Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

Sounds like you might need to set your graphics card port configuration in Clover.

This is consistent with what I've been able to debug. Too bad that with my combination of hardware and every branch of OsxAptioFixDrv I can't boot with CsrActiveConfig == 0x0.

Hi have you made any progress in this topic? Namely how to boot the installer with nvidia drivers and and bypass Library validation for the WindowServer process?

@fabiosun

did you find a way to boot into vesa mode?

If not I think I found a workaround that seems to be working for me. If I remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi it will prevent the nVidia Web Drivers and you can login into macOS with Apple's builtin drivers.

pkgutil --expand /Users/fabio/Downloads/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg -f

for first part

maybe the second part with --flatten

File Commands:

--expand PKG DIR Expand the flat package PKG to DIR

--flatten DIR PKG Flatten the files at DIR as PKG

--bom PATH Extract any Bom files from the pkg at PATH into /tmp

--payload-files PATH List the paths archived within the (m)pkg at PATH

--check-signature PATH Validate the signature of the pkg at PATH and print certificate information

Thanks fabiosun, i will try ?

check the latest part I added

I have tried and it is working

do you know how it is possible to modify check in it for OSX Version? yep it is possible

I see this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<installer-gui-script minSpecVersion="2">
    <title>NVIDIA Web Driver 378.10.10.10.15.117</title>
    <options customize="never" allow-external-scripts="false" rootVolumeOnly="true"/>
    <background file="background.png" scaling="none" alignment="bottomleft"/>
    <welcome file="Welcome.rtf"/>
    <license file="License.rtf"/>
    <installation-check script="InstallationCheck();"/>
    <script>
		function InstallationCheck() 
		{			
			if (!validateSoftware()) return false;

return true;
		}

function compareBuildVersions(si, sj)
		{
			var li, lj;

li = si.length; lj = sj.length;
			if ((li == 0) || (lj == 0)) return 0;

if (li < lj)
			{
				if (li == 2) sj = sj.substring(0, 2);
				else if (li == 3) sj = sj.substring(0, 3);
			}
			else
			{
				if (lj == 2) si = si.substring(0, 2);
				else if (lj == 3) si = si.substring(0, 3);
			}

return system.compareVersions(si, sj);
		}

</script>
    <choices-outline>
        <line choice="manual"/>
    </choices-outline>
    <choice id="manual" title="NVIDIA Web Driver 378.10.10.10.15.117" description="NVIDIA driver components">
        <pkg-ref id="NV" auth="Root" onConclusion="RequireRestart">#1.7-90-378.10.10.10.15.117-NVWebDrivers.pkg</pkg-ref>
        <pkg-ref id="NVPrefPane" auth="Root">#NVPrefPane.pkg</pkg-ref>
    </choice>
    <pkg-ref id="NV" packageIdentifier="com.nvidia.web-driver" installKBytes="193627">
        <bundle-version>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDANV50HalTeslaWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanTeslaWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanTeslaWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceWeb" path="Library/Extensions/GeForceWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceVADriverWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceVADriverWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceAIRPluginWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceAIRPluginWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGP100HalWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaGAWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGAWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceGLDriverWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaGLDriverWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaVADriverWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGF100HalWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAGF100HalWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAResmanWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGM100HalWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAGM100HalWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceTeslaWeb" path="Library/Extensions/GeForceTeslaWeb.kext"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.GeForceMTLDriverWeb" path="System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle"/>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="10.25.28" CFBundleVersion="10.2.5" id="com.nvidia.web.NVDAGK100HalWeb" path="Library/Extensions/NVDAGK100HalWeb.kext"/>
        </bundle-version>
    </pkg-ref>
    <pkg-ref id="NVPrefPane" packageIdentifier="com.nvidia.nvprefpane" installKBytes="1054">
        <bundle-version>
            <bundle CFBundleShortVersionString="1.7" CFBundleVersion="90" id="com.nvidia.nvprefpane" path="NVIDIA Driver Manager.prefPane"/>
        </bundle-version>
    </pkg-ref>
    <product id="com.nvidia.combo-pkg" version="378.10.10.10.15.117"/>
</installer-gui-script>
yep

I think it is possible to by pass check only deleting installation check script

:-)

Yes, it is possible fabio! I had done it before. But I did not save the commands and forgot what they are. Thanks again.

