TINU: The bootable macOS installer creation tool - Mac app

ITzTravelInTime
390 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ronaldo9_r9 said:

Language is definitely blank. I have to keep changing language to englush in installer. When new update comes it just changes back to italian for some of the things in launchpad. Folder other text changes to Tolido or something and i had rename that. In finder tags are in italian. a71a20bbe0834f259d4624375d64ef68.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

this is very strange, i don't know why it does this, maybe there is something else wrong in your system configuration, and i ill also check for tinu, but for now you can try if it happens if you use an installer usb drive made with the terminal method, but i can guaratee that in the code used in tinu there isn't nothing which will force a specific language, so to find out why this happens we have only to make a lot of tests to check if it's tinu releated or system related and why it happens

this issue could also be related to your nvram settings, so reset your nvram and try to boot without the nvram clover driver to see if it does pick up englesh or other languages

• Like 1

this issue could also be related to your nvram settings, so reset your nvram and try to boot without the nvram clover driver to see if it does pick up englesh or other languages
Yeah I will report back tomorrow. I have a Ryzen system and recovery on that is english. I downloaded high sierra on that from app store and used TINU software. It could be nvram i just need to find out how to reset nvram.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronaldo9_r9 said:

Yeah I will report back tomorrow. I have a Ryzen system and recovery on that is english. I downloaded high sierra on that from app store and used TINU software. It could be nvram i just need to find out how to reset nvram.

but are you using an usb installer made with other methods for the ryzen system rigth? because normally installers made with tinu are restricted to the vanilla kernel, because tinu does use the command line method to create the usb installer, and then does only apply some few cosmetical customizations to create an usb installer with the default settings.

Terminal:

nvram -c

Clover Boot Screen: Windows+Alt+P+R

Also in the Gui on Config.plist set the Language to: en (to force use the English) 

58 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Terminal:

nvram -c

Clover Boot Screen: Windows+Alt+P+R

Also in the Gui on Config.plist set the Language to: en (to force use the English) 

Let me know if it will work

53 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

Let me know if it will work

I try Tinu Installer. On my system, It work like Vanilla macOS: "language chooser" screen at start.

Language string in config.plist seems to be only for clover help menu

PS: how to post image in new forum. Yandesk disk URL link don't work!!!!

screen.png

5 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

I try Tinu Installer. On my system, It work like Vanilla macOS: "language chooser" screen at start.

Language string in config.plist seems to be only for clover help menu

PS: how to post image in new forum. Yandesk disk URL link don't work!!!!

screen.png

language in the config.plist tells to the nvram to use a specific language like is done on a real mac, and also tinu uses the vanilla command line method so it's vanilla, if you do not belive me take a look at the source code in the github repo, specifically into the InstallingViewController.swift file.

To post images you have to attach them as files in your posts

27 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

language in the config.plist tells to the nvram to use a specific language like is done on a real mac, and also tinu uses the vanilla command line method so it's vanilla, if you do not belive me take a look at the source code in the github repo, specifically into the InstallingViewController.swift file.

I'm sorry for my deplorable english. I believe what you say of cause. For language string in config.plist, I just read clover wiki. Thanks for your excellent explanation, I don't know these details.
Edited by Matgen84

As i said in the earlier posts, i have installed high sierra using English from the language chooser, but if the same usb made and didn’t formated, next time when I’ll install high sierra again, no language chooser will be showed, because macOS installer saves some data in the EFI partition of that usb drive, regardless clover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a new pre-release shortly coming, here are some of the changements:

1ST screenshot, introduced a new button in the first screen of the app

2ND screenshot, the screen for choosing the usb drive, when no usb drives are detetcted, now has a new button that will take you to a new screen

3RD screenshot a new screen for the app, that will appear when you click on the new button showed in the 2ND screenshot, this new screen contains some info that could help you in case your usb drive is not detected by tinu and tinu by default does hides the boot drive entirely so on most machines with 1 drive ot will show that screen, for example , when no usb drives are plugged into the computer, but in case of multiple drives, it will detect them too (the boot drive will be always hidden), but i will find way to include an info button somehere to let you see all those tricks and tips or to let you see all the drives in tinu, but to have some of them marked as not usable with tinu, because they do not satisfy the requirements, it's a thing i still have to decide

4TH screenshot, i have slightly modified the final screen of the app

5TH screenshot, you can see that i have used a new icon for the final screen in case of failure, which is more coherent with all the other icons, and remeber that in case of any error or failure tinu will let you know instaead of being locked or blocked in stange loops, even if it takes it does works during that time

6TH screenshot, new icon for the notifications as well in case of failure, and when the tinu process ends it will always send you a notification

there are slso other things changed, for example instead of using anindeterminate progressbar, i am now using a spinner, the progress bar will come back after the process is no longer in an indeterminate state, and also some changements, like bug fixes and some changements to make more efficient some things.

