[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Extra info:  @ResEdit_ResEdit edited "/macOS Install Data/UpdateOptions.plist" file (booted into macOS on separate drive after phase1 reboot) to prevent volume sealing occurring later on during phase3...

Or...

Eg: if you don't have separate drive for modify UpdateOption.plist
After first phase, boot installer again, open terminal and write

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set DoNotSeal true" /volumes/bigsur/"macos install data"/UpdateOptions.plist 

reboot

note: change /volumes/bigsur with your /volumes/disk_name

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 ora fa, jsl2000 ha detto:

Questa nuova versione può avviare Big Sur, Catalina e 10.14.x senza alcun problema, tranne per il fatto che ho bisogno di aggiungere apfs.efi oltre a ApfsDriverLoader.efi nel mio hackintosh Z77.

You can share your EFI clover to compare with mine, because I have network and audio card activation problems when I start with the new clover bootloader

I created a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15.6 USB drive with the latest Clover 5120.

I have 3 m.2 drives on my MOBO, and I use both OC and Clover (trying to get it installed). I am running it with the following specs

• Drive 1 - OC 0.6 Big Sur
  • Drive 2 - Trying to install macOS Catalina 10.15.6 with Clover
  • Drive 3 - OC 0.6 Catalina 10.15.6

The OC versions are both functional and working fine. I am unable to get the USB drive to boot successfully and install Catalina 10.15.6 onto Drive 2.

In the past I was using just clover for the past couple of years with a working configuration and had the config.plist configured just fine.

I accidentally deleted the only backup copy of my Clover EFI, Now I am again struggling to get the system back the way it used to be with Clover.

I am running iGPU headless and DGPU RX580. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, can some one help me out here with the clover version?

I have attached my EFI folder if someone can take a look at it...EFI.zip

Hi to all here, i am still trying thousands of times to boot Bigsur from internal ssd, it just boot from usb external ssd and it is slow, and cannot show the internal ssd disk , i have the usb properly mapped, , bios updated, and i dont know what is preventing the boot, is this the problem woth all, or just in my system , all kekst and oc bootloader are the latest new , waiting any reply or help thanks   

3 hours ago, manmo71 said:

I created a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15.6 USB drive with the latest Clover 5120.

I have attached my EFI folder if someone can take a look at it...EFI.zip

Be patient  :)  Slice has removed the last release r5120 not working

• Like 3

Every boot I get a "Your computer restarted because of an error" dialog. Even though I can't find any trace of a panic. I've deleted the apfs snapshots so it's not baked into one of those. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? There's still a few flaky bits in Beta 2 for me but this is the main annoyance for me right now. Hoping the next one smooths things out a bit.

1 hour ago, Riley Freeman said:

Every boot I get a "Your computer restarted because of an error" dialog. Even though I can't find any trace of a panic. I've deleted the apfs snapshots so it's not baked into one of those. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? There's still a few flaky bits in Beta 2 for me but this is the main annoyance for me right now. Hoping the next one smooths things out a bit.

Have you tried cleaning the NVRAM then reboot to the named drive Opencore? Had that with Catalina and that method cured that pesky error. Good luck.

4 hours ago, PC IT said:

Hi to all here, i am still trying thousands of times to boot Bigsur from internal ssd, it just boot from usb external ssd and it is slow, and cannot show the internal ssd disk , i have the usb properly mapped, , bios updated, and i dont know what is preventing the boot, is this the problem woth all, or just in my system , all kekst and oc bootloader are the latest new , waiting any reply or help thanks   

I'm still having the same problem as well.  It's not just you.

• Like 1

Hi @fusion71au one more time im thankful for you help us... my question is about hax2 or hax3. How install this for usb installer? Just run it "Build.tool"? Thanks again!!! 

12 hours ago, fusion71au said:

It looks like @ameenjuz's problem is that his Big_Sur volume is sealed, and there is no way to unseal it once already sealed, short of reinstalling again and interrupting phase3 installation (like @ricoc90) or using a patched installer in the first place (based on @ASentientBot's hax2 or hax3.dylib).

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by Max.1974

I'm trying to create macOS pendrive from an installed opencore Big Sur beta2, with this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

but I have an error with this message:

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD

Referenced from: /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia

Reason: image not found

but the image is already present dowloaded from another pc and copied in applications folder.

Edited by mick3lson

5 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

I'm trying to create macOS pendrive from an installed opencore Big Sur beta2, with this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --nointeraction

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/IAESD.framework/Versions/A/IAESD

Referenced from: /Applications/Install macOS Big Sur Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia

but the image is already present in applications folder.

