Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

My rig boots to black screen even with Lilu.kext 1.1.7 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.1.3.

Hmmm. On my MBP, when I try to install the new driver I get  "The Installer has encountered an issue with your system and the NVIDIA Web Driver may not install properly. Click Continue to proceed or click Cancel to abort the installation process."

And it gets installed, and the video card appears, but it doesn't activate the card... :(

Same ^^

My rig boots to black screen even with Lilu.kext 1.1.7 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext 1.1.3.

The same case, I use iMac 17,1 with lilu & nvidiafixup, got blackscreen and can't also boot with nv_disable=1 anymore

werid thing! i install it with smbios imac142 and then change into macpro6.1.. i will try 

I hope iMac 14,2 will work, update me if you can, thanks in advance because I don't know how to change to iMac 14,2 in windows :D

What happens when you use the NVWebDriverLibValFix kext?

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix

Specifically, check your system log for errors relating to Library Validation.  It's working for me and I have that kext installed.

Awesome.., it works on my Fermi GF119 (10de:1050)..!!! NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is the answer under 10.13 (17A365).

U8tg4TJ.png

But on my case, I also use this Kext to Patch to avoid blackscreen issue (not really sure if it's a same way as NvidiaGraphicsFixup though):

<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Disable board-id check to prevent no signal (c) lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    ugUAAAA=
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    ugAAAAA=
    </data>
</dict> 

U may also try with different FakeSMC versions, yes.. previously the WebDriver prevented this to load (for unknown reason) and gotta stuck on Waiting on DSMOS...

Here I'm using v6.26.1440 (still need some tests to confirm).

After Web Driver install succeeded, I also run these commands as usual:

sudo nvram -c && sudo purge && sudo rm -f /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache && sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / && sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force 

.. then reboot ur mach and voila.., it works!!! Thanks again @Asgorath  :thumbsup_anim:

#EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm using Clover v2.4k r4220 Legacy and MBP10,1 SMBios.

#EDIT2: I'm running 10.13 with HFS+, IDK if under APFS since (AFAIK) Preboot volume also needs tobe touched;

U may also try install WebDriver with SIP enabled. (on my case it' s disabled).

FakeSMC.kext_v6.26.1440.zip

New now officially released macOS High Sierra 10.13 Nvidia Web Driver just works flawless!

Departing from the previous 10.12.6 Web Driver workaround I performed the following steps.

To uninstall the 10.12.6  NVIDIA Web Driver and the NVIDIA Driver Manager, follow the steps below: 

1.) Open the NVIDIA Driver Manager in the menu bar item.

2.) Click on the padlock icon and enter your Administrator password.

3.) Click the Open Uninstaller button.

4.) Click Uninstall and continue with the de-installation. Reboot your system as indicated

5.) Install the native vanilla macOS High Sierra 10.13 AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the appropriate permission in /S/L/E/ by means of Kext Utility.

To install the new officially distributed Nvidida 10.13 Web Driver Package, perform the following steps:

1.) Download and install the Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver Package. Ignore the error message during installation and proceed with the Web Driver Installation until you are asked to reboot the system. Don't reboot the system yet as requested!

2.) Download, unzip and run the AGDPfix.app attached below to avoid the black screen problem on reboot. Be patient, it takes some time to apply the fix. Once the fix has been successfully applied, you will get another notification to reboot your system.

3.) Now reboot the system. On system startup you should have a fully working 10.13 Nvidia Web Driver with OpenGL and Metal 2 support!

AGDPfix.app.zip

post-1362934-0-47024900-1506488556_thumb.png

post-1362934-0-68019300-1506488589_thumb.png

• Like 6

5.) Install the native vanilla macOS High Sierra 10.13 AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the appropriate permission in /S/L/E/ by means of Kext Utility.

Hello, I don't understand this step............ If I have installed already 10.13, isn't this "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" already loaded ? If not, where do I get it ?

Thanks

Hello, I don't understand this step............ If I have installed already 10.13, isn't this "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" already loaded ? If not, where do I get it ?

Thanks

This step is not required if you did not use the 10.12.6 Web Driver Workaround before under 10.13 or you just performed a macOS 10.13 clean install.

In this case, you can skip all points related to the removal of the 10.12.6 Web Driver Workaround! 

Great to see Nvidia delivered on release day.

I upgraded a clone of my Sierra partition to HS, the webdriver update popped up to install it.

After some more updates to lilu and AppleALC and Clover of course, I had a fully working system.  :thumbsup_anim:

New now officially released macOS High Sierra 10.13 Nvidia Web Driver just works flawless!

