Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS High Sierra (UPDATE Nov 13, 2020)

fantomas
2,046 posts in this topic

@Badrezeus

Guess the first beta of 10.13.1 will be released today/tonight.   :P

Ha haa, I hope so.. but since Nvidia no longer released WebDriver under macOS Beta; I'm just not sure if graphics related problem using this card would be fixed soon.. so here's the fun about hackintosh.  :wink_anim:

• Like 1

Now we're talking :D

Clean install, web driver installation, nvram, kext cache clean up before restart. and this time I added the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to the /L/E and fixed the permissions.

I chose the Nvidia web driver before rebooting  and also used the AGDPFix then rebooted the system and Viola!

But I guess the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext did the trick this time :) Thanks to @Badruzeus and @SavagAUS for pointing it out :)

Hi,

how to make an kext cache / kernel prebuild for HS?

Its possible to do that from bootet Sierra for the HS Volume also or do i need to run that running HS?

As many, i get blank screen - more excat there is an loop (shown with -v)  on gIOScreenLockState 3 ... 

Guys, but for blackscreen issue is also happened on real mac as well, not (only) related to Nvidia but I think there's still whole graphics issue with this release, windowserver crash or glitch after logged out / lid closing (some MBPs), and even worse is poor graphics performance compared to previous macOS versions uhmmmb, #FYI only  :rofl:

That's not the same bug. I don't have any problem booting using the integrated GPU, however when I use the nvidia webdrivers with a 950Ti I got the black screen. The black screen is just a manifestation of the graphic driver crashing all the time and the system restarting the driver, thus forming a continuous loop. IMO the problem are the webdrivers. This was tested in a new HS installation with the  the AGDP fix.

I'll try latter the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, that may be the key.

Cheers!

That's not the same bug. I don't have any problem booting using the integrated GPU, however when I use the nvidia webdrivers with a 750Ti I got the black screen. The black screen is just a manifestation of the graphic driver crashing all the time and the system restarting the driver, thus forming a continuous loop. IMO the problem are the webdrivers. This was tested in a new HS installation with the  the AGDP fix.

OK, noted. Thanks for correction, it still needs lot of tests & reports from different Nvidia graphic's devices though  :rolleyes:

Hi,

how to make an kext cache / kernel prebuild for HS.

Its possible to do that from bootet Sierra for the HS Volume also or do i need to run that running HS?

As many, i get blank screen - more excat there is an loop (shown with -v)  on gIOScreenLockState 3 ... 

Hi there,

There is an app in my signature that you can use to clean the nvram and the kext cache, it also will rebuild the prelinkedkernel. but you need to run it from within the OS to do so. if you can't access your High Sierra right now, you can delete the caches and the prelinkedkernel manually.

/Library/Caches --> remove the folder, it will be created after reboot

/System/Library/Caches --> remove the folder, it will be created after reboot

/System/PrelinkedKernels ---> do not remove the folder just remove the files inside

/User/Library/Caches --> remove the folder, it will be created after reboot

Add the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to your /L/E on High Sierra and repair the permission with kext utility.

• Like 2

Well... after reading all your comments here i am now quite scared to attempt an install of these new nvidia web drivers.... :( I dont want to risk to finish in a black loop, and install HS over and over again .

My doubts are... do I really need to install lilu, NVWebDriverLibValFix and run the AGDPFix before reboot ?

In which cases should I install all those fixes?

When i was with last Sierra release, I never installed any fix.... I just applied nv_disable=1 in Clover config...

Finally GTX 1080Ti working correctly on 10.13.0 Fresh USB install

Here's what I did:

1. Installed latest version of Clover v4220

2. NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext should be in /Library/Extensions (Install using kext beast) OR it can also be in Clover/kexts/Other/ (Just in one of the either places.)

3. Lilu.kext & NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in Clover/kexts/Other/

4. apfs.efi & OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in Clover/drivers64UEFI/

5. NvidiaWeb selected under Clover Configurator -> System Parameters

6. Used Clover Configurator to have iMac18,3 SMBIOS

7. CSRActiveConfig was 0x67

8. Installed Nvidia Web Driver and ignored the error.

Reboot to success

What Does not work

1. 4K @ 60Hz over HDMI 2

This seems to be Nvidia's Incompetence. But they will pass on the blame to Apple.

