[pre-release] macOS Mojave

2,429 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

I finally install macOS 10.14 on second hard drive. :thumbsup_anim:  No sound!!!!

But I can't mounted EFI Partition from Mojave using Terminal. Any ideas, please

Capture d’écran 2018-06-05 à 16.25.29.png

Sudo diskutil mount disk#s# do andiskutil list first to see what ESP of what disk you want to mount, work fine here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wern apfel said:

If you do not have audio in Mojave, you probably use a layout that no longer exist. Since the layouts are hard-coded, you must use one of the remaining layouts see screenshot.

layouts_Mojave.png

How do you know which one to use?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pavo said:

How do you know which one to use?

Look at the screenshot!, you have to rebuild AppleALC with one of the existing layouts. For example 1, 3, 8, 9 will not work but 2,4,5,6,7,10.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, antoniooninato said:

try installing using APFS, I had an error message that I couldn't install Mac OS Mojave when I had the drive in hfs+ journaled format, once I formatted the drive in APFS the error went away and the installation was successful, I'm not saying that is your case but is worth a try, don't give up if you get one restart, try again, I know some systems that restart once but at the 2nd try the installation completes successfully, I don't know if it had to do something with not being able to install the firmware because is a PC and not a Mac and that why it restarts

I find a little bit suspicious that APFS now support mechanical drives and fusion drives, maybe apple just want the users to install Mac OS Mojave in APFS and they want to get rid of the old HFS+ FS

I am not giving it up, I just have another 8 hours of working before I can head home to continue poking this Project ;)

HBP

So I've got Mojave installed but I'm back to the days of 4mb of VRAM. I'm using the new clover, have applied the new patches and are using Lilu, IntelGrpahicsFixup and IntelDVMTPatch kexts. Solutions? Dark mode just doesn't look as good with 4mb of VRAM. Thanks

Managed to install Mojave DP1 for teh lulz on my X299 system. I did not need any USB port patch. All USB ports I need are working flawlessly. I used Clover r4515 posted few pages back and installed with OptioMemory.efi and bare minimum stuff in pure UEFI mode. I just copied over kexts and config.plist from my High Sierra 10.13.5 EFI folder.

Install was surprisingly drama free with success on 1st try. Nvidia drivers are stuck halfway with no acceleration and sound. But I can see that my 4K display is getting detected and I can change display arrangement. But kinda useless with slow GUI. Rest of the Broadcom Bluetooth + Wifi and Aquantia stuff working as intended.

Edited by d5aqoep

9 hours ago, gengik84 said:

1 hour ago, WarDoc said:

First Impressions of 10.14

Overview Of the new MacOS 10.14 IOS ported Apps

How to make a 10.14 Bootable USB

this pretty much covers 10.14 for me great beta so far 

19 hours ago, gengik84 said:

Thank you very much: i just downloaded MacOs Mojave beta in my mountain now : I can to try install it now : to be continued ...:happymac::)

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

If you do not have audio in Mojave, you probably use a layout that no longer exist. Since the layouts are hard-coded, you must use one of the remaining layouts see screenshot.

layouts_Mojave.png

That fixed it for me. Just switched from Layout ID 1 to Layout ID 2 in Config. That's all.

Thank you very much for the tip. :)

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wern apfel said:

Look at the screenshot!, you have to rebuild AppleALC with one of the existing layouts. For example 1, 3, 8, 9 will not work but 2,4,5,6,7,10.....

Actually, I didn't have to rebuild anything. :) Just switched from one Layout ID to another in Clover config ( and -alcbeta & -lilubeta). That's it.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Actually, I didn't have to rebuild anything. :) Just switched from one Layout ID to another in Clover config. That's it.

Did you just change inject 1 to 2 in clover config? It did not work here with ALC892

Screenshot 2018-06-05 at 20.05.40.png

14 minutes ago, WarDoc said:

what did you do to this clover its a mess for installing im going to avoid it do you have a clean clover without any junky mods?

Where is the problem?
it's a beta version... not the official release.

if clover on SF had been updated at that time .. I would have linked the official repo ... of course ...:P;)

Anyone interested --->> https://github.com/Dids/clover-builder/releases

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Kynyo said:

Not working on ozmosis, needs to be repatched, again.

Looks like @HBP didn't have issues with KextInjection so far?

@HBP Try to update the FirmwareFeatures (-Mask) in your Defaults.plist to the ones found in Mojave.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Actually, I didn't have to rebuild anything. :) Just switched from one Layout ID to another in Clover config ( and -alcbeta & -lilubeta). That's it.

Is your microphone port working? I actually just noticed it broke for me with the change :/

I can not do anything for another 6 hours, then I get to play with it again.  at that time I will look into FirmwareFeatures as well as seeing if I can remove or edit the BaseSystem.dmg approved system plist.

2 minutes ago, aytic said:

Is your microphone port working? I actually just noticed it broke for me with the change :/

I don't use an analog microphone, so...I have no idea if it works. If it doesn't for you, you can try another layout id.

20 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I don't use an analog microphone, so...I have no idea if it works. If it doesn't for you, you can try another layout id.

Yeah I figured that too. layout-id 3 worked just fine^^. Microphone seems to have many bugs though (Discord especially)