Mac os High sierra installation attempts

432 posts in this topic

Okay, well, not working for me, I have gone through many different configurations and the best I have come out after attempting to update to beta 2 is to have it still at beta 1 and my admin account changed into a standard account. And removing the .AppleSetupDone flag doesn't help restore it - that results in it just jumping straight to the "Setting up your Mac" and bypassing the setting up an account. So far the only way I have discovered to recover is to erase and reinstall 10.13 beta 1. 

My sig is pretty accurate - any suggestions why beta 2 corrupts my beta 1 install? Oh, and I have also tried with ALL other drives removed, and everything on my beta 1 works - transparancy in nVidia, iMessages, audio and USB. No know problems.

Frustration strikes deep with this one...

Okay, well, not working for me, I have gone through many different configurations and the best I have come out after attempting to update to beta 2 is to have it still at beta 1 and my admin account changed into a standard account. And removing the .AppleSetupDone flag doesn't help restore it - that results in it just jumping straight to the "Setting up your Mac" and bypassing the setting up an account. So far the only way I have discovered to recover is to erase and reinstall 10.13 beta 1. 

My sig is pretty accurate - any suggestions why beta 2 corrupts my beta 1 install? Oh, and I have also tried with ALL other drives removed, and everything on my beta 1 works - transparancy in nVidia, iMessages, audio and USB. No know problems.

Frustration strikes deep with this one...

do you have  on your computer more than one drive with a working install of OS X? You have to delete AppleSetupDone 

Guys i and my friend with the rx480 have done some tests using that gpus with Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts, the result? rx480 working in high sierra without helper card, it also works in his 10.12.4 ryzen hackintosh, so just using this 2 kexts and the boot args to enable them in high sierra, the rx 480 worked fine

post-1390153-0-40969000-1501510174_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Guys i and my friend with the rx480 have done some tests using that gpus with Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts, the result? rx480 working in high sierra without helper card, it also works in his 10.12.4 ryzen hackintosh, so just using this 2 kexts and the boot args to enable them in high sierra, the rx 480 worked fine

Me too, but for Ryzen it only works up to Sierra 12.5, in Sierra 12.6 it boots to black screen and you need a helper card again. It shows the Radeon Pro 480/575 so the kexts are loaded but you still get black screen.

Also, with Intel CPUs that are supported by Apple you get the "metal" apple supported device v1.2? With my pentium G3258 it only has metal supported and the same with Ryzen systems. It works, but it works much better for high grade Intel CPUs.

This is a great breakthrough, now if we can just get a High Sierra kernel for Ryzen that would be even greater.

• Like 1

Me too, but for Ryzen it only works up to Sierra 12.5, in Sierra 12.6 it boots to black screen and you need a helper card again. It shows the Radeon Pro 480/575 so the kexts are loaded but you still get black screen.

Also, with Intel CPUs that are supported by Apple you get the "metal" apple supported device v1.2? With my pentium G3258 it only has metal supported and the same with Ryzen systems. It works, but it works much better for high grade Intel CPUs.

This is a great breakthrough, now if we can just get a High Sierra kernel for Ryzen that would be even greater.

for high sierra kernel you have to wait until apple releases the source code of the high sierra kernel after the final release

for high sierra kernel you have to wait until apple releases the source code of the high sierra kernel after the final release

And then wait again for the Kernel master Bronya to make a new one, but then we have the immutable kernel hopefully this doesn't make trouble.

The Prelinkedkernel folder in High Sierra has immutable kernel and immutable kernel development added with the usual prelinked kernel. Check it out, it may be an issue.

there are also other kernel developers there

Yes, but he seems to be the Most productive for Ryzen, from Mavericks to Sierra he has provided many kernels in the last few months. And he has been working with Clover and Enoch/Chameloen coders which is a great thing for open source development.

I tried to install Beta 10.13 but the second phase of the install process still converts my M.2 to APFS, even if I format it in HFS+ journaled. Does anybody have some advice on how to install on HFS+?

Uefi Clover install method, of course

paste the apfs.efi in the drivers 64 uefi folder of clover, and then use apfs, it's just better o ssds if you want to use hfs+ when you install pay attention to the check box with convert to apfs, and also recreate the usb installer using the latest installer you can find, just to be sure it is not a bug (but i successfully installed on hfs+ on my macbook's ssd, so it could be a bug too)

paste the apfs.efi in the drivers 64 uefi folder of clover, and then use apfs, it's just better o ssds if you want to use hfs+ when you install pay attention to the check box with convert to apfs, and also recreate the usb installer using the latest installer you can find, just to be sure it is not a bug (but i successfully installed on hfs+ on my macbook's ssd, so it could be a bug too)

Thanks, but last DP no longer allows to skip APFS format (check box). I used pikeralpha's workaroud here

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/script-to-check-apfs-conversion-settings/

• Like 1

Are any of you using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS with High Sierra, and if so what version of Clover?

