@mnfesq: Hey, thanks for your sum up.

So, here is what I have tried so far:

Spoiler

1) Using SATA-100-unsupported.kext only

2) Using SATA-unsupported.kext only

3) Injecting pci8086,a103 under DeviceProperty

4) Both 3) + 1) and 3) + 2)

5) Booting without any SATA-related kext or property

6) Injecting solely pci8086,a102 (SkyLake spoof)

7) Injecting solely pci8086,9d03 (Laptop spoof)

None of the above seems to be working for me. I asked for more support from the OpenCore team on GitHub, but I do not have the required expertise to continue with what they are asking.

What SATA controller does your machine have? You can find this in Windows > Device Manager or under macOS using Hackintool, PCIE list. It contains both the Device Path (PciRoot...) and the Property Name (pci8086,a103 in my case).

Could it be that the APFS volume is somewhat sealed and therefore cannot be read by OC?

I think the problem lies with OpenCore as I cannot boot in Catalina with the latest commits using the same configuration as for Big Sur. I have to use a different OC configuration for Catalina. Again, I do not have the required knowledge to debug this.

Let me know your thoughts!

@lottenow and @PC IT: I have the Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller (pci8086,9d03) (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)).  This is the controller for both my SATA drives (HDD and M.2-SSD) and my ATAPI drive (DVD).  None of these drives can be detected when trying to boot to Big Sur.

At times, I will get boot messages that say that Serial ATAPI drive could not be properly configured and, after 3 of these messages, it will say that Serial ATAPI did not respond and the operation is terminated.  Sometimes, I will get a message that an HDD could not be read after 5 tries and that operation is terminated.  Sometimes, I do not get these messages but the boot process stalls with the last boot message saying something about AppleIntelPCHSeries, which is the name of the AHCI controller.

I do not believe it is related to an APFS volume because I have a HDD with an APFS volume but it also has a regular GUID partition that is formatted in HFS+ and that cannot be read/initialized either. I am advised that my SATA controller should work OOB so I don't think that device id injection will solve anything.  I'm also unsure of what options to include in any SSDT patch for the SATA controller other than compatible ids.  

I'm taking a break from this for a while because I spent way too much of my work time trying to solve this problem.  Please let me know if you have any breakthroughs.  Also, see if you can capture @MaLd0n's interest in this issue.  We may not have the collective expertise alone to resolve this.

• Like 1

I successfully got Big Sur to install with the new Clover 5120, but when I boot now it goes to a black screen instead of the apple logo and then the desktop.  It's all black.  I have a Saphire Pulse RX580 8GB, anyone get that working with Big Sur yet?  I have agdpmod=pikeralpha configure in the config.plist.  Had it there since Catalina.

Any help would be appreciated

John

EFI.zip

Edited by norton287
Attach EFI Folder

1 hour ago, mnfesq said:

@lottenow and @PC IT: I have the Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller (pci8086,9d03) (PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x17,0x0)).  This is the controller for both my SATA drives (HDD and M.2-SSD) and my ATAPI drive (DVD).  None of these drives can be detected when trying to boot to Big Sur.

At times, I will get boot messages that say that Serial ATAPI drive could not be properly configured and, after 3 of these messages, it will say that Serial ATAPI did not respond and the operation is terminated.  Sometimes, I will get a message that an HDD could not be read after 5 tries and that operation is terminated.  Sometimes, I do not get these messages but the boot process stalls with the last boot message saying something about AppleIntelPCHSeries, which is the name of the AHCI controller.

I do not believe it is related to an APFS volume because I have a HDD with an APFS volume but it also has a regular GUID partition that is formatted in HFS+ and that cannot be read/initialized either. I am advised that my SATA controller should work OOB so I don't think that device id injection will solve anything.  I'm also unsure of what options to include in any SSDT patch for the SATA controller other than compatible ids.  

