[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, ham4ever said:

yes thats true , but i have GTX 1070 thats only supported in High Sierra (UHD 630 doesn't work in High sierra ) , and i use UHD 630 in Big Sur and it needs to be patched, i know its a mess :hysterical:

When troubleshooting an issue, you want the least amount of changes to figure out the issue.

• Like 1

Does anyone has a working shikivga setting for an 9th gen Core + AMD RX 5700 card?

DRM videos does not work with iGPU enabled/disabled/spoofed to device-id 0x3e920003/GpuID 0x3e928086 - no video, just audio on offline DRM videos and error messages on streaming services. Offline/downloaded DRM videos do play audio and video with iGPU disabled; streaming services asks me to install Silverlight.

Spoiler

hquest@Alex-iMac Release % ./VDADecoderChecker

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

hquest@Alex-iMac Release % ioreg | grep IMEI

| |   +-o IMEI@16  <class IOPCIDevice, id 0x10000028d, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 11>

hquest@Alex-iMac Release % ioreg -l | grep platform-id

| |   | |   "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <0300923e>

@CMMChris @MacPato @Pavo (don't mind the tagging)

Edited by Alex HQuest

i get stuck after first phase during second phase the system ask for language and reboots like this:

Spoiler

29ACC705-947A-4E1E-9C44-D21E71546FCC.jpeg

Before language:

67D966DF-F5A8-4EFE-B47B-FCCE13C6F3A9.jpeg

This is my EFI (I'm new to OC but Catalina works ok)

EFI.zip

Edited by JahStories

Just now, JahStories said:

i get stuck after first phase during second phase the system ask for language and reboots like this:

Reveal hidden contents

29ACC705-947A-4E1E-9C44-D21E71546FCC.jpeg

I have the exact same problem. I've tried all the combinations that I can think off (beta1, beta 2, different OC builds, parameters and kexts combinations)  with no success so far.

Any hint to solve this problem is very welcome :)  

• Thanks 1

I finally managed to get macOS Big Sur Beta 2 installed through a USB.

The last time I reported a problem after stage 2 of the installation, my system went in through a reboot cycle because I had defined vsmcgen=1 as -vsmcgen=1

So, I wiped the target disk clean and started the install all over again but after correcting the boot-args to vsmcgen=1

This time the installation went through clean and smooth and finally was in the Big Sur screen for language selection.

I have everything working, Graphics both Radeon RX580 and the headless iGPU, audio, USB, WiFi and bluetooth.

So, persistence does pay off.

Not the last but the least, I cannot thank enough all the members/administrators of this community and the developers who have worked hard to ensure the Hackintosh community continues to survive.

Spoiler

1572430004_ScreenShot2020-07-08at5_09_47PM.thumb.png.ee017fdaf1c8831d4c34515521b4d889.pngScreen-Shot-2020-07-08-at-5_23.20-PM.thumb.jpg.8b1ba9f80d48992d58ed5a9a0e7c1b13.jpg760105911_ScreenShot2020-07-08at10_01_56PM.thumb.png.a43ce8b098f37fa794829d7a0b8488a4.png 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dvil said:

I have the exact same problem. I've tried all the combinations that I can think off (beta1, beta 2, different OC builds, parameters and kexts combinations)  with no success so far.

post yor config.plist

5 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

I have everything working, Graphics both Radeon RX580 and the headless iGPU, audio, USB, WiFi and bluetooth.

Does your system plays DRM content (Netflix/Prime Video/Apple TV+)? If so, which kext's and/or boot-args are you using?

Just now, Alex HQuest said:

Does your system plays DRM content (Netflix/Prime Video/Apple TV+)? If so, which kext's and/or boot-args are you using?

@Alex HQuest I have not tried that as I do not use any of them, but I do have Prime Video. Shall try and update you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Alex HQuest said:

@Alex HQuest I just checked out Prime Video and it works fine. No issues.

Here is the screenshot of my config.plist, it includes the kernel section to show you the kexts that I am loading and also the NVRAM section to see the boot-args for yourself if this helps.

