New Ralink RT2500-USB Driver [a la Airport Driver] - V 1.5

Prasys

381 posts in this topic

Hi _Prasys_ and All,

I've been looking for the solution of WMP54G v.4.1 and I looked at the date to where you started fixing the drivers and its almost one year.. hehe.. I hope you still doing it.. We appreciate what you are doing.. Hope you we can hear from you soon..

Thanks! :)

The fix involves setting the new ethernet mac address to the one of the USB dongle. In my case, when I create a new ethernet address, it uses the MAC address of my internal wired ethermet and the Network ipreference utility won't allow me to change the MAC address in the Ethernet tab in advanced options.

EDIT:

I got it working like this (Leo):

Make your wired ethernet inactive from Network pref pane (press apply)

in a terminal window: sudo ifconfig en1 up

(en1 is my wifi)

Create another ethernet interface (Chose the second ethernet in the drop down menu)

Click apply and you should get an Ip address assigned tp yor wifi

Good luck!

Hello All;

There is still an issue on my part the RT2500Replug doesnt work hahahahahaha i tried using the default setup from Prasys still same problem also I change PID and VID to point to my asus wl167 still dont work any idea?

see dmesg output

Initializing RT2500Replug res1 -- FR3068

RT2500Replug createWorkLoop 0x2f55300

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug Probing score 109000 - 109000 -- Is first Run (378) -- score 109000

RT2500Replug Starting 0x2848600 - result 1

RT2500Replug setTimeoutMS result 0

RT2500Replug timeoutOccurred

RT2500Replug rematching

RT2500Replug ReEnumerateDevice

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug Stopping

RT2500Replug Freeing remove Eventsource -

Initializing RT2500Replug res1 -- FR378

RT2500Replug createWorkLoop 0x2d926c0

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug Probing score 109000 - 109000 -- Is first Run (1678) -- score 109000

RT2500Replug Starting 0x2848600 - result 1

RT2500Replug setTimeoutMS result 0

RT2500Replug timeoutOccurred

RT2500Replug rematching

RT2500Replug ReEnumerateDevice

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug Stopping

Initializing RT2500Replug res1 -- FR1678

RT2500Replug createWorkLoop 0x284d1c0

RT2500Replug getWorkLoop

RT2500Replug Probing score 109000 - 109000 -- Is Run-No 2 -- score 100

RT2573USBWirelessDriver: Ethernet address 00:1d:60:65:77:75

Driver does not work in 10.5.1, it connects but gives no ip-address (kalyway).

However, when making network address MANUAL in stead of DHCP, it works.

DHCP works for me... Kalyway 10.5.1

the only thing that I had to do after installing the driver... was to add the new ethernet "tab" to my location in the network preferences beacuse it was not present there...

Not sure, but it seems I'm able now to have a stable WPA2-PSK connection between DWL-G122 and Asus router but... am I the only one who is not able to see shared folders on my LAN using wireless ?

No problems using wired ethernet, I can see Windows shared folder and my NAS, but using G122 I can't see nothing...

Max

Guest electro

a have wifi USB Gigabyte GN-WB01GS WLAN on chip RT2571 WF

more info product >> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Commun...x?ProductID=989

producent GIGABYTE don't have driver for my device

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Communi...x?ProductID=989

I'm because install driver for mac osx "USB (RT257x/RT2671 for OS 10.3/10.4 ver. RT2571W :1.1.7.0 )"

from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

RTUSB%20D70-1.1.3.0%20D71W-1.1.7.0%20UI-1.3.0.0_2006_11_10.dmg

"System Requirement:

Mac OS X 10.3.X or 10.4.X

Hardware Supported:

Ralink RT71W chipset USB NIC

Ralink RT70 chipset USB NIC

Software Supported:

For Mac OS X 10.4.X:

USBWireless-10.4\USBWireless-Tiger.pkg"

more info to pdf http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/Software..._2006_11_10.pdf

and not woks on Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD

to "Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 AMD" new add suport :

# WiFi : Ralink RT73 and RT2500

Leopard see me of my USB device's :

producent : "Ralink"

PID : "0x8008"

VID : "0x1044"

>>> Please help me! <<<<<

HOLY {censored}!! FINALLY! I have a 100% working hackintosh!!!! Thank you for your work on this soooo much. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105. I just went out and bought a Linksys WUSB54GC today. It works perfectly with these drivers! I couldn't be happier! Fricken awesome work. WPA works with DHCP. Awesome job and thanks again!

Thanks for making it possible to use the WUSB54G. Got it working however after adding a profile for my AP, I'm not able to launch the utility anymore, it will just launch and stopped responding. It can only connect to the AP that I have configured in the profile. Any idea how do I remove the profile to get the utility working?

does anyone else get kernel panics using this in 10.5.1 kalyway? sometimes i can go for 2 days with nothing.. works fine, then sometimes, once every hour or so, bang, kernel panic. but it isnt being written into a panic.log ???

hardware - ga-p35-ds3p, e2160, dwl-g122, 2gb ram

I have the same problem. BadAxe2, Kalyway 10.5.1, dwl-g122.

Giving up on this and are looking for another 100% compatible adapter, anyone got a good tip ? Any pci-card that works ?

I've installed version 1.2 & 1.5 of prasys app. I've done the disk permissions repairing and deleted the Extensions.mkext, then rebooted both times.

Now, if I start the app it's possible for me to start the app and get a connection to the router. My D-Link DWL-G122 is also listed correctly under the system profiler to 100%.

When I start Safari, there is no connection to the internet. If I then start the network diagnostics, nothing is listed. all bulbs are red.

Under networks in the system preferences there is only the internal modem and ethernet listed. Firewire connection disappear after the prasys app was started.

WTF? How do I get connected to the internet? Have I forgot something?

I'm running Kalyway 10.5.1 on the hardware from my signature.

There are some problems with the repairing of the system permissions. Here is the text from the disk utility:

Last login: Thu Feb 28 14:20:49 on console

steve-wozniaks-mac-pro:~ woz$ sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Password:

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s1 Leo

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired

Permissions differ on "usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x

Permissions differ on "usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.2.0.dylib", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x

[ + 0%..10%..20%..30%..40%..50%..60%..70%..80%..90%..100% ]

Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s1 Leo

steve-wozniaks-mac-pro:~ woz$

Anyone who could help me with this?

• 2 weeks later...