I'm taking a break from this for a while because I spent way too much of my work time trying to solve this problem.  Please let me know if you have any breakthroughs.  Also, see if you can capture @MaLd0n's interest in this issue.  We may not have the collective expertise alone to resolve this.

format and try usb bootable with MBR

mine is working Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller (pci8086,9d03)

repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 300Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/install_osx

i attached my Patched DSDT and config

Compare your DSDT

DSDT-Config.zip

• Like 1

Hey guys, wanted to ask, does  Big Sur installer (DP2) can be booted on Laptop now with latest opencore and kext ? i've tried booting and always stuck at gIOLockscren smt smt. 

here i attached my EFI, please take a look at it and maybe you guys can see what might be wrong.

Thanks

Spoiler

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.be54366e2b1ee3f891047fe14f43e287.jpg

EFI.zip

28 minutes ago, aziiz3 said:

Hey guys, wanted to ask, does  Big Sur installer (DP2) can be booted on Laptop now with latest opencore and kext ? i've tried booting and always stuck at gIOLockscren smt smt. 

here i attached my EFI, please take a look at it and maybe you guys can see what might be wrong.

Thanks

Hide contents

IMG_0467.thumb.jpg.be54366e2b1ee3f891047fe14f43e287.jpg

EFI.zip

This screen is not gIOLockscren screen

when see again the gIOLockscren use -wegnoegpu boot flag.

Yours EFI is a "scary" EFI, better to talk with @MaLd0n to fix for you a DSDT

kexts use ONLY the absolutely necessary  on this phase.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

format and try usb bootable with MBR

mine is working Sunrise Point-LP SATA Controller (pci8086,9d03)

repartition /dev/disk1 MBR, two partitions
# first partition, "CLOVER EFI" FAT32, 200MiB
# second partition, "install_osx", HFS+J, remainder

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk3 2 MBR FAT32 "CLOVER EFI" 300Mi HFS+J "install_osx" R

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/install_osx

i attached my Patched DSDT and config

Compare your DSDT

DSDT-Config.zip

I tried as you suggested and while I was able to make a bootable USB drive following your instructions (thank you), it didn't solve the problem of not being able to detect SATA/ATAPI drives.  It did, however, slow down the boot process and I was able to see that long before I saw the messages about not being able to reconfigure my ATAPI drive or SATA not being able to see HDD after 5 tries, I got a boot message (2x) saying "couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI".  I'll be researching that for new ideas.

7 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I tried as you suggested and while I was able to make a bootable USB drive following your instructions (thank you), it didn't solve the problem of not being able to detect SATA/ATAPI drives.  It did, however, slow down the boot process and I was able to see that long before I saw the messages about not being able to reconfigure my ATAPI drive or SATA not being able to see HDD after 5 tries, I got a boot message (2x) saying "couldn't alloc class "AppleIntelPchSeriesAHCI".  I'll be researching that for new ideas.

i think that this is bug of Big Sur with Intel 100 series chipset controller

look at differences bitween Catalina and Big Sur

Big Sur shows Generic AHCI Controller

Spoiler

1412868633_ScreenShot2020-07-21at2_20_22AM.jpg.1f082f34d794e0d021b16968b2f2ba2f.jpg

Catalina shows Intel 10 series chipset

Spoiler

1063881811_ScreenShot2020-07-21at1_52_30AM.jpg.3fe5b2114a762a34a0a09491a00682a8.jpg

we hope that Apple will be fixed in next release of Big Sur

2 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

This screen is not gIOLockscren screen

when see again the gIOLockscren use -wegnoegpu boot flag.

Yours EFI is a "scary" EFI, better to talk with @MaLd0n to fix for you a DSDT

kexts use ONLY the absolutely necessary  on this phase.. 

I'll DM him, and by "scary" can you tell more about it ?

i declare -wegnoegpu using disable-external-gpu under Device Properties ? It's the same thing right ?

and yes, i've tried using minimal kext like applealc, lilu, vsmc and weg. It still stuck on gIOLockscreen.