If you are attempting to install from a USB, just ensure that you do the following in order

• RESET NVRAM
  • On reboot Select the boot device as OPENCORE
  • Now choose macOS BETA INSTALL

I trust things will go smooth.

Spoiler

1002798283_ScreenShot2020-07-08at10_19_12PM.thumb.png.19f1809be7775d83194e99ccd45711a2.png

Edited by manmo71
Some additional info
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, dvil said:

I was having that problem. what i did was populate all the platform info on config.plist (including firmware features  etc as in samplefull.plist when you download opencore release). also i disable acpi patches that weren´t necessary on ACPI section in config.plist(  leaving only EC patch). After that dont boot macos installer partiton if you have it, boot the usb installer and reinstall from it again then if that is sucessful boot the macos installer partion and let it do its thing it will reboot sometimes if it works.

Give it a try.

36 minutes ago, manmo71 said:

@Alex HQuest I just checked out Prime Video and it works fine. No issues.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended changing my model from iMac19,2 to iMacPro1,1. Read on a translated place things work better with this model instead, and hey presto, works first time.

• Like 1

hello, installation of BigSur Beta Dev 1 and 2 from a USB installer.

- the first part passes (3 minutes) restarts, part 2 (29 minutes stays for a long time in "less than 1 minute") then restarts and then we have the problem !!! impossible to enter from that state 3!

IMG_20200708_220320.thumb.jpg.02b3d4c93099a8b2272cdc9a1d701ae2.jpg

I've tested everything between the latest kext and the last OpenCore but nothing works!

I tested both on the Broadwell HP EliteBook 820 G2 intel core i5-5300U hd 5500 chip = USB error but with the restoration of the image dmg to the HDD the OpenCore Boot works on BigSur and also on Catalina!

tested on HP Probook 430 G2 intel i3-5010U HD5500 same result as the first one (boot OK with BigSur restored from an image dmg and on Catalina this is also OK)

lastly tested also on the ivy bridge Dell Vostro 2520 intel i3-3110M HD4000

in this I go further with all the steps but at the second reboot (after installation) it simply gives me a display and reboot error

I haven't seen anyone anywhere that has successfully installed one of these chips

any tips or even resolution, opinions to be able to test I will be willing to do it; sure already for me and other community

thank you all

sorry my weak english because i am using google translator,

Languages I know Portuguese and Français

Spoiler

@pg7 add in boot-args vsmcgen=1

If you are attempting to install from a USB, just ensure that you do the following in order

• RESET NVRAM
  • On reboot Select the boot device as OPENCORE
  • Now choose macOS BETA INSTALL

Try a fresh install again. I too was stuck like you, finally got it to work....

Edited by manmo71

10 minutes ago, Andrey1970 said:

vsmcgen=1 not needed with last Lilu from the master.

Thanks for the update. Building the new one right away.

When I try to build WEG, it builds resource converter. What am I possibly doing wrong here?

Edited by dannyboy9
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, manmo71 said:
  Révéler le contenu caché

@ pg7ajouter dans boot-args vsmcgen = 1

Si vous essayez d'installer à partir d'une clé USB, assurez-vous simplement de faire ce qui suit pour

• RÉINITIALISER LA NVRAM
  • Au redémarrage Sélectionnez le périphérique de démarrage comme OPENCORE
  • Maintenant, choisissez macOS BETA INSTALL

Essayez à nouveau une nouvelle installation. Moi aussi j'étais coincé comme vous, enfin ça a fonctionné ....

4 Install = Probleme idem BigSur DEV Beta 1 & BigSur DEV Beta 2 Idem .... 

I'm back with a fresh install 5 reboot's and it's done... grabbed a copy of macOS Big Sur Beta 2 with the script from @crazybirdy, and tried to install that, but no dice...

Then removed one of my ssds from my hack and grabbed an EFI from Olarila made by @MaLd0n and booted from it.

At this moment I'm writing this from my new install... 

Many thanks to both, and to all that contribute and work for the community...

PS: As you can see in the photo below, I'm now an iMac Pro...

Captura de ecrã 2020-07-08, às 22.43.18.png

• Like 3