[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, corint1 said:

i still haven't found a solution to that SIGABRT. Can't seem to understand what is causing it

EDIT :
on google found this
a signal SIGABRT is a error in code

Hey, yes I did manage to solve my SIGABRT issue

7 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't use the NVMefix as I have read it is not necessary with OC. My system is running very smooth everything works apart from Apple TV, it shows the trailers but not my Apple movie collection, no problem in Catalina on that score, but it is early days for Big Sur. :)

Apple TV + should work if you use iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS

• Like 1

@justin Justin - Thanks for letting me know, my problem is I have it working perfect on Catalina using an iMac model 19.1 so was loathed to change to a different model just for Big Sir. Who knows maybe I will change Mac model later at official release if I am still having a problem but thanks, appreciate the feed back.

3 hours ago, dannyboy9 said:

SOLUTION TO SIGABRT:

Before I get there, here's a little backstory. I was a clover user until big sur and really wanted to try OC, big sur came and so did the opportunity. Tried to be over smart and make a OC folder directly and paste it into EFI without resetting or deleting any past variables. It did work successfully into Big Sur BUT those variables would come to bite me when I chose to install from an external media.

So the solution is to keep whatever your virtualsmc and whatever kexts you already have, reboot into the pendrive and in OC menu, tap on RESET NVRAM. Tiny reboot by the system and you will see nothing into your boot menu, just opencore. Hit that and then when you come in OC menu, hit on install MacOS Beta. And doodah you are in the installer! :D

@corint1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@justin Justin - Thanks for letting me know, my problem is I have it working perfect on Catalina using an iMac model 19.1 so was loathed to change to a different model just for Big Sir. Who knows maybe I will change Mac model later at official release if I am still having a problem but thanks, appreciate the feed back.

If the hardware you are talking about is the same as described in your signature, then, you may want to use a mac model that does not have iGPU, e.g. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justin said:

If the hardware you are talking about is the same as described in your signature, then, you may want to use a mac model that does not have iGPU, e.g. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1

Yes that makes a lot of sense, to be honest Ive been planning to change out the CPU for quite a while now but waiting on realistic prices :) to suit my pocket and wifey's temperament :hysterical: so I might just take your advice and go about making that change.

• Haha 2

Just now, eSaF said:

Yes that makes a lot of sense, to be honest Ive been planning to change out the CPU for quite a while now but waiting on realistic prices :) to suit my pocket and wifey's temperament :hysterical: so I might just take your advice and go about making that change.

Good, remember to logout your apple account before changing SMBIOS, including iCloud, App Store, iMessage, Facetime, TV+ and anything else that is related to Apple.

• Like 2

Just now, justin said:

Good, remember to logout your apple account before changing SMBIOS, including iCloud, App Store, iMessage, Facetime, TV+ and anything else that is related to Apple.

Yea Man - It can be a mine field jumping through all the hoops to get the perfect setup but I know the procedure - Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup_anim:

9 minutes ago, Henry.M. said:

Any successful installations (only installations not vm or real mac restore method) on the z490 comet lake platform?

Yes, people have done it. The EFI is not much of a change from coffee lake. I'm planning on making a comet lake EFI myself.

On 7/6/2020 at 7:37 AM, MacPato said:

just update to latest commits and disable NVRAM entries for Kernel Collection Method, also add vsmcgen=1 for stage 3 fix.

Hi, thanks for the update, can you explain why vsmcgen=1 is needed?

Successfully installed Big Sur on i7-9750H (Clevo laptop). I have to study for a school exam I’ll have on Thursday but I’ll try to check if everything is working properly today

1 hour ago, dannyboy9 said:

thank you ...yes working , but after first restart , it is change background to catalina and can nao r store to big sur ... about 40 minutes and 5 restarts ... cool ...