[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Your screen goes blank because the video drivers loaded but your video is not correctly configured.  Check your graphics settings and make sure you have the most current Lilu+WEG.  If the screen just remains as you have it in your photo, then the video drivers have not loaded and I can't say what is causing that for you.
My EFI is from my working macOS Catalina 10.15.5 running OC 0.5.9 which works perfectly and has all the latest kexts. In any case, I shall check, thank you for that tip.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Your screen goes blank because the video drivers loaded but your video is not correctly configured.  Check your graphics settings and make sure you have the most current Lilu+WEG.  If the screen just remains as you have it in your photo, then the video drivers have not loaded and I can't say what is causing that for you.

I have checked my kexts and all of them are the latest.

I am running OC 0.5.9 (works perfectly on Catalina 10.15.5)

Not sure why it stays on the blank screen if the drivers are being loaded. I am running the system with iGPU in  headless mode and DGPU is a Sapphire RX580 connected through a DP port.

As an attempt to try and see if I can get a little closer to booting the Big Sur install I decided to give OC a try, wow thats a pretty big config compared to clover, powerful yet quite a bit to go through. 

Anyone with a Haswell desktop machine that would kindly share the file config.plist? 

It would definitely be easier to merge over my Clover config to an OC config file similar to my setup.

Thank you!

Edited by Common_Sense

installed on Proxmox/trx40

for now it is not booting

Opencore sees a preboot disk and a recovery disk, then kp from it

Clover sees macOS 11 disk but it hangs on end seed step

1409618144_ScreenShot2020-06-24at23_14_01.thumb.png.ba2c364e4133efadd1b7460eaa976128.png

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Zia said:

PLEASE NEED YOUR EFI PLEASE

It boots, but it says upgrading and then reboots. I'm stuck :\

Tomorrow I'll upload my efi, where i live is very late

Edited by Beppe03

4 minutes ago, Zia said:

I am stuck at EB#LOG:EXITBS:START in both clover and opencore

Me too :( I’m using the EFI file that I use for Catalina. (Clover latest version)

OpenCore 0.6.0, all new config.plist with all last revisions from all the kexts with the changes mentioned in this thread, and nothing it boots the apple logo and stays there, and the light from my USB key at first flashes but suddenly stops and stays off...

Edited by MorenoAv

Just now, MorenoAv said:

OpenCore 0.6.0, all new config.plist, and nothing it boots the apple logo and stays there, and the light from my USB key at first flashes but suddenly stops and stays off...

Have you tried booting in verbose? (-v) <-boot flag.

So we can see what the error is

1 hour ago, manmo71 said:

1658539477_ScreenShot2020-06-24at11_15_12PM.thumb.png.f6103990bdf2ebc728b1425bc1b3e0b0.png

AvoidRuntimeDefrag -> False (if you are on OC. It might go further...

9 minutes ago, Zia said:

I am stuck at EB#LOG:EXITBS:START in both clover and opencore

4 minutes ago, tore2003 said:

Me too :( I’m using the EFI file that I use for Catalina. (Clover latest version)

3 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

OpenCore 0.6.0, all new config.plist with all last revisions from all the kexts with the changes mentioned in this thread, and nothing it boots the apple logo and stays there, and the light from my USB key at first flashes but suddenly stops and stays off...

First quote is the solution

That flag don't work... it says OCB: StartImage Failed - Unsopported

Halting on Critical error

I have that quirck changed...

Edited by MorenoAv

On 6/24/2020 at 6:25 PM, Pavo said:

So I am getting this far on the installer by only using the apfs.efi drive from Big Sur. 

I modified the Big Sur Boot.efi using iHex to add the OpenCore and Acidanthera which allowed me to boot into Catalina.  before mod the 10.16 boot.efi would not work.    I was wondering which version of OC doesn't have the apfsautoloader/apfsruntime driver?   Are you using clover to load the apfs?   This is from OC 5.9 BOOTx86.efi.   It allowed me to boot into Catalina using OpenCore yesterday.

BOOTx64.efi modified 10.16.zip

Spoiler

9DEA6471-A395-4DE7-B431-2609DC8074B2_1_105_c.jpeg

I have just read something that might help developers it is todo with SMC my install stops at that point but here is a little more from somone else to who credit goes to

https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/52149.html

Coreboot's SMI handler responding to writes to an arbitrary IO port range. With some more fighting I was able to fake up responses to reads as well. And then I took qemu's SMC emulation driver and merged it into Coreboot's SMM code. Now, accesses to the IO port range that the SMC occupies on real hardware generate SMIs, trap into SMM on the CPU, run the emulation code, handle writes, fake up responses to reads and return control to the OS. From the OS's perspective, this is entirely invisible[5]. We've created hardware where none existed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gigamaxx said:

I modified the Big Sur Boot.efi using iHex to add the OpenCore and Acidanthera which allowed me to boot into Catalina.  before mod the 10.16 boot.efi would not work.    I was wondering which version of OC doesn't have the apfsautoloader/apfsruntime driver?   Are you using clover to load the apfs?   This is from OC 5.9 BOOTx86.efi.   It allowed me to boot into Catalina using OpenCore yesterday.

BOOTx64.efi modified 10.16.zip

I only use OpenCore and it gives the same error for both OpenCore 0.5.9 and 0.6.0.

• Like 1

Not suitable for average users yet. Basically:

• Like 1