[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I think i'll wait for Dortania to update the guide. I cannot get the USB installer to work and i don't know what the KP means.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0246.thumb.jpeg.f42d72fa8adcbbe122e62ef302439278.jpeg

EFI.zip

It was happening the same with me, but I rapidly realized it was the kexts. It’s something from the network or Bluetooth drivers, but I’ll try tomorrow 1 by 1 to see the problem. I’m using Intel AX200 and Realtek PCIe GB, with kexts “itlwmx” and “RTL8111”, respectively. As for the Bluetooth, I’m using “IntelBluetoothFirmware”

Coffee lake here

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 4:56 PM, Skyfallkavu said:

Oh wow, I just checked on my Catalina beta enrolled system and it's available without me doing anything. They really are just using this pref.

Those braver than me, good luck.

I try both using betaaccess.dmg and use this command, but in my Catalina update page, I only see the macOS Catalina Beta 10.15.6? I don't see this BigSur...what to do?

Should I install that Catalina Beta first?

Spoiler

beta.png

Edited by Allan
Spoiler tag!

7 hours ago, dhani said:

I try both using betaaccess.dmg and use this command, but in my Catalina update page, I only see the macOS Catalina Beta 10.15.6? I don't see this BigSur...what to do?

Spoiler

beta.png

I’m seeing that too, my last hope was to download directly from Apple with gibmacOS

Edited by Allan
Spoiler tag!

6 hours ago, RGarrido said:

I’m seeing that too, my last hope was to download directly from Apple with gibmacOS

Update your SMBIOS to a Big Sur compatible machine

6 hours ago, dhani said:

Spoiler

beta.png

Edited by Allan
Spoiler tag!

8 minutes ago, Cephalotus said:

I managed to get pass the installation, but when I restart the PC to go to the system configuration, I get this error

http://www.mediafire.com/view/r913omt78zbkufc/photo_2020-07-07_04-05-59.jpg/file

anyone knows how to solve this?

I think your problem has something to do with System Management Controller, try restarting the machine but clean NVRAM first before installing. Good luck.

Just now, eSaF said:

I think your problem has something to do with System Management Controller, try restarting the machine but clean NVRAM first before installing. Good luck.

Did your Big Sur finally boot?

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@dannyboy9 - Yes Sir!!!! - Credit to you and Pavo :thumbsup_anim:

I forgot to define NVMefix in the plist. Hope you have done that if you seem to be using one!

With my USB, that SIGABRT error is pretty annoying inspite of AllowNVRAMReset=True

2 minutes ago, dannyboy9 said:

I forgot to define NVMefix in the plist. Hope you have done that if you seem to be using one!

With my USB, that SIGABRT error is pretty annoying inspite of AllowNVRAMReset=True

I don't use the NVMefix as I have read it is not necessary with OC. My system is running very smooth everything works apart from Apple TV, it shows the trailers but not my Apple movie collection, no problem in Catalina on that score, but it is early days for Big Sur. :)

On 7/7/2020 at 2:48 PM, dhani said:

Spoiler

You can use this script to download full installer app from swscan.apple.com.

installScript_110fullapp.zip

Spoiler

installScript_110full.thumb.gif.2273928f1284122a9199cbe46a9ec3f5.gif

Edited by crazybirdy
auto-update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I don't use the NVMefix as I have read it is not necessary with OC. My system is running very smooth everything works apart from Apple TV, it shows the trailers but not my Apple movie collection, no problem in Catalina on that score, but it is early days for Big Sur. 

On my laptop it’s mostly smooth but clicking the icons in the top bar cause lag (audio, battery etc). Still yet to figure out wifi but everything else works, system boots and shuts down pretty slow too. It’s installed on a Samsung 850 evo ssd. For a dev beta 1 it’s ok. More testing tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dannyboy9 said:

Update your SMBIOS to a Big Sur compatible machine

Hi thanks for the suggestion, I will try it.

I was using iMacPro1,1. Which smbios that supports Big Sur?

Thanks

9 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi @Max.1974

I tried with a pre made EFI folder from Olarila and didn't work... but my appreciation and thanks from all the work @MaLd0n, does for the community, and for me.

Saudações portuguesas 

I have a MaLd0n method install on another SSD Disk which I opted for instead of the VM method. I wanted the install from USB method for the obvious reason and the second reason, although MaL's method is super easy, I was slightly irked I couldn't rename the Drive with a name of my choosing instead of 'Test Drive' and that was my only gripe because like now, everything worked apart from Apple TV - Yea I am uber quirky that way :hysterical: Still miffed about Apple TV though Beta or no Beta. :hysterical:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Success! USB install to internal SSD on my laptop.

config.plist attached.

Installation took a while (i mean a while) and stalled on a few parts but be patient.

So far with limited testing WiFi is the only thing not working (DW1820A) and trackpad is not recognised (But works)

Still need to test CPU PM, battery status, sleep, lid and a few other things.

Great work to the devs of OC.

config.plist

No when i boot into Catalina though i have this drive mounted?

Reveal hidden contents

1432802333_ScreenShot2020-07-07at2_28_02pm.png.df21a32bc11a4351cbac688bef5069a6.png

Hide contents

IMG_0254.jpeg

Hide contents

IMG_0255.jpeg

Hide contents

IMG_0257.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0256.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0258.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0261.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0260.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0259.jpeg

You saved me, I was fighting this KP for the past 5 hours or so :D

• Like 1

LoL, @eSaF i have tried you EFI, didn't work and gave me an prohibited sign... is progress but not enough... yet...

I'm picky too and the things that annoy me are the fact that I can't rename my hard disk and HEVC don't work so no Netflix in safari...

Thanks

• Like 1

Just now, MorenoAv said:

LoL, @eSaF i have tried you EFI, didn't work and gave me an prohibited sign... is progress but not enough... yet...

I'm picky too and the things that annoy me are the fact that I can't rename my hard disk and HEVC don't work so no Netflix in safari...

Thanks

9600k/Gigabyte Z390

EFI.zip

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

On my laptop it’s mostly smooth but clicking the icons in the top bar cause lag (audio, battery etc). Still yet to figure out wifi but everything else works, system boots and shuts down pretty slow too. It’s installed on a Samsung 850 evo ssd. For a dev beta 1 it’s ok. More testing tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same problem with top bar icons lag here. I found it to be caused by "CWWiFiUIProxyClient".

Log from Console:

11:33:05.359204+0200    ControlCenter    -[CWWiFiUIProxyClient startMonitoringEvents]: FAILED to complete operation within 4.0s, continuing
11:33:05.436579+0200    ControlCenter    -[CWWiFiUIProxyClient startScanning]: FAILED to complete operation within 4.0s, continuing
11:33:09.359559+0200    ControlCenter    -[CWWiFiUIProxyClient queryWiFiUIState]: FAILED to complete operation within 4.0s, continuing
11:33:11.483788+0200    ControlCenter    -[CWWiFiUIProxyClient stopScanning]: FAILED to complete operation within 4.0s, continuing

CWWiFiUIProxyClient is triggered even if you click on Sound icon or Fast user switching icon. And i dont have any wifi hardware enabled!

Edited by darthsian