Asi i said pre release and update source code available shortly.

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.09.51.png

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.10.05.png

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.11.21.png

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.13.14.png

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.25.59.png

Schermata 2018-03-28 alle 02.25.50.png

ok, the new pre-release 3 is ready, here is the source code:

https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

and here the download of the new pre-release:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

Changelog available in the previous post complete with screenshots

Enjoy and let me know

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi

All work fine as usual :) Thanks

On my system, Install macOS High Sierra.app is in subfolder of downloads folder.  Is it possible for Tinu to detect it automatically at this location or elsewhere on the hard drive or a connected external drive?

On 28/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi

All work fine as usual :) Thanks

On my system, Install macOS High Sierra.app is in subfolder of downloads folder.  Is it possible for Tinu to detect it automatically at this location or elsewhere on the hard drive or a connected external drive?

for external drives, the app will be detected if it is in the root of the drive or in a folder called Applications in that drive, i have added that so you can use installer apps from other mac os partitions in your machine, for the other folders, it will detect in the /applications, desktop, documents, downloads (but not subfolder of downloads) and other systsem directories, i prefer to not have too many places to scan beacuse it will make the detection of installer apps much longer, but you have always the "open ..." button which allows you to open the installer apps from any custom location

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

for external drives, the app will be detected if it is in the root of the drive or in a folder called Applications in that drive, i have added that so you can use installer appf from other mac os partitions in your machine, for the other folders, it will detect in the /applications, desktop, documents, downloads but not subfolder of downloads and other systsem directories, i prefer to to have too many places to scan beacuse it will make the detection of installer apps much longer, but you have always the "open ..." which allows you to open the installer apps from any custom location

Thanks for these explanation 

• Like 1

ok, i have done a small missplacement leaving a debug variable on in the last pre-release, and that causes the app to always fail the usb creation process, so i have fixed it quickly, here is the fixed one

download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/nvzss51qcieynve/TINU.zip

source code: https://github.com/ITzTravelInTime/TINU/tree/development

Edited by ITzTravelInTime
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey iTzTravelInTime! I just have a suggestion: can you add "Check or Install for Updates Automatically" on the Menu Barre? Thanks for the App, nice JOB ^_^

10 hours ago, ammoune78 said:

Hey iTzTravelInTime! I just have a suggestion: can you add "Check or Install for Updates Automatically" on the Menu Barre? Thanks for the App, nice JOB ^_^

do you mean updates for the TINU app, or for macOS/ installer apps or usb?

2 hours ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

do you mean updates for the TINU app, or for macOS/ installer apps or usb?

Yes i mean TINU.app :D

• Thanks 1

Hi,

would you be so kind to add a function in which a user would be able to point to the directory in which the macOS-Install-app resides?

That would be great, since I have those big files collected outside the usual /Application folder... ;)

1 hour ago, al6042 said:

Hi,

would you be so kind to add a function in which a user would be able to point to the directory in which the macOS-Install-app resides?

That would be great, since I have those big files collected outside the usual /Application folder... ;)

Hi

Users can already choose their folder for macOS-Install.app by click on "Open app" instead of usual Application folder

Capture d’écran 2018-04-01 à 17.40.49.png

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Users can already choose their folder for macOS-Install.app by click on "Open app" instead of usual Application folder

Capture d’écran 2018-04-01 à 17.40.49.png

there is also a button called "open ..." in the same screen which does the same thing but it's displayed when there are installer apps detected

• Like 1

3 hours ago, al6042 said:

Don't get me wrong folks, but this function is not available in the latest public release...

yes because it's only present in the latest pre-release, the latest public release don't have it yet, but the next one will have it

• Like 1

I was thinking about a new idea for the "boot files replacement" feature of tinu 2, for those which don't know what is it, it's basically a feature which allows you to replace boot files present into the bootable usb thumb drive with custom ones (note that this features work only with bootfiles and system files which are not into the basesystem.dmg, or other dmgs) so because of that you may need to have those boot files replaced once you have installed macOS, so i was thinking to let tinu to create automatically an .sh or a .command file in the root of the usb installer, to let you to easily replace that files you chosse to replace into the usb installer. into the installed system too, so when you have finished to install mac os, without booting the new macOS for the first time, you can instead boot into the usb installer and execute the script and one it has finished you can boot you fresh mac os install with the selected boot files replaced, this could be very helpfoul especially with beta versions of mac os which do not have a working kext injection with clover so you can simply use a modded kernelcache and then have it in your installed system or with particular machines which does needs to swap files like platformsupport.plist or the kernelcache, so what do you think about that? how could this be better implemented? there is also the need to change the boot files for the send phase of the installer after the system reboot, so i have to implement that too if i do this, so let me know