New Ralink RT2500-USB Driver [a la Airport Driver] - V 1.5

Prasys

381 posts in this topic

update... my noname USB adaptor (with Ralink 73 chipset) now seems to work.

After installing a few other apps. - I haven't seen any kernel panic on normal boot.

The replug fix works rather unreliably. (I know its not Prasys' work). I almost always have to replug.

@Nummon: have you tired unplugging the USB adaptor and replugging it?

I'm having the same problem, though the Utility worked at first until I applied the first load of Apple Updates. After the required reboot, I couldn't get my Linksys WUSB54GC adapter to be recognised by the utility, with the same result as Nummon. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging it, no difference.

The Network utility detects it as a second network interface, but the wireless GUI still says No Device...any ideas?

I tried that update and it didn't recognize my mini PCI ralink card. When I reinstalled the ralink driver it recognized the card and started working again. I still have the problem of a disconnection every once in a while, especially when leaving the computer for a few minutes. The network warning comes up regularly asking if I want to stay connected to the internet, but at least it works. I had installed the driver for the unplug problem for usb (which I don't think I need), but I'm not sure if that's the cause of the disconnections.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a Linksys WMP54G v4 PCI Wifi card. It works fine with the Ralink drivers (it has a RT2561 chip) but I would LOVE to use your tool ..cause the default tool is ugly and loads up each time i boot osx. What do you need from me?

I'm with this guy... whatever you need from me to get this to work cuz the default tool is quite ugly and I'm not even sure if I can close it without it disconnecting me...

wpa would be nice as well.

wmp54g v4 (pci)

thx alot for the progress so far (as well as everyone else on the site that has helped so much!)

Really nice to see such initiatives, making the good use of open source drivers and modding it.

I have got Asus WL-130g RT2500 PCI card, which works nicely on Linux, using serialmonkey driver and on Vista (i know, use it only for gaming) using the source driver from Ralink.

Wanted to know if using yours, or some other driver I can make it work on my AMD Leo 10.5.1. Especially interested to make it work in SoftAP mode.

Possibilities?

Nice work, Prasys.

I've got your GPL derived drivers and Replug package going on a Belkin F5D9050 USB wireless under OS X 10.5.1. Had to change the productID in both the driver and replug Info.plist. Plenty of information in the discussion here to get that done. And with a profile created using the USBWirelessUtility application, the connection is properly made only to my network and not the neighbor's.

However, the wireless connection is *only* established after logging in and starting the USBWirelessUtility application.

I want to run this Mac mini remotely and connect to it via Leopard Screen Sharing (AKA VNC).

What is needed is a command line tool (non-GUI) which can be placed in a start-up script of some sort to get the wireless connection established after the initial configuration has been performed.

*Is* a new tool needed? Have I overlooked something already present which will let me achieve this goal?

Hi, I'm a noob in this hackintosh stuff and I bought a CNet CWD-854 Wireless USB adapter, and still have some questions about this program:

I already installed the first file, repaired its permissions and erased the kext cache using the terminal, when I select reboot it says that the caches are being created because it can't restart without them, after rebooting, I install the other file but, do I have to repair its permissions and erase the kext cache again!?

When I plug my USB the program loads and I can see the available networks and I can connect to them also, but even tho I've connected it still says that I'm not connected to the internet when opening safari, also I entered system preferences/network/assistant and I can only select the three last options and when I open those, the window closes and it throws me some warning, someone knows what to do!?

Sorry if those are stupid questions but it's difficult to understand them for me heheh, thanks!

Nevermind it worked after plugging it in another usb port and returning it to the old one, weird hehe....

Now I have internet and all!!! :) a lot of thanks to the creator of this program, you made my day! :D

Just one minor question, does anyone know how can I see other PC's on my network!? I can see them when applying permissions for my file sharing and stuff but I can't see them when I select Network from the finder :S

I recommend assigning manual IPs when networking MACs and PCs.

Try loading FINDER and waiting a moment. Sometimes you will have to close finder and reopen it once or twice.

Eventually, you will see WORKGROUPS first, then MACHINES. You will greatly help yourself by getting a better practice at organizing your WINDOWS NETWORK. Right click MY COMPUTER and join them all on the same WORKGROUP. Name them something simple: DELL => DELL. HP -> HP.

Reboot them all and the router then boot the MAC.

If you're still having trouble with this {censored}, PM me. Also try not to ask support questions in a thread like this which is about a driver/package.

Firstly, thanks very much for these drivers, they work great.

I am having an issue getting the replug kext to work consistently. I get a No Device status after rebooting. For anyone else with this issue, instead of manually replugging or reinstalling the drivers you can boot with the -f flag to flush and reload the kext cache and the drivers load properly every time!

I hope this helps anyone with this issue and am interested if there is a solution that doesnt require the boot flag work around.

Specs: Broadcom 4318 internal usb in Everex Stepnote 2052T

That's right.

You simply have to type <string>-legacy -f</string> in the com.apple.Boot.plist and it will work everytime. Also in Leopard.

But there has to be another solution because it takes time to always rebuild the kext cache on every startup.

Can somebody help us?

After updating to 10.5.1 my device is no longer being recogniezed.....you guys happen to possibly know how i can fix it?

*nevermind, i guess i'll be stuck using the -legacy -f option* it works so owell