3 hours ago, aziiz3 said:

I'll DM him, and by "scary" can you tell more about it ?

i declare -wegnoegpu using disable-external-gpu under Device Properties ? It's the same thing right ?

and yes, i've tried using minimal kext like applealc, lilu, vsmc and weg. It still stuck on gIOLockscreen.

Sorry about my english is plain.. Scary i mean very complicate,.with to many SSDT,for sure u need a DSDT..

For example i upload my success oc from my MSI laptop with the same CPU i7-9750H

I hope it helps you..

OC.zip

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

i think that this is bug of Big Sur with Intel 100 series chipset controller

look at differences bitween Catalina and Big Sur

Big Sur shows Generic AHCI Controller

Hide contents

1412868633_ScreenShot2020-07-21at2_20_22AM.jpg.1f082f34d794e0d021b16968b2f2ba2f.jpg

Catalina shows Intel 10 series chipset

Hide contents

1063881811_ScreenShot2020-07-21at1_52_30AM.jpg.3fe5b2114a762a34a0a09491a00682a8.jpg

we hope that Apple will be fixed in next release of Big Sur

I agree. It is either this or OC. Most likely a bug.

Would it be too big to ask for a copy of the kext from Big Sur so I can compare it to Catalina? You could zip it and attach it or PM it to me.

Also, what is your Device Path and Ioreg Path name for the Sata controller under both Big Sur and Catalina? You can check this from Hackintool > PCIe.

Thanks @ameenjuz!

Edited by lottenow
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mnfesq said:

i think i have the same exact sata controller as yours, if that information helps. i tried booting with clover v. 5120 but i get the same exact problems that i get with OC. i can boot to the installer like OC, but i still can't see all my internal drives even with using clover, but it boots catalina perfectly like OC.

pcidevices.txt

clover 5120 config.zip

Edited by hohoho

@meaganmargaret 

Hi

i try again and work

1. first phase: boot from installer and i selected my disk named "test" for installation
  2. after reboot, boot from installer again and open terminal window
Spoiler

Schermata 2020-07-21 alle 07.16.24.png

i checked and UpdateOption.plist is present in "macoOS install data" folder

i try set to true/false and again true

always worked

6 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

The error said at first, file does not exist, then file not found.

I don't know exactly but maybe the possible causes are:

1. you got the wrong command
    2. the plist was not present

hello
    just like @mnfesq @lottenow @hohoho, I have issues with detecting my ssd storage from big sur installer. in my case its a pci8086,a103.
    guys, did you found a solution for that? or we could try to use IOAHCIFamily.kext from Catalina?

Edited by MICKHAEL

4 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

Sorry about my english is plain.. Scary i mean very complicate,.with to many SSDT,for sure u need a DSDT..

For example i upload my success oc from my MSI laptop with the same CPU i7-9750H

I hope it helps you..

OC.zip

your english is fine, maybe better be blunt rather quoting scary :D

well i thought it's better hotpatching SSDT rather than using a single DSDT, incase there will be a bios update or hardware change. so you could boot bigsur installer ?

you are using smbios MBP15,2 rather than MBP16,1 for 9th gen any reason ? MBP15,2 supposed for 8th gen intel?

and how about this boot flag agdpmod=vit9696 ? doesn't it for a pc ?

Edited by aziiz3
    • Like 1

15 minutes ago, aziiz3 said:

your english is fine, maybe better be blunt rather quoting scary :D

well i thought it's better hotpatching SSDT rather than using a single DSDT, incase there will be a bios update or hardware change. so you could boot bigsur installer ?

Yeap for me it is absolutely necessary a DSDT to take boot on a Laptop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MICKHAEL said:

hello
    just like @mnfesq @lottenow @hohoho, I have issues with detecting my ssd storage from big sur installer. in my case its a pci8086,a103.
    guys, did you found a solution for that? or we could try to use IOAHCIFamily.kext from Catalina?

I tried loading IOAHCIFamily.kext from Catalina with OC, but I could not boot as the IOAHCIFamily.kext is pre-loaded from Big Sur.

