Windows XP, I restored my Partitions back to normal and restored my Windows XP install to default without losing any data :(:police: .

I'll keep trying though.

Installed v1.3 on a separate drive today. Used SSE3-2 kernel, natit1600, ich7, MacFuse Core, Tools and NTFS-3G and some various software programs. Worked great. It's as close as I've seen yet to a one installer disk solution for my entire system. I only had to make a correction to my ethernet (changed en2 to en0) and add patch for my sigmatel audio (stac9274d_83847621.txt and Taruga's AppleHDAPatch_v1.15). The ethernet worked out of the box, but I've learned that Final Cut Studio doesn't play well with en2...it requires en0. Audio In is the only thing lacking from this system. This install also corrected a problem I had in that even when I set my screensaver to 'never' it would still come on after a half hour. Thanks uphuck!

Got it installed on my HP TC4200 without any issues, only had to locate the wireless drivers but on my HP TX1000 it's a headache.

The setup loads fine but it will not locate my hard drive which is a SATA drive, also on every 3rd or 4th boot to the disc my touch pad will not work.

Anyone gotten any version at all installed on a TX1000?

Has anyone successfully installed v1.3 on an HP zd8000? I have tried about 5 different kernels with the same result. It just hangs on the apple startup screen with the rotating gear. Also, Uphuck, if you are there, do you know if I can install multiple kernels? Thanks for all the hard work.

ioata from 10.4.8 would be enough for that error. Using system.kext from 10.4.8 with 8.9.1 kernel is not right, it causes many problems.

Almost true. I'm almost there. After reading your comment, I restored the 10.4.9 versions of AppleSMBIOS.kext and System.kext. The problem isn't with those or with the 10.4.9 IOATAFamily.kext, either -- at least on my PC. I've confirmed that the boot stall at the Buffers statements is specifically due to the 10.4.9 versions of AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext. I replaced both of those with the Jas 10.4.8 versions and can now get all the way through to the blue GUI background at 1920x1200 with Titan loading. Unfortunately, it won't go any further , right now. Disk Utility reported an unrepairable disk, with incorrect nodes -- probably corrupted from so many failed boot attempts. So I'm going to have to try the whole thing over again, later this week. But I have a feeling it's going to work, now -- provided AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC are replaced, along with AppleACPIPlatform.

Hi,

I've been able to build a custom boot disk with the nForce4 SATA driver instead of the VIA ATA one. However, I don't have a mac binary or source for makeppf3, which I need to create the PPF. Does anyone have it, or a link?

Thanks for your hard work uphuck!

and tokyovigilante, I will be interested in testing the ppf...

here is a link to a program I *believe* should work...

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13905

you're working on intel? if it is then I'll add acpiplatform 10.4.8 selection to v1.4i (only for intel)

The 10.4.9 AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC kexts may be what's preventing other people from booting. In addition to the reports of the freeze after loading ACPI (at the Buffers statements), there are all the reports of boot failure at the "grey apple screen with the gears." Some of these are from people with AMD CPUs. On the laptop with the Intel 855PM chipset, I had to replace both AppleAPIC and AppleMPIC with 10.4.8 versions. Replacing the AppleAPIC kext by itself doesn't resolve the Titan problem. It also results in a "Disk Read Error" message when the GUI loads, unless the AppleMPIC kext is also replaced.

I won't know whether the problem with the AppleAC97Audio kext (Sigmatel C-Major) is resolved until I try again, later this week. The sound card works with Jas 10.4.8.

((HW: Dell Inspiron 8600, Dothan Pentium M 1.7GHz, Intel 855PM chipset (ICH4), NV fx5200 video, Sigmatel C-Major Audio, 1GB RAM, Broadcom 440x/Dell TrueMobile 1450 networking))

This installer worked great for me, except a couple of caveats: (Not the fault of the packager)

1) No USB (VIA K8T800 chipset, haven't seen anybody with USB luck on this one, the pkg included on the disc only addresses EHCI, not UHCI)

2) The included video drivers, while they may work for most, I STILL had to get the DiaboliK 1049 installer for my Geforce FX 5950.

Other than that, the rest of the patches and apps work a treat!

This installer worked great for me, except a couple of caveats: (Not the fault of the packager)

1) No USB (VIA K8T800 chipset, haven't seen anybody with USB luck on this one, the pkg included on the disc only addresses EHCI, not UHCI)

2) The included video drivers, while they may work for most, I STILL had to get the DiaboliK 1049 installer for my Geforce FX 5950.

Other than that, the rest of the patches and apps work a treat!

This comment will save my uphuck install or it will go to trash. I couldn't make my 5200 qe/ci yet. ı tried all of the combinations for the vga driver. I will look for this satanic nforce installer. I hope it works for me too.

Edit: Will use this one: http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/R1Files/Diabol...a.Installer.zip

http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/index.html

Edit-2: I've found a success story about satanic installer: http://forum.insanelymac.com/blog/domii/index.php

I will install without any vga drivers and try this method. Wish me luck!

Edit-3: Diabolik with Natit 0.2 gave me a kernel panic. Reinstalling OSX now. Will try Natit 0.1... :thumbsup_anim:

my problems started early... i have problems at the step when i need to choose location where to install my mac os x (i prepared the partition with paragon partition manager, left it unformatted. also i set it as primary partition but not active. there is also one partition for win xp (installed) and one partition for data). so when i start 'disk utility' and choose to format prepared partition to mac os extended (journaled) nothing happening! it seems that 'disk utility' is working then i hit erase but after few minutes there is no changes. i can't see that the formation of my partition changed and formatted partition don't appear on destination window..

any suggestions to my situation?

thanks in advance :)

Install went fine, but I boot and nothing but a nice flashing underscore.

