[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.3

gengik84

195 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2021 at 10:53 PM, mnfesq said:

The update took a long time for me as well but went smoothly.  However, I seem to have lost my backlight slider, brightness keys and ability to adjust screen brightness.  I'm thinking that a Whatevergreen update may be required.

EDIT:  After tinkering with my screen brightness issue, I determined that my DSDT had the most basic PNLF device.  I removed that from my DSDT and used the more recent, commonly used SSDT-PNLF.aml that is available on Dortania's Github.  That worked and all of my screen brightness functionality has been restored.  Yay!

Good day, I am facing the same brightness issue after updating to 11.3 beta and tried the updated ssd-pnlf with no success. Can you please guide me, how to remove the pnlf from DSDT?

10 hours ago, Takiller said:

Good day, I am facing the same brightness issue after updating to 11.3 beta and tried the updated ssd-pnlf with no success. Can you please guide me, how to remove the pnlf from DSDT?

Not everyone has a PNLF device in their DSDT.  I use a custom DSDT with many patches and edits.  Until 11.3, how did you get the brightness slider to appear in your Display settings?  Some people use Clover to add a PNLF device.  You can check if your DSDT has a PNLF device in it by doing a search for PNLF using MaciASL.  If you find it, you will need to remove the entire device entry and not just the line that says Device PNLF.  If you can't figure it out, you can post your DSDT and I can take a look at it.

new patch (DhinakG - cpuid_set_cpufamily - force CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN - 11.3b1)

Thanks. I just wanna update my backup USB before updating that’s all as my desktop is out of commission at the moment (broken monitor)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Not everyone has a PNLF device in their DSDT.  I use a custom DSDT with many patches and edits.  Until 11.3, how did you get the brightness slider to appear in your Display settings?  Some people use Clover to add a PNLF device.  You can check if your DSDT has a PNLF device in it by doing a search for PNLF using MaciASL.  If you find it, you will need to remove the entire device entry and not just the line that says Device PNLF.  If you can't figure it out, you can post your DSDT and I can take a look at it.

Thanks for the response, my DSDT has the PNLF device in it and I will try to play around with it. All along have been using the attached DSDT and SSDT-9 for the display brightness.

DSDT.aml SSDT-9.aml

7 hours ago, Takiller said:

Thanks for the response, my DSDT has the PNLF device in it and I will try to play around with it. All along have been using the attached DSDT and SSDT-9 for the display brightness.

DSDT.aml 72.24 kB · 1 download SSDT-9.aml 668 B · 1 download

It appears that you have a PNLF device in both your DSDT and SSDT-9.  You only need one and there should only be one.  In all likelihood, one of these is not being used.  Try removing your SSDT-9 and see if that works.  If not, that most likely means that the PNLF device in your DSDT is not being used.  In that case, try using Dortania's SSDT-PNLF.aml instead of your SSDT-9 and see if that works.  If neither work, you may need to remove the PNLF device in your DSDT and then use Dortania's SSDT-PNLF.  BTW, I see you have the Intel HD4600 (Haswell) GPU.  It is possible that the fix for me on my Kabylake-R system may not work for you. Try these suggestions and see what happens.  If you need help removing the PNLF device from your DSDT, let me know and I can do that for you.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mnfesq said:

It appears that you have a PNLF device in both your DSDT and SSDT-9.  You only need one and there should only be one.  In all likelihood, one of these is not being used.  Try removing your SSDT-9 and see if that works.  If not, that most likely means that the PNLF device in your DSDT is not being used.  In that case, try using Dortania's SSDT-PNLF.aml instead of your SSDT-9 and see if that works.  If neither work, you may need to remove the PNLF device in your DSDT and then use Dortania's SSDT-PNLF.  BTW, I see you have the Intel HD4600 (Haswell) GPU.  It is possible that the fix for me on my Kabylake-R system may not work for you. Try these suggestions and see what happens.  If you need help removing the PNLF device from your DSDT, let me know and I can do that for you.

Thanks a lot for your advice, as I eventually got it working and this time it is actually perfect with this new SSDT-PNLF :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Well update made, but this time I lost bluetooth... 

This new beta changed anything bluetooth related, I changed my EFI with OpenCore 0.6.7 with another with OpenCore 0.6.5 an the bluetooth don't work with this EFI too...

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Sad 1

Hi all users

SoftwareUpdate stuck at second download Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2.(Clover r5130). I don't have the others stage and I can't update.

First time, SoftwareUpdate download correctly Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2 update. Then prepare files. Download appears again... stuck at this point. No restart button... :cry:

Does anyone have a solution ?

SOLVED: I force restart my Z390 config  by the Finder. Then Software Update show up Restart button at top right. I click and so on...

Capture d’écran 2021-02-18 à 09.20.16.png

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi all users

SoftwareUpdate stuck at second download Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2.(Clover r5130). I don't have the others stage and I can't update.

First time, SoftwareUpdate download correctly Big Sur 11.3 Beta 2 update. Then prepare files. Download appears again... stuck at this point. No restart button... :cry:

Does anyone have a solution ?

SOLVED: I force restart my Z390 config  by the Finder. Then Software Update show up Restart button at top right. I click and so on...

Capture d’écran 2021-02-18 à 09.20.16.png

Reboot and start update again. It will ask you to reboot for updating OS. I had the same issue.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 2