gengik84

195 posts in this topic

That's all what I did

Open core bootloader is mandatory otherwise it will not work

you must have working NVRAM or Emulated NVRAM
I have a Bios based machine, so that’s why I am calling it Legacy mode

Edited by Rocky12

updated my z490 hack

but I have had to change over my GPU To my stand by card as though my own fault I got a  water leak and its shorted out my water-cooled vega56. dose anyone know someone that repairs GPUS In the uk?

1789702860_Screenshot2021-03-03at01_55_03.png.a3ca3f4d3ab71051e4c0a4073c5c3a8a.png1951968339_Screenshot2021-03-03at02_14_13.png.df4bd4e9f0b1d637d0d14606f55434e9.png

Edited by BALDY_MAN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Back from the busy world of the dead (thanks Real Life®) - hi everyone!

After I finished the standard OC upgrade to -current, I too cannot fetch latest Beta on the Big Sur on my iHack. CSR is enabled, auth root is enabled, volume is sealed, OC secure boot is disabled, seedutil shows enrolled on DeveloperSeed, OC is as fresh and new as of GitHub's 15 minutes ago (11:10AM GMT-0500 Mar 3 2021). Yet, "your macOS is up to date" is what the liar Software Update reads on a 11.3 Beta 1 (20E5172i). While on Recovery mode, it claims it failed to download a file - which is incorrect, as I can see the file downloaded in full at my network gear (perks of being on the IT networking field for a living, and having the right gear). Surprisingly, it worked first time on my HackbookPro and on a real MBP.

Suggestions? Or perhaps any link to the Beta 3 standalone?

(all specs on my sig)

[edit] Ok, that was... odd. I've changed my enrollment, from Developer to Public Beta Seed, and it is now downloading something. Not sure yet which code is coming, as it is a 12Gb file - more to come.

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BALDY_MAN said:

I got a  water leak and its shorted out my water-cooled vega56. dose anyone know someone that repairs GPUS In the uk?

Sorry to hear of your woes with leakage. I always fancy doing a custom water cooled system but I have seen first hand of the damage a leakage can do and it is not nice. My brother in law had a killer custom built water cooled system that sprung a leak after a while and the damage was expensive to say the least and that kind of put me off the idea. Hopefully your damage was limited to just the GPU and nothing else which I hope you get sorted.

12 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

Back from the busy world of the dead (thanks Real Life®) - hi everyone!

After I finished the standard OC upgrade to -current, I too cannot fetch latest Beta on the Big Sur on my iHack. CSR is enabled, auth root is enabled, volume is sealed, OC secure boot is disabled, seedutil shows enrolled on DeveloperSeed, OC is as fresh and new as of GitHub's 15 minutes ago (11:10AM GMT-0500 Mar 3 2021). Yet, "your macOS is up to date" is what the liar Software Update reads on a 11.3 Beta 1 (20E5172i). While on Recovery mode, it claims it failed to download a file - which is incorrect, as I can see the file downloaded in full at my network gear (perks of being on the IT networking field for a living, and having the right gear). Surprisingly, it worked first time on my HackbookPro and on a real MBP.

Suggestions? Or perhaps any link to the Beta 3 standalone?

(all specs on my sig)

[edit] Ok, that was... odd. I've changed my enrollment, from Developer to Public Beta Seed, and it is now downloading something. Not sure yet which code is coming, as it is a 12Gb file - more to come.

I'm having the same problem with you. Alse downloading the 12Gb Install macOS Big Sur Beta file. After opened it, the app is not responding.

16 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm having the same problem with you. Alse downloading the 12Gb Install macOS Big Sur Beta file. After opened it, the app is not responding.

I gave up trying to sort this out and did the update using more traditional, reliable methods. After I downloaded and installed the InstallAssist.pkg beta 3 file, I went inside the Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app and created a USB installation media. Booted with the USB, upgraded the existing install, everything seems to be working - will see during next update if it fetches updates on its own or if still messed up.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, chris1111 said:

Update no issue

1221658217_ScreenShot2021-03-02at5_51_37PM.png.380416106a96e323422a07564850bc70.png

I see some body not able to Update SIP Disable  so that's not an issue here

Untitled.png.59be8ee8017e6b49fc8844ca3c339de9.png

Hi, chris1111:

If your legacy booting hackintosh can boot or update to Big Sur beta2 or 3, can you share your config.plist of Clover or OpenCore ?

My legacy booting hackintoshs can boot Big Sur 11.3 beta1 smoothly,

but it got crash of 11.3 beta3 as shown here either iMac 15,1 or iMac 19,1 was used:

IMG_0045.JPG

Edited by jsl2000

On 3/3/2021 at 6:45 AM, Rocky12 said:

X58 OpenCore 0.6.3 Legacy 

Update method Emulated NVRAM :thumbsup_anim:

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 23.34.53.png

Thanks.

Can you share your config.plist of OpenCore for me to fix my Sandy Bridge P6TSE and LGA775 hackintoshs with legacy booting ?

16 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:

Thanks for your prompt reply and kind help.

You have mentioned  Update method Emulated NVRAM, but I did not find any change in your NVRAM>LegacySchema.

Did you deleted it after update ?