Fergarth was asking for a terminal command

your video is off topic! :-)

I am joking

Thank you for this video!

Ah, sorry didn't know it. I just saw your post above - It is why I replied.

yep

I think it is possible to by pass check only deleting installation check script

:-)

• Like 1

Has anyone gotten a triple-monitor setup to work in High Sierra? One of my displays is black (with signal and mouse cursor) but it is not using DP. And, depending on which displays are plugged in, different displays turn black with signal as well.

Has anyone gotten a triple-monitor setup to work in High Sierra? One of my displays is black (with signal and mouse cursor) but it is not using DP. And, depending on which displays are plugged in, different displays turn black with signal as well.

Yes, I have. I have two Displays connected via DP to HDMI cables and one TV connected via HDMI and all three are working at the same time.

Yes, I have. I have two Displays connected via DP to HDMI cables and one TV connected via HDMI and all three are working at the same time.

Interesting, I am using 1 DP, 1 HDMI to DVI, and 1 HDMI. I'll try switching one of them out for another DP.

Interesting, I am using 1 DP, 1 HDMI to DVI, and 1 HDMI. I'll try switching one of them out for another DP.

I suggest replace the DVI with another DP or HDMI cable. As far as I know DVI and DP don't play well together.

I suggest replace the DVI with another DP or HDMI cable. As far as I know DVI and DP don't play well together.

Interestingly, if I unplug the DVI, the monitor that is currently plugged into DP goes blank. I can't find a combination of ports that gives me no black screen on at least one monitor.

Interestingly, if I unplug the DVI, the monitor that is currently plugged into DP goes blank. I can't find a combination of ports that gives me no black screen on at least one monitor.

Let's not go off-topic here I'll send you a PM and will discuss it there.

Hi sorry if this is obsolete or off-topic but I've got my Nvidia GTX 1050 working with 10.13.1 beta2 without lilu.kext and other things

I just put this in Clover's KextsToPatch

<dict>
 <key>Comment</key>
 <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha</string>
 <key>Disabled</key>
 <false/>
 <key>Find</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
 </data>
 <key>Name</key>
 <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
 <key>Replace</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaXg=
 </data>
 </dict>

I found this on Piker's blog on internet.

Spotted! https://images.nvidi...0.10.15.120.pkg

All I did was open and mount EFI and open your EFi/config.plist inside clover configurator, enable SIP in Rt Variables panel (ie CsrActiveConfig= 0x00) save your config and reboot. When you're back in, install nvidia driver, DONT REBOOT, open clover again and change CsrActiveConfig back to 0x67. Now reboot. Polish up CUDA if required. Done.

Enjoy 
Metal: Supported, feature set OSX_GPUFamily1 v2

Updated and all is well. Doesn't fix the black screen issue I and others have run into (however I do have a workaround thanks to some trial and error and cyberdevs that may not help every scenario).

Installed with SIP enabled (using Clover boot menu to temporarily disable without plist edits) and Clover AGDP patch, and didn't need EmuVariableEfi, NVWebDriverLibValFix, or NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

Hi sorry if this is obsolete or off-topic but I've got my Nvidia GTX 1050 working with 10.13.1 beta2 without lilu.kext and other things

<dict>
 <key>Comment</key>
 <key>Disabled</key>
 <false/>
 <key>Find</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
 </data>
 <key>Name</key>
 <key>Replace</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaXg=
 </data>
 </dict>
In xcode or configurator.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well since its a Find and Replace that would tell you that its Clover config file

I know what file it is but it can be opened with xcode and clover configurator and the values would be different.

I know what file it is but it can be opened with xcode and clover configurator and the values would be different.

well of course it would, xcode display it as 64base encoded and Clover configurator displays it as Hex

• Like 1

how resolve you sound delay on hdmi with 1050 ?  new driver not help and anybody dont talk about this issue ... thank you 

<dict>
 <key>Comment</key>
 <key>Disabled</key>
 <false/>
 <key>Find</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
 </data>
 <key>Name</key>
 <key>Replace</key>
 <data>
 Ym9hcmQtaXg=
 </data>
 </dict>