[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I have registered especially to thank you for your help and thoughts. Since the DEV-Version of BigSur came online, I've been following you here.

I started migrating from Clover to OC last night at 11pm. I had BigSur fully running around 2:00 in the morning. Everything works, WIFI / Ethernet / NVME / Audio / Intel UHD.

I like OpenCore much better than Clover. OC is so much cleaner.

I am very happy about this community and thank you for your support and thoughts!

If someone has a DELL Optiplex 5070 SFF and needs support, feel free to contact me. OC-EFI runs very smooth and stable with Catalina and BigSur!

• Like 3

SOLUTION TO SIGABRT:

Before I get there, here's a little backstory. I was a clover user until big sur and really wanted to try OC, big sur came and so did the opportunity. Tried to be over smart and make a OC folder directly and paste it into EFI without resetting or deleting any past variables. It did work successfully into Big Sur BUT those variables would come to bite me when I chose to install from an external media.

So the solution is to keep whatever your virtualsmc and whatever kexts you already have, reboot into the pendrive and in OC menu, tap on RESET NVRAM. Tiny reboot by the system and you will see nothing into your boot menu, just opencore. Hit that and then when you come in OC menu, hit on install MacOS Beta. And doodah you are in the installer! :D

Edited by dannyboy9
  • Like 1

Hi @dannyboy9

I did it cleaned the ram, and after mini reboot OpenCore appears and I click install macOs beta, and it boots until SIGBART saga happens again... for that reason is my "almost" cry for help, or my head feels more alleviated I stopped plucking hair... for the time being...

Thanks 

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

Hi [mention=2520996]dannyboy9[/mention], 
I did it cleaned the ram, and after mini reboot OpenCore appears and I click install macOs beta, and it boots until SIGBART saga happens again... for that reason is my "almost" cry for help, or my head feels more alleviated I stopped plucking hair... for the time being...
Thanks 

Does the OC EFI your trying boot Catalina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi [mention=2520996]dannyboy9[/mention], 
Thanks 

Does the OC EFI your trying boot Catalina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @dannyboy9

Thanks 

could you upload your plist here

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't use the NVMefix as I have read it is not necessary with OC. My system is running very smooth everything works apart from Apple TV, it shows the trailers but not my Apple movie collection, no problem in Catalina on that score, but it is early days for Big Sur. :)

share your efi , please

Hi @SavageAUS

I only have mcOS Big Sur, because then a solution came to boot from usb install I wiped my other ssd that has mcOS Catalina for re installing from usb Big Sur, but yes it booted Catalina. The usb that I'm trying to boot Big Sur from is almost my EFI that boots Big Sur installed from a dmg and the help from @MaLd0n.

@dannyboy9, my config.plist are above but here it is again...

config.plist

Edited by MorenoAv

Does anyone have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 EFI folder for Big Sur?

I managed to enter the installer but no SSD or HD is shown, I have a restoration of Big Sur, at boot time, the following appears:

After that, a forbidden symbol appears

I tried to patch the EC device, but failed to boot! It gives the same prohibition symbol, but it ends with the "Previous Shutdown Cause = 5"

Spoiler

20200706_194235_HDR.jpg

Edited by Allan
Spoiler tag!

37 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @SavageAUS

I only have mcOS Big Sur, because then a solution came to boot from usb install I wiped my other ssd that has mcOS Catalina for re installing from usb Big Sur, but yes it booted Catalina. The usb that I'm trying to boot Big Sur from is almost my EFI that boots Big Sur installed from a dmg and the help from @MaLd0n.

@dannyboy9, my config.plist are above but here it is again...

config.plist

I'm sort of the same boat. Wiped my SSD to deploy the "pre-installed" Big Sur DMG, so I lost my Catalina. Not much of a deal since most of my apps are working just fine. But yeah, I cannot boot Install from the USB, or Recovery from the pre-installed image - SIGABRT for me as well.

If I have to reinstall my machine, I would either redo the BS DMG method, or go back to Catalina - at this point, all I can do is wait for more stable code and then, if it still doesn't work for me, providing logs/dumps/info for the coder folks to understand what is happening and why is happening.

Paciência, pequeno gafanhoto ;)

• Like 1

i still haven't found a solution to that SIGABRT. Can't seem to understand what is causing it

EDIT :
on google found this
a signal SIGABRT is a error in code

Edited by corint1
  • Like 1

@chris1111

hi chris did you get root access permission?

we use this type for permission in catalina

sudo spctl --master-disable & sudo mount -uw / & sudo killall Finder

but in BS, no luck. is there any idea?

in macrumors, jackluke said like this in recovery.

mount -uw /
nvram boot-args="-no_compat_check"
csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable
reboot

but i don't want to enter recovery to disable csr.

6 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

@chris1111

hi chris did you get root access permission?

we use this type for permission in catalina

sudo spctl --master-disable & sudo mount -uw / & sudo killall Finder

but in BS, no luck. is there any idea?

in macrumors, jackluke said like this in recovery.

mount -uw /
nvram boot-args="-no_compat_check"
csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable
reboot

but i don't want to enter recovery to disable csr.

Its a bit complicated Take a look here ASentientBot

• Like 3

Just now, Sherlocks said:

thank you for info. 

hope it will be find better way in the future

I don't think because Apple Lock this system and I think is more lock in the future release:thumbsdown_anim:

• Like 3