I did not use AGDPfix.

I have attached the required files below.

HS_Nvidia_Reqd_Files.zip

• Like 4

For anyone using MacOS High Sierra with SMBIOS iMac17,1, make sure you upgrade NvidiaGraphicsFixup to 1.1.3 minimum (assuming you use it in the first place). It was a pain in the ass to go back into the OS after I upgraded to High Sierra, not knowing that the support for High Sierra of NvidiaGraphicsFixup has been added starting with version 1.1.3, while I was having 1.1.2. And for some reason booting with nv_disable=1 didn't work either. 

So...yeah, definitely something to consider before upgrading.

• Like 2

Success Install Hackintosh at High Sierra 10.13 Build 17A365

Specifications :
- Processor : Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake

- Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 (I need more onboard Sata Ports)

- VGA : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5

- Memory : Dual Channel Team Extreem Dark 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz OC

- Storages : 6 Storages (120GB SSD Natno For Windows 10 Enterprise, 120GB Fujitsu for macOS High Sierra, 2TB For Data Multimedia / Program, 2TB for Master Game Installer, 500GB For Data OS X, 500GB for Game Live Installed)

- Optical Drive : Asus DVD-RW Box

- LAN : Dual LAN - Killer LAN E2400 dan Intel I219V

- Wifi Card : TP-Link TL-WDN4800

- Camera : A4Tech PK-920H WebCam

- Monitor : 1X Asus VN248H @24" Full HD

- Audio Codec : Creative CA0132

- Clover version :4220
OS X Version : macOS High Sierra 10.13 Build 17A365

I used latest kexts, you can see at screenshot about 3rd party kexts. And i edited AGDP.kext manually then install it with Kext Utility. And Use Nvidia Web Driver from First Post..

post-1311960-0-05220800-1506520013_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-52239100-1506520034_thumb.png

I am on a MacBook Pro 13" with the AKiTio Thunder3 + 1050Ti, patched IOThunderbolt of course. Installed the latest driver, card appears listed, but the driver won't activate it. Tried installing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, no luck. Anybody has a suggestion for me? Thanks!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqcodxg5cscld3k/nvidia1.png?dl=0

I am on a MacBook Pro 13" with the AKiTio Thunder3 + 1050Ti, patched IOThunderbolt of course. Installed the latest driver, card appears listed, but the driver won't activate it. Tried installing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, no luck. Anybody has a suggestion for me? Thanks!!!!

You might be missing the emuvariabeuefi.efi, do you have that in the drivers64uefi folder?

Please read the last few pages of this thread, the recommendation is to install NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext to fix Library Validation issues (looks like more stuff has LV enabled in High Sierra).

Ok guys,

To summarize what I've find out so far:

I can confirm that the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in combination with the famous "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" kext patch does the trick on activating the nVidia Web Driver.

so no need to use the AGDPfix.app because the kext patch in config.plist will suffice.

Here is the patch if anyone is interested (Under the Kernel and Kext Patches):

Name: com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find: ba050000 00
Replace: ba000000 00
Comment: Disable board-id check to prevent no signal © lvs1974, Pike R. Alpha, vit9696

Having the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext is mandatory along with the EmuVariableUEFI.efi. I installed the NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /Library/Extensions and fixed the permissions afterwards.

Sleep works Ok, I have sound after sleep (Using the CodecCommander in /System/Library/Extensions)  :)

I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS on my SkyLake machine. APFS on Seagate SATA 7200 RPM 500 GB HDD (For now)

Good luck to you all.

post-1011040-0-31960600-1506524910_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the answer. Yes I also tried installing NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext, no luck.

Btw, I can't install on emuvariabeuefi.efi, or any any clover folders because I am on a MacBook... 

oh, sorry, I though you were using a MacBook Pro SMBIOS, you are using an eGPU.