for high sierra use the last version of clover and copy kexts you need into the kexts/10.13 folder or the kexts/10.12 your smbios should work just fine and also if you are using an hdd, don't use apfs, or your system will be very slow, use apfs only on ssds and also i know you are the guy that have trouble getting to work the audigy 2 zs, i can tell to you that i have just put the kx audio driver kext into the kexts/other folder and it worked fine in high sierra without doing anything else 

for high sierra use the last version of clover and copy kexts you need into the kexts/10.13 folder or the kexts/10.12 your smbios should work just fine and also if you are using an hdd, don't use apfs, or your system will be very slow, use apfs only on ssds and also i know you are the guy that have trouble getting to work the audigy 2 zs, i can tell to you that i have just put the kx audio driver kext into the kexts/other folder and it worked fine in high sierra without doing anything else 

Clover does not give me the choice of Mac Pro 5,1. I have been using IMac 13,2. Have you gotten Audigy 2 zs to run on an HP Z400. with Clover and Sierra? High Sierra is working just fine. I have installed every OS X since El Capitan on the HP Z400.

i have got the audigy 2 to work with clover and sierra on my hardware test rig with the asus p5q3 deluxe and the core 2 duo e8400, and also on my test bench machine with the dfi lanparty and clover, i told you that your smbios should work fine, but i am using the iMac 14,2 smbios on my socket 775 machines, i also got it to work on another socket 1150 machine, but i have a lot of card compatible with the kx driver, i have teste as many as i can on each machine 

attachicon.gifAUT_1305.JPGMy question was is anyone running High Sierra using Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS? I am not new to this. I first was successful with Hackintosh over 9 years ago with Leopard. Here is an image of my old Gateway Running Leopard.

I just tried it and it gave me problems, it wants to restart.   I used -s safe mode and got in but it was Spinning BeachBall frenzy.    

This is on a pentium Haswell G3258 using lilukext and Greenkext for AMD RX 460.    

I've had no problem with MP 6.1 and iMac 14.2-18.2 definitions.    

I just tried it and it gave me problems, it wants to restart.   I used -s safe mode and got in but it was Spinning BeachBall frenzy.    

This is on a pentium Haswell G3258 using lilukext and Greenkext for AMD RX 460.    

I've had no problem with MP 6.1 and iMac 14.2-18.2 definitions.    

for haswell the best is iMac 14,2

Friends good day !!

I am having this error with the clover do not tell me to follow with the boot, clover updated but not following.
I am trying to install the high sierra beta 5. I already thank the help.

Friends good day !!

I am having this error with the clover do not tell me to follow with the boot, clover updated but not following.
I am trying to install the high sierra beta 5. I already thank the help.

Okay, mostly seem to be up and running now. I get this on About this Mac:

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 7 MB

​Obviously a little more than 7MB is on my 1050 Ti. Any suggestions on how to get the OS to use the 1050 and recognize it? (It is running but VERY slow and flickers) I don't need "acceleration", but it would be nice to be able to make use of the 4GB of video ram...

Thanks

Frank

I have read that Nvidia driver doesnt work in 10.13 yet. (It works only for older generation 2xx-9xx)...

In 10.12 gtx 1xxx driver works "normally"

I have read that Nvidia driver doesnt work in 10.13 yet. (It works only for older generation 2xx-9xx)...

In 10.12 gtx 1xxx driver works "normally"

tested on my gtx 960, doesn't works

• Like 1

so vega gpus are starting to appear on the market, and high sierra beta already has the support for that cards, so i hope someone here can get one and get it to work, maybe with the watherver green + lilu kexts and the usual stuff for the amd cards, like the frame buffer and ids

so vega gpus are starting to appear on the market, and high sierra beta already has the support for that cards, so i hope someone here can get one and get it to work, maybe with the watherver green + lilu kexts and the usual stuff for the amd cards, like the frame buffer and ids

I picked one up today, a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 8gb, it works without fixes in High Sierra. However no audio, and name is R9 xxx the name is an easy fix, but we will probably have to wait for Apple to fix Audio. ID is 0x687F1002, the same as Frontier edition.

Geekbench Compute score 188,000, didn't break 200,000 but if drivers improve in High Sierra there is hope.

Update:  After updating to the latest beta (and latest clover) I have Audio.      

• Like 2

I picked one up today, a Gigabyte RX Vega 64 8gb, it works without fixes in High Sierra. However no audio, and name is R9 xxx the name is an easy fix, but we will probably have to wait for Apple to fix Audio. ID is 0x687F1002, the same as Frontier edition.

Geekbench Compute score 188,000, didn't break 200,000 but if drivers improve in High Sierra there is hope.

nice to see that, i'd like to get one in the future for compute on mac, together with an nvidia for cuda and nvidia optimized apps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally updated :D credit all to @PikerAlpha script

Finally updated :D credit all to @PikerAlpha script

hello,

i can't get the script to work...permission denied even tough i put sudo command...

any idea? App store start the installation for me but fail to start