[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

Spoiler

I am also having the same issue. With latest OC commit and kexts. Still I am having SIGILL and SIGABRT errors continuously looping...

The same EFI works perfectly on my Catalina installed on a different drive.

Edited by manmo71

Many thanks for your support Devs!

I am trying to boot from a Big Sur USB installer with OC installed on EFI partition.

Here is what I get as I boot to macOS Installer Beta from the USB stick:

I am using an Intel Nuc Hades Canyon (Intel i7-8809G / AMD Radeon RX Vega M GH 4 GB).

I am confused as to why the ACPI is not recognized, as this works fine in Catalina.

I also get a pre-linked kernel message before this, nonetheless, I have vsmcgen=1 on my boot-args.

I have also updated all the Kexts to the latest builds, including OC from MacPato EFI, and disabled Intel ethernet kexts, as others had problems with it. See config attached and SSDTs.

config.plist

Any takers? Thanks in advance!

Spoiler

intel nuc.jpg

SSDT-Hpm.aml

SSDT-Xhci.aml

SSDT-OsxDetect.aml

SSDT-PmEnable.aml

SSDT-GpuSpoof.aml

SSDT-TbtLegacy.aml

Edited by lottenow

Well, it didn't work for me until I took working OC folder for my laptop and

1. Updated OC+drivers from provided folder

2. Not just updated kexts, but also removed all kexts that where not provided with updated OC

3. Added vsmcgen=1 to boot arguments

I still get black screen on HD630 (mobile), with disabled acceleration I was able to boot installer, wipe the volume and install the files, but after reboot system wouldn't install without graphics acceleration (installer loads gui and then shuts down, same as installed system crashes without acceleration when you click Notification Center)

With Clover, when booting installed system I can at least use external monitor. I guess I'll have to wait for HD630 support to be fixed or for Clover to be able to boot installer

WhateverGreen got "Fix black screen on igfx since 10.15.5" commit yesterday, tried to boot with latest master but both Clover and OC still give black screen, both with -igfxtypec and without -igfxtypec both with usbc monitor and without it

Edited by DMMA

I installed off the USB all the way to the Desktop but the strange thing is when I transferred the EFI Folder from the USB to the EFI partition of the hard drive it would not boot, clearing the NVRAM makes no difference. I think when installing, it takes a Snap Shot of the system including where the files came from, so when you take the USB out of the equation it won't boot because it is looking for the usb. Putting the usb back, the machine boots fine so we are not quite there yet me thinks :worried_anim:

3 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I installed off the USB all the way to the Desktop but the strange thing is when I transferred the EFI Folder from the USB to the EFI partition of the hard drive it would not boot, clearing the NVRAM makes no difference. I think when installing, it takes a Snap Shot of the system including where the files came from, so when you take the USB out of the equation it won't boot because it is looking for the usb. Putting the usb back, the machine boots fine so we are not quite there yet me thinks :worried_anim:

It does take a snapshot but has nothing to do with the bootpicker ie.. OpenCore or Clover. The boot.efi is still located in the same location no matter using a bootpicker from USB or HDD. You should try booting with verbose and taking a look, I did have a long wait after 2nd phase was done to reach the setup phase. Most likely cause of the decrypting of the apfs volume is looking to use the T2 chip where hacks do not have these. It took about 10 minutes for it to fully decrypt it and boot.

• Like 1

@Pavo - Thanks for the clarification, I already have it running on a Test Disk but done the restored way, I am just trying like everyone to get it to install off a USB drive. I did reach all the way through the setup and to the desk top but transferring the EFI Folder and rebooting resulted in a panic but I will carry on playing with it to see what  could be the cause of the glitch. BTW the whole initial process took roughly an hour to install off the usb drive.

Just before I reach the installer the following message appears: IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts, terminating

In disk utility there are no sata drives listed

6 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Pavo - Thanks for the clarification, I already have it running on a Test Disk but done the restored way, I am just trying like everyone to get it to install off a USB drive. I did reach all the way through the setup and to the desk top but transferring the EFI Folder and rebooting resulted in a panic but I will carry on playing with it to see what  could be the cause of the glitch. BTW the whole initial process took roughly an hour to install off the usb drive.

What did it panic on? Got a pic of the panic?

8 hours ago, augustopaulo said:

Hi @bbmatias3,

That's really nice - Thanks! :)

I just added the "-v" (verbose) to boot arguments and unfortunately it stops booting as per picture...

The BigSur image was  "DD" copied from a VM installed image from Olarila, which boots on my Z390 Desktop with different EFI/OC. 

Spoiler

IMG_0138.jpg

Not sure double check your bios settings? Your laptop has 520 graphics?

8 hours ago, augustopaulo said:

Hi @bbmatias3,

That's really nice - Thanks! :)

I just added the "-v" (verbose) to boot arguments and unfortunately it stops booting as per picture...

The BigSur image was  "DD" copied from a VM installed image from Olarila, which boots on my Z390 Desktop with different EFI/OC. 

Spoiler

IMG_0138.jpg

Verify that you have EC rename patches enabled (SSDT-EC, or rename patches in config.plist)

12 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Pavo - Sorry man I got so frustrated I scrapped the EFI Folder and now in the process of rebuilding to start again, any hiccups this time around, I will record and post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Tt36j77uM9tiX-jNRVsB5huz05gd-v8/view?usp=sharing

try my efi. used it on a 9600k/Gigabyte Z390/Rx 580

• Like 2

@dannyboy9 - Hey thanks, as a matter of fact I did look at your EFI Folder and noticed as well as the config.plist you used, the Full Sample, the version is not 0.6.0, I don't know how much of a difference that makes but I shall battle on. :)