Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

1. Edit Colver configuration file, set SIP related setting CsrActiveConfig to 0x00

For the life of me, I am unable to complete boot when I keep CsrActiveConfig as 0x00 using Clover configurator. 

Loading bar never appears below apple boot logo and apple logo changes to Stop symbol.

On my system, only 0x67 works.

For the life of me, I am unable to complete boot when I keep CsrActiveConfig as 0x00 using Clover configurator. 

On my system, only 0x67 works.

You need to use OsxAptioFix2-Drv.efi if you want to use CsrActiveConfig=0x0 otherwise you'll end up with the memory allocation error.

• Like 2

I looks like the menubar transparency doesnt work, perhaps QE?CI is not running properly in your device?

#OffTopic: LoL..??? Have U installed High Sierra then realized that the default background has white color on upper part of screen?

So with a white background then, does the gray transparent Menu Bar on top of it become colorful?

Well, just choose another background...  :P Enjoy..!!!

tcaQhXS.jpg

#OffTopic: LoL..??? Have U installed High Sierra then realized that the default background has white color on upper part of screen?

So with a white background then, does the gray transparent Menu Bar on top of it become colorful?

Well, just choose another background...  :P Enjoy..!!!

tcaQhXS.jpg

so, this webdriver actually solve our problem now? I thought we will never get to see a full acceleration support for our a43sj past El-capitan. well I guess its time to back to hackintosh now.... I almost give up btw lol. tell me whats the other problem you're facing please? (if this is of topic you can PM me :P )

Nvidiadriver in my experience in different osx version in different rigs I have owned in time have always a worst performance against windows drivers in benchmark. In my case I could quantify this difference for about a 15/20 %  less than window

I can work without any lag in photoshop as I do in windows (no lag at all)

Cuda driver I use in premiere pro export have pretty same performance as window maybe a 5% less but in real world usage I cannot see any differences

If I would like to be a little critics with this driver I would like to say metal implementation is too weak if  I compare with great gfx power and some time I have some glitches when I do a show package contents and scroll inside it...object seems to disappear inside (not always but it happens sometimes )

off topic

IPG related subject

search in this forum

augustopaulo 5960x

and download his "comprimido" archive, inside this zip you will find a working IPG version

For oarksit performance fix try to see in latest config.plist you can find in this thread:

Thanks fabiosun! Unfortunately I still can't get IPG to work, and the EIST patch did nothing (no surprise though as I have EIST and C-states turned off in the BIOS). However, I understand that this may be a bit off topic so it might be better if I start a new thread on these issue.

It's interesting, however, that you don't seem to experience the same problems with PS. I've always thought this an issue with the nVidia drivers, but I may have missed something.

To you and others here, if you open a reasonably small image in PS, press 'F' and move it around. Does the image trail behind the mouse cursors at all? If you open a raw image and drag the sliders, do you see any lag?

I have tons of lag with some operations like that, and sometimes artifacts as well. 

Someone could explain this?

clover 4184

where you see more yes in Nvidia loaded kext is with allow untrusted kext unflagged in system parameter clover option SIP (0x66 instead 0x67)

could you check?

in both cases driver is working well in my usual work pipeline

Hmmb..? No longer using r4184 but r4245 here, though I think on ur case (Pascal) is enough with these Web Drivers loaded:

~ GeForceWeb

~ NVDAGP100HalWeb

~ NVDAResmanWeb

~ NVDAStartUpWeb

.. it doesn't matter how SIP is, AFAIK Enabled was for installation trick to not be blocked by system (Gatekeeper?);

once allowed they're still loaded even with SIP: Disabled.

Recently with NVDAStartUpWeb that has invalid-signature it still force loaded by system (with SIP: Disabled).

Thanks Nvidia for still bringing my GT 520M to live, even with 10.13.1 Beta 2 (17B35a), and also insanelymac for great hackintosh forum, ever..!!! :angel_not:

27O7qPg.jpg

In .1 beta 2 I can install the original .114 Nvidia driver just fine but it doesn't work ( display 7mb ). I cannot get the .117 drivers to install on .1 beta 2. How did you manage to get the drivers installed and working?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In .1 beta 2 I can install the original .114 Nvidia driver just fine but it doesn't work ( display 7mb ). I cannot get the .117 drivers to install on .1 beta 2. How did you manage to get the drivers installed and working?