Departing from the previous 10.12.6 Web Driver workaround I performed the following steps.

To uninstall the 10.12.6 NVIDIA Web Driver and the NVIDIA Driver Manager, follow the steps below:

1.) Open the NVIDIA Driver Manager in the menu bar item.

2.) Click on the padlock icon and enter your Administrator password.

3.) Click the Open Uninstaller button.

4.) Click Uninstall and continue with the de-installation. Reboot your system as indicated

To install the new officially distributed Nvidida 10.13 Web Driver Package, perform the following steps:

1.) Download and install the Nvidia 10.13 Web Driver Package. Ignore the error message during installation and proceed with the Web Driver Installation until you are asked to reboot the system. Don't reboot the system yet as requested!

2.) Download, unzip and run the AGDPfix.app attached below to avoid the black screen problem on reboot. Be patient, it takes some time to apply the fix. Once the fix has been successfully applied, you will get another notification to reboot your system.

3.) Now reboot the system. On system startup you should have a fully working 10.13 Nvidia Web Driver with OpenGL and Metal 2 support!

This worked for me. Installed new driver, ran ADGP fix rebooted and all good.

Didn't need to remove old work around as I wasn't using it.

Edit: reinstalled original AppleGraphicControl kext with kext Utility, rebuilt kext cache, rebooted and still had display. I did add NVWebDriverLibValFix though.

post-1083558-0-41596000-1506502196_thumb.png

for now I am not be able to have my rig working

I am patching manually policy and use old dummykext but no joy at this stage

Are AppleGraphicsDeviceControl and AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy *.kext both loaded by system? I mean, it maybe better to keep our SLE vanilla for this reason (if we're able to); strange is I didn't even touch AGDP to make it works (keeping signature as vanilla), but only using NVWebDriverLibValFix from my EFI. I also not using NvidiaGraphicsFixup yet, and how about try using different "Board-id" or following this workarround:)

#EDIT: Oops, I just realized that MBP10,1 board-id is already set to "none" by AGDP.. so there's no reason for me to touch it. For another SMBios'es it maybe by using AGDPFix for solution, sorry.

I installed lastest web drivers, but when the system boot, it will reboot every time i try (even with nv_disable=1)... It's the first time i install osx on this computer (SMbios imac 18.1)...

I tried nvdagraphicsfixup and NVWebDriverLibValFix but nothing... What can i do? Thanks

I installed lastest web drivers, but when the system boot, it will reboot every time i try (even with nv_disable=1)... It's the first time i install osx on this computer (SMbios imac 18.1)...

I tried nvdagraphicsfixup and NVWebDriverLibValFix but nothing... What can i do? Thanks

Make sure you have latest Lilu.kext and EmuVariableUefi-64 in Drivers64UEFI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Black screen after installing new High Sierra NVIDIA driver and applying AGDP fix on new install of High Sierra. I have also installed LILU and NvidiaGraphicsFixup. My card is GTX 970. iMac 17.1. The system seems to hand over to the Nvidia card, and monitor shows a signal is being received, but screen is black. With the black screen problem in Sierra, the monitor screen was black but this was because no signal was being received. This is a different problem.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

i got black screen using gtx 750ti and no signal on gtx 960 using a gtx 650 i got the system that goes black screen and then reships new lines in -v log, i am using all the same settings i use to get top work web drivers in sierra, including use web drivers check and also nvda_drv=1 boot arg, i am also using all the needed drivers in drivers 64 uefi, and i am trying with 2 testing partitions, one with apfs and one without

Guys, but for blackscreen issue is also happened on real mac as well, not (only) related to Nvidia but I think there's still whole graphics issue with this release, windowserver crash or glitch after logged out / lid closing (some MBPs), and even worse is poor graphics performance compared to previous macOS versions uhmmmb, #FYI only  :rofl:

• Like 1

Now I am testing again a clean istallation

before I missed gatekeeper disable so I would like to give a new chance

In my case also seem that graphics and cpu performance is due to a missing wsmr performance fix because I have eist flagged in bios and I need maybe of a new kernel fix

I'm also going to try another fresh usb install without using the ADGP fix this time.

Tomorrow perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Now we're talking :D

Clean install, web driver installation, nvram, kext cache clean up before restart. and this time I added the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to the /L/E and fixed the permissions.

I chose the Nvidia web driver before rebooting  and also used the AGDPFix then rebooted the system and Viola!

But I guess the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext did the trick this time :) Thanks to @Badruzeus and @SavagAUS for pointing it out :)

post-1011040-0-48950300-1506508547_thumb.png

• Like 3