[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Thank you Common_Sense, im use SWUSwitcher, but im want creat a usb, so im think after download from image, im will run this command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.16\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 11\ Beta.app

Im correctly? 

Thanks again!!! 

It should be:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

applicationpath is no longer needed.

EDIT: assuming your USB drive is namned Untitled of course, otherwise just change it accordingly.

Edited by Common_Sense
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

It should be:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

applicationpath is no longer needed.

EDIT: assuming your USB drive is namned Untitled of course, otherwise just change it accordingly.

Oh great, works!!! Yeah!!! We try install now!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

On 6/23/2020 at 11:00 AM, Common_Sense said:

Thanks for the info!

Does that mean that I have a brcm94360 and that it should work? Please see the screenshot below.

It looks like the BrcmNIC driver is loaded instead of Brcm4360.

So does this mean that my BCM943602BAED DW1830 will work as AirPortBrcmNIC is loaded instead of AirPortBrcm4360?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bc6da9a053e74821543d9a5fcb46b5c1.png

11 hours ago, Slice said:

Is there anybody can make a dump of failed installation process with this driver?

And yes, I want to see an attempt with latest Clover.

DumpUefiCalls.efi.zip

misc.zip

Here is the log from my x99 hackintosh

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Slice said:

1. I want Clover.

2. Look for a file /EFI/CLOVER/misc/EfiCalls.log

Is there anybody with real Mac can provide DarwinDumper report (yes, make it private!) with the new system?

This is my DarwinDumper from original MacBook late 2013. Enjoy...

DarwinDumper_3.1.1_2020.06.23_18.09.23_MacBookPro11,3_Apple_X64_Unknown_20A4299v_md.zip

Installed on Catalina 10.15.6beta2 through SoftwareUpdate

Edited by Mork vom Ork

On 6/23/2020 at 8:36 PM, Dreamwhite said:

So does this mean that my BCM943602BAED DW1830 will work as AirPortBrcmNIC is loaded instead of AirPortBrcm4360?

Yes it seems like AirPortBrcm4360 kext has beem removed while AirPortBrcmNIC kext still exists. Since you are using the kext file that still is present in Big Sur then you should be fine.

1 minute ago, Common_Sense said:

Yes it seems like AirPortBrcm4360 kext has beem removed while AirPortBrcmNIC kext still exists. Since you are using the kext file that still is present in Big Sur then you should be fine.

And in my case I have both being loaded (AirPortBrcm4360, AirPortBrcmNIC) with BCM94360CS2 ... I think I'm in trouble...

11 hours ago, Slice said:

1. I want Clover.

2. Look for a file /EFI/CLOVER/misc/EfiCalls.log

Is there anybody with real Mac can provide DarwinDumper report (yes, make it private!) with the new system?

DarwinDumper_3.1.1_2020.06.23_18.38.38_MacBookPro14,3_Apple_X64_Unknown_20A4299v_itztravelintime.zip

here the Darwin dumper folder from my 2017 15 inch Touch Bar MacBook Pro, I hope that this can help

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

I guess the 94360 ones are using the BrcmNIC driver which was introduced in High Sierra I believe, whereas the 4360 ones are using the brcm4360 driver which indeed is reported as being removed from the IO80211Family.kext plugins

Edit: My late 2012 mac mini seems to have the BCM94331PCIEBT3AX

Is there some python script that can run thru the Extensions dir and compare what drivers are added and removed? between these 2 versions,  and their Class (ethernet, sata, brand name, model etc)?

On 6/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, CMMChris said:

Anyone knows how to get rid of the Kexts loaded by Darwin Dumper in Big Sur? Rebuilding kext cache is not possible.

This is from kmutil

sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions

sudo kmutil install --update-all

sudo kcditto

• Like 3

Guest ricoc90
9 minutes ago, CMMChris said:

Anyone knows how to get rid of the Kexts loaded by Darwin Dumper in Big Sur? Rebuilding kext cache is not possible.

Try kmutil

Edit: Yeah, what @chris1111 said, lol

Edited by ricoc90

To clear things up, the issue currently as far as I can tell is that the prelinkedkernel is no longer made/copied and now boot.efi does all the work, so until opencore and clover can replicate that behavior of finding the prelinkedkernel we will either have to somehow make one and get it to boot, or wait for them to add that functionality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, IMS21 said:

To clear things up, the issue currently as far as I can tell is that the prelinkedkernel is no longer made/copied and now boot.efi does all the work, so until opencore and clover can replicate that behavior of finding the prelinkedkernel we will either have to somehow make one and get it to boot, or wait for them to add that functionality.

If that was the case, how come people on real MacPro5,1 can use OpenCore to install MacOS Big Sur without issue? I think its more related to SMC keys

• Like 3

The installer doesn't need SMC . The problem is boot.efi now does everything, and prelinked kernel is no longer being copied over, AvoidruntimeDefrag is also crashing the kernel. you can try to boot from a prelinked but doesn't boot past 2nd stage. so my guess is aptio related, as far as i know, OC should be fixed tomorrow from what i've been told and new versions of Lilu and VSmc will come with it. and of course we all will have to start using -lilubetaall again.

Edited by MacPato
  • Like 4

I would also state that MacPro5,1 doesn't require SMC, nor any type of BooterQuirk or MemoryAllocation Fix for it to boot, I installed macOS 11 on my MacPro with just a basic EFI no kexts or drivers and just with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. after the OS is installed, Opencore is no longer needed. All that is needed is the (no-compat-check bootarg) and works flawlessly now the wifi driver from catalina is ported over.

Edited by MacPato
typo
  • Like 1