[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

hi...

I`m waiting too...downloaded  the beta.app and waiting for a new clover..

@chris1111..I`m betting on your clover special edition... and MaLdOn...clover folder...

all looking for a solution for big sur as a vacine to corona...

hackintosh will be the blue ribbon..and vacines hope sooner

c.frio

• Like 1

I utilized my MBP and an external drive to install the OS. Using my OC 5.9 Catalina EFI with the Config.plist updates from below. I have been able to get past the  verbose mode and when teh system get to the apple logo to boot. It Fails. So we are getting closer. :) 

disabled AvoidRuntimeDefrag in Booter->Quirks,  and added -lilubetaall to the boot arguments 

So.... I used my MBP and installed to external drive, moved external drive to hack and booted with the above changes to the config.plist for OpenCore, now just have to figure outlaw to clone the external drive to internal drive.

• Like 1

Swapped my MBP 8,1 High Sierra PlatformSupport.plist and booted the Installer, Yay, now to get it to actually install, comes up with error no matter what format the disk is.

33 minutes ago, Pavo said:

So.... I used my MBP and installed to external drive, moved external drive to hack and booted with the above changes to the config.plist for OpenCore, now just have to figure outlaw to clone the external drive to internal drive.

Yeah VM, Proxmox/Unraid works already. my system has had it on there since this morning. Bare Metal is the issue and the SMBIOS information is broken on proxmox. it seems it's all injects via some update partition with a nvram.plist in it now.

or probably didn't inject it properly. who knows lol

Edited by MacPato

On 6/24/2020 at 10:39 PM, Cyberdevs said:

I'm getting stuck here on my Haswell rig:

Seems like it's waiting after your install medium (see the Waiting on... Line). Maybe you've been using USB fixes kexts, and these aren't loaded by the installer as it seems Opencore cannot inject kexts with Big Sur yet. Your best bet would be to first fix your USB without using kexts (using SSDTs)

In my rig I've been able to boot the installer, format my drive, and start the installation, but it doesn't waits for the 3-4 minutes to copy the installer on the drive, it reboots when there are 2 minutes left, and then, it loops booting the installer, starting to update, reboots and so on. I'm currently trying to install macOS 11 from my BigSur-updated MacBook to then put the drive back in my desktop, but it takes a while to install

24 minutes ago, deke said:

Seems like it's waiting after your install medium (see the Waiting on... Line). Maybe you've been using USB fixes kexts, and these aren't loaded by the installer as it seems Opencore cannot inject kexts with Big Sur yet. Your best bet would be to first fix your USB without using kexts (using SSDTs)

In my rig I've been able to boot the installer, format my drive, and start the installation, but it doesn't waits for the 3-4 minutes to copy the installer on the drive, it reboots when there are 2 minutes left, and then, it loops booting the installer, starting to update, reboots and so on. I'm currently trying to install macOS 11 from my BigSur-updated MacBook to then put the drive back in my desktop, but it takes a while to install

No I don't think that's the issue, because the same thing happens with the custom SSDTs.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beppe03 said:

I was stuck here too, I fixed enabling ReleaseUSBOwnership in UEFI 

Yeah it passes the point an now waiting on the purple lines to go away :hysterical: and see what happens next.

P.S.

Now it's just a black screen.

On 6/25/2020 at 12:47 AM, Beppe03 said:

Yes, you need to disable AvoidRuntimeDefrag on Booter

On 6/25/2020 at 12:46 AM, manmo71 said:

AvoidRuntimeDefrag -> False (if you are on OC. It might go further...

I am on Clover

On 6/25/2020 at 12:49 AM, manmo71 said:

On my system, I get upto this point after disabling AvoidRuntimeDefrag -> False.

Then it just remains on a blank screen....

Your screen goes blank because the video drivers loaded but your video is not correctly configured.  Check your graphics settings and make sure you have the most current Lilu+WEG.  If the screen just remains as you have it in your photo, then the video drivers have not loaded and I can't say what is causing that for you.