Old methods still work just fine for me.. (DWYOR..!!!)  :P

(For macOS High Sierra Beta 2)
1. Installer package

~.117.pkg/Distribution:
var supportedOSVer = "10.13.1";
var supportedOSBuildVer = "17B35a";

2. Web Driver

/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist:
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>17B35a</string>

• Like 3

Old methods still work just fine for me.. (DWYOR..!!!)

(For macOS High Sierra Beta 2)1. Installer package~.117.pkg/Distribution:...var supportedOSVer = "10.13.1";var supportedOSBuildVer = "17B35a";...2. Web Driver/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist:...<key>NVDARequiredOS</key><string>17B35a</string>...

What did you use to open the installer package to modify it?

Edit. Nevermind did it in Terminal.

to clarify, with DisplayPort you have a black screen with the functional slider?

this is my case ... through ScreenSharing I have access to my computer, all working.

Curious, but my 960 works perfectly through displayport both in 10.13 and in 10.13 SU with the Nvidia Driver and only use the Lilu.kext. I do not even need to use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext or the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext
  • Like 1

Curious, but my 960 works perfectly through displayport both in 10.13 and in 10.13 SU with the Nvidia Driver and only use the Lilu.kext. I do not even need to use the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext or the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext

Curious! that's really interesting, how's that?) any unusual clover entry? my works just over DVI-D

Curious! that's really interesting, how's that?) any unusual clover entry? my works just over DVI-D

Hi Mickhael,

I do not use any patch on the plist, I just use the same DSDT as always, created the first time by nmano and than improved and supplemented by PMHeart, Mald0n and myself. In my case, the secret to not having black screens (macpro 6.1) was to change GFX0 to GFX1 in DSDT ;)

All is working perfectly yes!

post-1313347-0-47558000-1507819919_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-23273600-1507819937_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-72006400-1507819950_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-08586100-1507819967_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-66653600-1507819980_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-51935000-1507819998_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-23911200-1507820016_thumb.png

post-1313347-0-73829900-1507820189_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi Mickhael,

I do not use any patch on the plist, I just use the same DSDT as always, created the first time by nmano and than improved and supplemented by PMHeart, Mald0n and myself. In my case, the secret to not having black screens (macpro 6.1) was to change GFX0 to GFX1 in DSDT ;)

I using also the same DSDT that worked well in Sierra 10.12.6 macpro6.1 with GFX0 to GFX1. Gigabyte its not Asus :D

It's worth noting that after I switched from DVI/HDMI cables to DisplayPort cables on both my Dell monitors (U3014, U2413) the big one stays dark and the small one comes up at something like 800x600 resolution for the login window.  Once I unplug and plug both monitors back in, both monitors light up at the full resolution as expected.

TL;DR - If you're using Dell monitors with DisplayPort cables and your screen is black, try unplugging and plugging the monitor back in.

Hi Mickhael,

can you share your dsdt file ?

can you share your dsdt file ?

Yes of course! But sooner, I'm not at home right now. But I remember you that I already did it in other topics before, and each case is different. I've always used DSDT only and it was specifically created for my hardware. If you do not have the same hardware, it will not do any good :)
  • Like 1

Yes of course! But sooner, I'm not at home right now. But I remember you that I already did it in other topics before, and each case is different. I've always used DSDT only and it was specifically created for my hardware. If you do not have the same hardware, it will not do any good :)

I know that... if have question is this forum ... :)... thank you ...waiting 

Yes, that was running with the web drivers. Booting with nv_disable always gives the gioscreenlockstate loop.

After following holyfields steps in #563 and then deleting the caches I got it running, but inconsistently. Tried a fresh install and repeated the steps, with the extra step of deleting caches, and so far it works fine. However, nv_disable does not work which could be a bit of a pain in the future...

I haven't got time to dig in more deep but I suspect new NVIDIA drivers for High Sierra are a bit different. They might have changed underlying architecture, which actually might be good news. It's just causes issues if you have old  fixing drivers fo fixing Nvidia. Seems that NVIDIA doesn't relay anymore only on NVRAM, which might be good for various screnarios. But I haven't got time to dig deeper.

Have u problem with the sleep mode? Mine goes to sleep but then instantly turns on the gpu and the whole system back on

I had same issue. Its drivers issue. I replaced some drivers and issue solved. Make sure you have latest drivers and only really only drivers you really need.