I do not know how to work around that... I think Clover might allow to block certain kexts from loading with KextsToPatch?

Is anyone able to upload/PM the IOAHCIFamily.kext from Big Sur? I would really appreciate it!

Edited by lottenow
    • Like 1

5 minutes ago, lottenow said:

I tried loading IOAHCIFamily.kext from Catalina with OC, but I could not boot as the IOAHCIFamily.kext is pre-loaded from Big Sur.

I do not know how to work around that... I think Clover might allow to block certain kexts from loading with KextsToPatch?

Is anyone able to upload/PM the IOAHCIFamily.kext from Big Sur? I would really appreciate it!

hi. sure https://www.dropbox.com/s/j9qcvcr2qa4vg8t/IOAHCIFamily.kext.zip?dl=0

the problem its bigger I think, clover are unable to patch preloaded kernel cache

Edited by MICKHAEL

10GB Ethenet card not work in MacOS Big Sur

Aquantia AQC107:

Name: ethernet

Type: Ethernet Controller

Driver Installed: Yes

MSI: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: J8B4@35,0,0

Vendor ID: 0x1d6a

Device ID: 0x07b1

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043

Subsystem ID: 0x8741

Revision ID: 0x0002

Link Width: x4

Link Speed: 8.0 GT/s

MacOS Big Sur

11.0 Beta (20A4300b

ethernet:

Type: Ethernet Controller

Driver Installed: No

MSI: No

Bus: PCI

Slot: J8B4@35,0,0

Vendor ID: 0x1d6a

Device ID: 0x07b1

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043

Subsystem ID: 0x8741

Revision ID: 0x0002

Link Width: x4

Link Speed: 8.0 GT/s

I managed to get all USB3 ports on my MSI X299 Tomahawk AC working via Clover. 

Following things are needed

1. Rehabman's USBInjectall.kext in Kexts/Other folder
    2. change EHC1 to EH01   45484331    45483031
    3. change EHC2 to EH02   45484332    45483032
    4. change XHCI to XHC     58484349    5848435F
    5. uia_exclude=HS01,HS02,HS07,HS08,HS13,USR1,USR2,SS01,SS02 (Boot Argument)

You can use Hackintool to check which ports you don't need and add to exclude list. The above exclude list works for my specific motherboard. But if you have MSI X299 board, you might need similar exclude list. Depending on which front header you have connected to front panel USB 3 ports. 

I tried the USB map approach but somehow it just doesn't work that well for me. I am fine with disabling non required ports.

Anyone managed to install Big Sur via Clover bootable USB? If I used OC 0.6.0, it messes up with my NVRAM and Windows Store loses offline game play permissions.

@meaganmargaret My random AQN107 works perfectly in Big Sur

Try this kext patch

• AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion       0F84B003 0000       660F1F44 0000

I have also managed to get my Intel AX200 m.2 card to work in Big Sur. Daily kext builds are available here

https://github.com/1hbb/OpenIntelWireless-Factory

For some GPL reasons the author didn't use Apple's close source IO80211Family but rather spoofed it into Ethernet, just like USB Wi-Fi cards. Make sure to install Heliport companion app to find wireless. We can't always have best things hehe.

Edited by d5aqoep

20 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

and doesn't apply after you've installed

exactly 

UpdateOptions.plist is created after first phase and it's located in /volumes/your_disk_name/"macOS Install Data"

3 minutes ago, gengik84 said:

exactly 

UpdateOptions.plist is create after first phase and it's located in /volumes/your_disk_name/"macOS Install Data"

but in this procedure after installation complete we cannot delete the snapshot 

it is just for disabling sealing

8 minutes ago, ameenjuz said:

but in this procedure after installation complete we cannot delete the snapshot 

it is just for disabling sealing

Do you have read my post?

mine is just a small addition to the @fusion71au information 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344428-pre-release-macos-big-sur/?do=findComment&comment=2730814