Can ANYONE please help me, I've installed 12 times so far. Thanks.

I was having the same problem!!!

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!

If your doing it like me, and installing on it's own hard drive, then here's what you do:

1. boot from install disc

2. When install disc is fully booted, open disk utility

3. select the hard drive you want to install on

4. select the partition tab

5. click the "Options" button

6. select "Master Boot Record", then click ok

7. Now apply a name for your hard drive, then click partition.

8. Close disk util

9. Continue install as normal, then when done, boot from os x hard drive

EXPLANATION:

If your using disk util to partition your disk before installing, by default, disk util will partition it as a "GUID" partition type, which will boot on a mac. PC's need the hard disk to have an MBR in order for it to boot properly.

Hi,

I also had the 'using xxxx buffers and xxxx io ....' problem, and got it solved by using the AppleAPIC.kext and AppleMPIC.kext from earlier install DVD's (I'm on a Pentium 4 Mobile, SSE2 only).

Also, I'm having a lot more driver issues than on my previous install (JAS 10.4.6).

All in all, it's a sweet installer DVD but I think there's still room for a v 1.4 (especially if you're on older hardware).

Now I hope I can get everything to work as in my previous install (only sleep didn't work).

Thanks Uphuck, and please include the earlier *APIC and MPIC kexts in your next release :) it would make life so much easier.

my problems started early... i have problems at the step when i need to choose location where to install my mac os x (i prepared the partition with paragon partition manager, left it unformatted. also i set it as primary partition but not active. there is also one partition for win xp (installed) and one partition for data). so when i start 'disk utility' and choose to format prepared partition to mac os extended (journaled) nothing happening! it seems that 'disk utility' is working then i hit erase but after few minutes there is no changes. i can't see that the formation of my partition changed and formatted partition don't appear on destination window..

any suggestions to my situation?

thanks in advance :)

Happened to me too.

- If you don't wanna lose your xp installation, create an image of this partition on another drive with Acronis TrueImage (I use Hiren's Boot CD).

- Reboot with uphuck 1.3 and partition the drive with disk utility. Then you can install. Somehow uphuck DVD wants to partitition the drive itself. Won't install otherwise.

- Then you can restore you XP partition with Acronis TrueImage.

PS. This message is being written on my iBook. The desktop PC is installing uphuck again! Will try Diabolik NVidia installer...

Man, I read about so many problems... is it really so 'hard' to install the uphuck 1.3 DVD? I'm on 10.4.8 with an old kernel still (like, January or so) and I'd like to update, but I'm kinda afraid to go through the pain of having to deal with this a week again until it'll run.

So... Are those guys for whom it was smooth sailing just not posting or is it really just not there yet? Installing the JAS Reseed version was childs play.

Happened to me too.

- If you don't wanna lose your xp installation, create an image of this partition on another drive with Acronis TrueImage (I use Hiren's Boot CD).

- Reboot with uphuck 1.3 and partition the drive with disk utility. Then you can install. Somehow uphuck DVD wants to partitition the drive itself. Won't install otherwise.

- Then you can restore you XP partition with Acronis TrueImage.

PS. This message is being written on my iBook. The desktop PC is installing uphuck again! Will try Diabolik NVidia installer...

thanks for the answer, mate! :P

the problem is, that next to my xp partition, there is another partition with 200gb of data, so to back up that amount of information is impossible to me.

but i have a solution for this! i remembered, that i have old hdd, so i am going to use my 7 year old 20gb hdd for mac os x installation (hdd is pretty old and makes strange noises, but.. :))

i'll post my results later! ;)

Man, I read about so many problems... is it really so 'hard' to install the uphuck 1.3 DVD? I'm on 10.4.8 with an old kernel still (like, January or so) and I'd like to update, but I'm kinda afraid to go through the pain of having to deal with this a week again until it'll run.

So... Are those guys for whom it was smooth sailing just not posting or is it really just not there yet? Installing the JAS Reseed version was childs play.

Well, you can wait a while and look for installation instructions for your hardware or join the test team and give some feedbackbecause I feel so. Since the DVD claims to be a universal Hackintosh installation DVD, it contains many drivers, patches and kernels so you must find the right combo for your hardware.

Has anybody had success installing on an external usb drive? I got a successful install using Uni Kernel -2 w/ remove cpu power management and the apple usb driver. I booted in an setup my mac. Then I downloaded software updates for iTunes and Quicktime and some security one and then I had to reboot. After the reboot it no longer recognized my usb drive as a bootable drive. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for all your help. Other than the boot up, the OS seemed to run great. I might be willing to partition my internal hard drive but I'd rather get the external to work.

Natit 0.1 with Diabolik installer also gives a kernel panic. I'm installing the OS for the LAST time. I will try editing the kexts for my vga card and then repair permissions. If I get a kernel panic, I will give it up and use Jas 10.4.8.

Edit: OK I give up. Installed Diabolik with Natit 0.1 and then added my VGA card's code to the kexts. Repaired permissions, rebooted but then a kernel panic again.