Rename your USB Drive Untitled and copy this script in Terminal exactly as this - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled. Good luck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

I'm still having the same problem as well.  It's not just you.

Would you be able to sum up what options you tried?

So I can try and go by exclusion on my machine with your tests and see if I can get a positive result.

Thanks!

48 minutes ago, mick3lson said:

but the image is already present dowloaded from another pc and copied in applications folder.

Sound like a corrupt installer or a copy problem from your other PC. Try to create USB Installer from the first PC to see the result :)

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Rename your USB Drive Untitled and copy this script in Terminal exactly as this - sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled. Good luck.

Unfortunately don't work even renaming the pendrive, I can't be able with macOS Developer Access Utility to download the install app to try with new one downloaded.

42 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Sound like a corrupt installer or a copy problem from your other PC. Try to create USB Installer from the first PC to see the result :)

Yep corrupted file, solved.

Edited by mick3lson
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Have you tried cleaning the NVRAM then reboot to the named drive Opencore? Had that with Catalina and that method cured that pesky error. Good luck.

Pretty sure I'd tried that before but I did again. With the first boot there was no error message, but it returned after a reboot. There's no panic in any of the CrashReporter locations or logs but there are shutdownstalls. However, I doubt they would trigger the message?

• Sad 1

You see these Apple people are taking their time with the release of the Big Sur public beta, just to try and make it more difficult for us hackintoshers :wallbash:

11 minutes ago, Takiller said:

You see these Apple people are taking their time with the release of the Big Sur public beta, just to try and make it more difficult for us hackintoshers :wallbash:

And where did you get that bit of information from please tell. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:

And where did you get that bit of information from please tell. :rolleyes:

It is just my gut feeling and I so hope it is wrong 

8 minutes ago, Takiller said:

It is just my gut feeling and I so hope it is wrong 

Gut feeling! Ok - Well Big Sur came out not long ago so with the way Apple released this OS is inline with previous releases so you can be rest assured it's has nothing to do with thwarting hackintoshers. You do realise we are also among the biggest testers for their OSs whether they admit it or not so ignore your gut feeling and wait for the Public Beta. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Gut feeling! Ok - Well Big Sur came out not long ago so with the way Apple released this OS is inline with previous releases so you can be rest assured it's has nothing to do with thwarting hackintoshers. You do realise we are also among the biggest testers for their OSs whether they admit it or not so ignore your gut feeling and wait for the Public Beta. :thumbsup_anim:

I hope it will come with the bluetooth fix for audio and also  a fix for audio device selection within the music app. :yes:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lottenow said:

Would you be able to sum up what options you tried?

So I can try and go by exclusion on my machine with your tests and see if I can get a positive result.

Thanks!

I have tried just about every possible configuration of OC and Clover.  With both bootloaders, I can boot to the USB installer or to a USB hard drive with an installation of Big Sur on it (made on a real Mac).  No matter what configuration I use, or what drivers I use or what kexts I use, or what DSDT/SSDT I use, I cannot get any of the plugins for IOAHCIFamily.kext to work. (I have a DVD drive on my laptop so both SATA and ATAPI devices cannot be read). At this point, I am thinking that the issue may likely be the BIOS on my HP laptop.  It cannot be configured and all advanced options are locked. However, SATA is set to AHCI so it should work.  I am at a loss to understand what to do next.

P.S. I took out my SATA hard drive and slipped it into a USB adapter and was able to install Big Sur on it. I then put it back into the SATA slot in the laptop and it could no longer be located when booting up.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I'm trying to make a fresh installation of Big Sur and...apparently I can't. It always reboots (looks like it's around the ramrod section). For what I could see online, you're supposed to either use VirtualSMC with boot-arg vsmcgen=1, oor use FakeSMC instead. Well, I tried both, including building Lilu + VirtualSMC from source. Nothing seems to work.

I didn't follow this thread from the beginning, so if this has been discussed before, and if that fix still works with Beta 2, could you, please, help me with a link?

Apparently starting the installation from Big Sur itself doesn't work (error: "Current device configuration and target is invalid for install in the current state. Please try again.") and installation from a USB drive doesn't work either (reboot). The only method that worked for me so far is installing it over Catalina. But that's not a clean install.

So...any idea? Am I missing something? I'm using OC 0.6.0 (built from sources).

Edited by arsradu
  • Sad 1