[pre-release] macOS Big Sur

3,698 posts in this topic

trying to install BS beta1 on usb stick.  have vsmcgen=1 and disabled nvram entries;  cannot get past first step of installation; system goes back to original boot picker menu showing only installation drive and no intermediates.

19 minutes ago, DarkNeptune0 said:

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20200707_181957_compress84.thumb.jpg.f4fc855177e7da84409a0e462448c8ac.jpg

Try use -igfxvesa -lilucpu=8 dart0= rootless=0 vsmcgen=1 -lilubetaall keepsyms=1 -v

My Lenovo is from signature E470 Thinkpad

The same EFI install maybe not work properly for boot normal. 

Captura de Tela 2020-07-07 às 20.52.40.png

Edited by Max.1974

Ok I got there!!!!! - This is how I got past the contant reboots trying to upgrade to Beta 2- I used Crazybirdy's 'InstallScript_1016 full app' to download Beta 2 (Took approx 30 mins and places it on the desktop). After the download finished, I clicked on it and installed it directly over Beta 1 and the magic started. At times it looked like it was hanging but I let it do it's thing and after 4 reboots it went to the desktop :thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 00.53.28.png

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I am hoping Beta 2 reduces the "ghosting" i am getting when downloading.

This gets left on my screen when downloading with Chrome.

Graphics doesn't appear to be the issue.

Hide contents

Try not authorized chrome use your Bluetooth when install it... or not install it :drool:

44 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What does everyone's update settings look like in Big Sur?
The update is not showing for me.

Reveal hidden contents

1542214023_ScreenShot2020-07-08at9_14_20am.png.ce93107d57c93923f2f3c0a6f95dca99.png

I'm curious about this "Train" feature. I know Windows 10 uses the term "Ring", for Fast Ring/Slow Ring on public betas, and some other "rings" for their internal dev team. This IMHO might be a counterpart for the macOS team.

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCustomac said:

Nice! I also have Designare. would you be able to share your EFI? Thanks.

Here. Folder for Skylake+. in some cases need change things in Booter Quirks

EFI BigSur Skylake+.zip

Some observations

Boot from USB / Disable booter-fileset-kernel and booter-fileset-basesystem

Boot from SSD / Enable these options if need

Work in beta 2 too

Create your USB stick with createinstallmedia and paste this EFI folder into EFI partition, reboot, Reset Nvram

• Like 12

I tried updating directly from Beta 1, and I stuck at “forcing cs runtime for entitlement com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices” while booting the beta 2 installer. Any idea? 
macOS 10.15.5 and 11.0 B1 works fine, and I can also boot into macOS 10.15.5 recovery. 

Edited by Happymax1212

9 minutes ago, eSaF said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hey Everybody Sir MaLd0n in da house!!!!!!:thumbsup_anim:

Hey, my friend!!! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happymax1212 said:

I tried updating directly from Beta 1, and I stuck at “forcing cs runtime for entitlement com.apple.rootless.restricted-block-devices” while booting the beta 2 installer. Any idea? 
macOS 10.15.5 and 11.0 B1 works fine, and I can also boot into macOS 10.15.5 recovery. 

yout just need wait some time in this freeze

• Like 2

I’ve built a USB installer with BS b2, and no matter which SMC I use (VirtualSMC with or without boot flag vsmcver=1, 2 or 3; RehabMan’s FakeSMC; or Slice’s FakeSMC3), resetting NVRAM (either via OC “Reset NVRAM” option or Clover’s F11 key), I still get the SIGABRT errors. Last OC built from sources of July 7 around 8PM EDT. This is annoyingly disappointing :(

Catalina used to boot just fine until it was wiped for a VM based DMG image; BS b1 boots just fine, but I cannot upgrade to b2.

Any more ideas?

Edited by Alex HQuest
  • Sad 1