[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.3

gengik84

195 posts in this topic

Hello.
Is it just me who continues not to be able to access the servers on my network except with the cifs protocol, which is smb1?

If I request smb: // ***    I always have: "unable to contact the server", with NetAuthAgent not being activated and not asking for any authentication.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

On 4/2/2021 at 10:33 PM, Rocky12 said:

@ombra88

Sorry my friend I am just collecting information I saw the link over MacRumors and that’s all

I don't think, so It can be anything, but I would say try another SMBios

I see man no worries

right I will give a try with another SMBios

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 12:27 PM, erice said:

Hello.
Is it just me who continues not to be able to access the servers on my network except with the cifs protocol, which is smb1?

If I request smb: // ***    I always have: "unable to contact the server", with NetAuthAgent not being activated and not asking for any authentication.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.)

If your servers are connected to the internet why not use SSH (for security) and don't waste time with SMB issues.  Close/block SMB/CIFS ports you don't need.  You could even use SMB over SSH even though it probably would not be as fast as SMB.    If you insist on using SMB/CIFS are you attempting to connect through a router/firewall or managed switch requiring port forwarding or bridged connections (assuming subnet incompatibility)?

Edited by HenryV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Guys I Hope all of you doing well Stay Safe I did it too, one another update went smooth and quicker no issue at all
Emulated NVRAM
Open Core Bootloader
X58 The Beast:boxing:

Screenshot 2021-04-09 at 00.53.07.png

• Like 2