[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.3

gengik84

195 posts in this topic

The update took a long time for me as well but went smoothly.  However, I seem to have lost my backlight slider, brightness keys and ability to adjust screen brightness.  I'm thinking that a Whatevergreen update may be required.

EDIT:  After tinkering with my screen brightness issue, I determined that my DSDT had the most basic PNLF device.  I removed that from my DSDT and used the more recent, commonly used SSDT-PNLF.aml that is available on Dortania's Github.  That worked and all of my screen brightness functionality has been restored.  Yay!

Edited by mnfesq

It seems I got back a problem of sometimes needing to replug my HDMI cable to the TV to get it to show something, happens occasionally after wake from sleep. This problem was fixed before, maybe there is some Whatevergreen patches/injections that cannot be applied anymore?

Edited by Common_Sense

3 hours ago, Common_Sense said:

Same for me, I cannot connect to my Homepod mini anymore.

Might be a regression from the work done to get stereo pairs working. I just wanted to check here as I haven't seen anything anywhere else yet. Lets hope we get Airplay 2 system audio like thought.

17 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Thank You Friend @bisdak4920 

in my Final 11.2 (20D64) the update to the 11.3 beta1 does not come automatically,

despite activated SIP and authenticated root = enable

Does anyone have any idea why that doesn't work with 11.3 beta?

Before that I could load any beta and RC at 11.2, with the same settings in Open Core 0.6.6

On 2/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, Shaneee said:

@iCanaro working now. An update was pushed to GitHub.

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 00.16.48.png

Thanks for your post and the new patch (DhinakG - cpuid_set_cpufamily - force CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN - 11.3b1) for 11.3 which works at my Ryzen 1700X and FX-6300 hackintoshs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Is it just one new patch?
Is it needed on all AMD?
Which one is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new patch (DhinakG - cpuid_set_cpufamily - force CPUFAMILY_INTEL_PENRYN - 11.3b1)