[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Hello friends, I'm trying to upload BigSur vanilla with an efi made available by a friend. But in the installation menu the hard drive is not recognized.

It doesn't even appear on diskutil actually.

My hardware:

I3-7020U

HD 620

HDD SATA

EFI.zip

23 minutes ago, lottenow said:

Thank you so much @black.dragon74! I can finally boot to the installer of Big Sur.

I have created a partition on my M.2 SATA 1TB SSD, but none of the partitions including the SSD are showing up on either Install or Disk Utility.

Do I need any extra kexts to show APFS partitions/containers? I can only see the USB stick and Disk Image I am booting from.

Thanks in advance!

Its possible share add plist for Fakesmc and the kext update? Thanks!!

Several people, myself, included, have stated here that they can boot to the installer but that the installer does not see any of their SATA drives.  Mine also does not see my M.2 SSD drive. It does, however, see any USB drives I connect to my laptop.  The boot log I see when I try to boot to the installer ends with this before going to the start menu of the installer:

IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver: could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating
disk0s1: no such device.
IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver: could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating
disk1s1: no such device.

I had the same problem when I booted into an installation of Big Sur made on a real Mac and, because of it, could not restore the installation to the partition on my SSD I had prepared for it.  Perhaps this is related to the UUID for the drives and that there is a check that can be bypassed with a boot arg.  Anyone?

16 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Its possible share add plist for Fakesmc and the kext update? Thanks!!

I have posted this here. My configuration is for Hades Canyon only, and I do not have FakeSMC, only Virtual SMC.

You can find the kexts compiled here, as there is a 10MB limit, which I am over when I upload mine.

11 minutes ago, Cephalotus said:

someone managed to solve the problem SIGABRT ? I tried to swap the virtualsmc for fakesmc but always gives this plist for virtualsmc not found

You should really know how to use OpenCore before going around and switching kext out. You must update the config.plist with whatever kext you are using.

• Like 1

Well I got there in the end thanks to @Pavo for giving me the inspiration to push on regardless also @dannyboy9 for supplying his config.plist enabling me to do it the lazy way. You guys are the best. :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 23.16.42.png

Edited by Allan
Spoiler tag!
  • Like 2

Hi @eSaF,

In first place congratulations are in order, and in second place can you share your EFI, please?

My results are very frustrating the SIGABRT plague follows me ...

Thanks

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

Several people, myself, included, have stated here that they can boot to the installer but that the installer does not see any of their SATA drives.  Mine also does not see my M.2 SSD drive. It does, however, see any USB drives I connect to my laptop.  The boot log I see when I try to boot to the installer ends with this before going to the start menu of the installer:

disk0s1: no such device.
disk1s1: no such device.

I had the same problem when I booted into an installation of Big Sur made on a real Mac and, because of it, could not restore the installation to the partition on my SSD I had prepared for it.  Perhaps this is related to the UUID for the drives and that there is a check that can be bypassed with a boot arg.  Anyone?

@mnfesq : I have tried with ApfsDriverLoader.efi from here, but it still does not show any internal disks.

Is this a bug related to M.2 SATA SSDs?

Hi all, i succeded too instal Big Sur with Premade EFI from Olarila.com thanks a lot to @MaLd0n this is guy work hard, deserve so much be recognize, and the same way, all of the great developers from this community. 

My Desktop from signature: 

Z170-XP_SLi...

Spoiler

camphoto_684387517.jpg

IMG_6508.jpeg

camphoto_1804928587.jpg

• Like 3

You guys are best.

Thanks devs for OC Update. Switched to OC from Clover.

Had to research a lot of OC Docs and applelife forum was really tiresome, but after tweaking for a while managed to run it smoothly.

Spoiler

372130741_ScreenShot2020-07-07at03_34_45.thumb.png.d1ec4f593ae061e0c02610e5d95d4f43.png

• Like 1

Hi @Max.1974

I tried with a pre made EFI folder from Olarila and didn't work... but my appreciation and thanks from all the work @MaLd0n, does for the community, and for me.

Saudações portuguesas 

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MorenoAv - Here you go, you must go through it carefully and inject your own values where needed as the config.list is the full Sample then you must clear your NVRAM prior to booting to get rid of the SIGABRT plague. Good luck

EFI.zip

• Like 2

Morning all, so i have build new OC, new kexts and i can make it further in the USB installer but still not very far until i get the shown KP.

Boot args: -v -lilubetaall vsmcgen=1

Laptop specs in signature.

Spoiler

IMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.2ba0f5a92de27d85f6332bbb7cf88390.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Morning all, so i have build new OC, new kexts and i can make it further in the USB installer but still not very far until i get the shown KP.

Boot args: -v -lilubetaall vsmcgen=1

Laptop specs in signature.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.2ba0f5a92de27d85f6332bbb7cf88390.jpeg

No need for -lilubetaall now so you should remove that from boot arg.

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

@eSaF

Thanks for the tip but removing that boot arg did not help, same KP.

config.plist

Actually I had to use the full config.plist and fill in all the relevant info before I could get it to boot, I got the idea from dannyboy9's config.plist because when I used the simplified one as I did in Catalina it would not boot. Have a look at the EFI Folder I posted a page or two back just to give you an idea and maybe get you a step further. Good luck.

Success! USB install to internal SSD on my laptop.

config.plist attached.

Installation took a while (i mean a while) and stalled on a few parts but be patient.

So far with limited testing WiFi is the only thing not working (DW1820A) and trackpad is not recognised (But works)

Still need to test CPU PM, battery status, sleep, lid and a few other things.

Great work to the devs of OC.

config.plist

Now when i boot into Catalina though i have this drive mounted?

Spoiler

1432802333_ScreenShot2020-07-07at2_28_02pm.png.df21a32bc11a4351cbac688bef5069a6.png

Spoiler

IMG_0254.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0255.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0257.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0256.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0258.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0261.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0260.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_0259.jpeg

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, manmo71 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

@Cyberdevs I had enabled HideAuxillary=YES, making that NO fixed the missing Reset NVRAM option. Thank you.

If you leave as "No" and using OpenCanopy, you can still access the hidden items. By pressing the "Space" bar on your keyboard, the hidden items are toggled visible/hidden.

Successfully installed macOS Big Sur Beta1 on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH, thanks to the latest OC 0.6.0.  Much kudos to acidanthera devs for their hard work to enable native booting of the BS installer from KernelCollections :thumbsup_anim:!!!

Spoiler

1639228881_OpencanopywithOC0.6.0.thumb.png.7317c828dc9930aa78a69d4a88e05860.png1402915417_BigSuronSkylakeNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.9c47efa38a831d1d1ebf1c1ffd757455.png2066058375_Framebuffer0x19260002.thumb.png.0cee9e037d88efdfb0bb32ae854c1378.png

Notes

• USB Installer made with createinstallmedia method
  • Compiled latest OC 0.6.0 from GIT Hub
  • Also compiled latest Lilu v1.4.6 and WhateverGreen v1.4.1 kexts to avoid kernel panic and black screen before login screen
  • Recommend to set Kernel/Quirks/PanicNoKextDump to YES in config.plist to troubleshoot problematic kexts if kernel panic occurs
  • To disable authenticated root SIP in Big Sur (so can play around with system files), I set csr-active-config in OC config.plist to 0x77080000, then reset NVRAM through the OC boot menu —> csr-active-config w%08%00%00
  • Catalina kexts for my Edimax EW-7811UTC AC600 wireless USB (based on Realtek rtl8812 chipset) still work well in Big Sur

OC 0.6.0 for Skylake NUC6i5SYH.zip

Edited by fusion71au
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1