[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Native card injected on dsdt?

it makes no sense .. only it creates several problems..imho

I suggest you patch the clean dsdt again.
Do not inject anything about wifi.
Or delete the dsm method, rename the device with its original name

I didn't patch this file I think he grabbed t from somewhere else, right Matgen84?

• Like 1

I just edited the macOS High Sierra IO80211... file. It seems to be "Sierra version" in Beta 3 like other Beta. Now, reinstall don't work and load kexts: with message PCIe configuration failed at start.  

Remove the DSDT from ACPI and restore the original IO80211... with the original kext, @gengik84 found the problem which is in your DSDT.

I have seen... :lol:

But what is said, does not change

I'm not good with DSDT or programming I suck at it :D  :hysterical:  B)

• Like 1

Remove the DSDT from ACPI and restore the original IO80211... with the original kext, @gengik84 found the problem which is in your DSDT.

I'm not good with DSDT or programming I suck at it :D  :hysterical:  B)

Thanks. This DSDT is on original EFI folder from USB pen drive. And I have disabled Atheros wifi card in Bios.  :)  As I said, I restore original kext.

Now I try to delete DSDT  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Matgen84

Reinstall vanilla kext, rebuild cache ant try it...attachicon.gifDSDT.aml-Matgen84.zip

This is your dsdt taken from EFI-pendrive...but I corrected Arpt

Thanks I try it. How to rebuild cache? KCPM Utility Pro?.

Use this one instead, gengik84 already fixed it for you ;)

Thanks. This DSDT is on original EFI folder from USB pen drive. And I have disabled Atheros wifi card in Bios.  :)  As I said, I restore original kext.

Now I try to delete DSDT  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

Thanks I try it.

• Like 1

I saw you have a X99 system without Intel iGPU and featured a AMD RX 480, how do you boot into system without black screen?

I build a X99-A II + E5 2696 v3 + GTX970 system, I install 10.13 public beta, all okay, except no Nvidia driver support, so I buy a new video card RX460 and think it will be good and I can use RX460 until 10.13 and Nvidia release official version, but!! black screen issue!! I know it after black screen happened and googled!

I search a lots, and find no answers, so disappointed ...

Okay, just read it!

-----------------------------------

You need a helper card because the RX480 cannot be the primary GPU.  If it is the primary GPU, the driver crashes when it tries to initialize the card and you get a black screen.  

The only workaround at the moment is to set your primary GPU as the the 'helper card' in your BIOS, or if that is not an option, usually a motherboard will make the card in the first PCIE slot the primary.  So make sure your RX480 is NOT in this slot, and is in a different one.  The goal here is to make the computer/clover use the helper card.  You do not need anything plugged into it, but you should have your display plugged into the RX480.

If you did it correctly, you will get NO video on your display from the RX480 until right before the macOS desktop/login screen appears.  No BIOS post, no clover, no boot progress bar, nothing.  That is because it is sending the video to the 'helper' card because it is primary.  

If the RX480 is left untouched/unposted, then when the macOS AMD4100.kext driver loads (right at the end of the boot process), you will magically get accelerated video and the RX480 will work and you can ignore the helper card.  If you run into problems during boot, you have to manually plug your monitor into the helper card and see what's up.  

It's a less than ideal solution, but its what works for now.  

-----------------------------------

from here:

I tried to install 7770 and RX460 ... just keep rebooting... sad

Grazie mille and good job @gengik84: now I have wifi with your DSDT. Thanks also @cyberdev.  :D  :D  :D

It remains to be found silver icon issue: external drive showing as internal drive? 

• Like 1

Grazie mille and good job @gengik84: now I have wifi with your DSDT. Thanks also @cyberdev.  :D  :D  :D

It remains to be found silver icon issue: external drive showing as internal drive? 

Excellent !! thanks to @gengik84  :thumbsup_anim:  :yes:

• Like 2

Guys there's a new kext in /S/L/E called eficheck.kext which is an empty kext file with 0 KB. Does anybody know what is it?

This has been there since 10.12.4

This has been there since 10.12.4

I've never seen it before  :surprised: not in 10.12.4 not in 12.5 and not in any versions of macOS High Sierra until now. I've seen Pike's notes on that but never encountered it myself.

Do you know what does it do?

Yes it’s visible

Can you erase the disk? if disk utility can see the disk so the controller is ok, it might be a damage partition table. So if you don't have any data on it you can erase the disk with GUID partition scheme?!

Already tried to erase it but no matter in which format I tried to format it EFI still can’t be mounted.

You can try using disk part command from windows 8/10 installer by clearing the disk, but you need to know what you are doing because if not you might end up cleaning another disk by mistake and that's not good at all.

Already tried to erase it but no matter in which format I tried to format it EFI still can’t be mounted.

So you wiped the entire HDD/SSD and formatted it like in the screenshot below, reinstalled Sierra/High Sierra and you still cannot mount the EFI partition?

post-1303722-0-11354500-1499781763_thumb.png

Found at the end an better way which is much more save and which fixed my problem...

Took the old Disk Utility and repaired my drive with it since the new one sucks because it could not repair my drive at all!

Everything good again, it was at the end an mapping problem with the EFI partition!

@arsradu : yes that was so!

i installed fresh HS beta3 today.
battery indication still have issue since dp1. i think ACPIBattery need to read check or uncheck of battery indication option.
kept always disabled battery indication in power saving setting. after install HS beta3, some boot(1st, 2nd) has battery indication. 
but it's suddenly disappear. then i checked it, but still reset(unchecked) after reboot.
this problem is battery indication on menubar. not include basic battery features.

except battery indication, I have not found any special problems.

ps. Model name display is ugly. It is too messy.

I have reboot 5 times in succession to be sure to see if I did not have this problem.
I opened the menue Battery every time and I had no problem .

Found at the end an better way which is much more save and which fixed my problem...

Took the old Disk Utility and repaired my drive with it since the new one sucks because it could not repair my drive at all!

Everything good again, it was at the end an mapping problem with the EFI partition!

@arsradu : yes that was so!

Glad you managed to fix it. :)

Any details on that Disk Utility app? For future users who might stumble upon the same issue.

Which app did you use? Where did you get it from? Did you boot into Sierra and repaired the disk from there (by the way, that's exactly what I was about to suggest in case everything failed)?  :) How exactly did you do it?

What I'm saying is this: can you post a step by step of what you did and how you did it for other people to learn from you? After all, that's why we're posting here. Sharing our experiences could help someone else either avoid going through the same issue, or fix it if they already have the same issue. :)

• Like 1

I have reboot 5 times in succession to be sure to see if I did not have this problem.

I opened the menue Battery every time and I had no problem .

Please test

checked B.I(default) in power saving(this is fresh install status for me, this status is no problem)

manaully uncheck B.I in power saving, reboot, cant see B.I on menubar

Then checked B.I and reboot, cant see B.I on menubar.

Im never suspect battery patch. Because there is no problem in el capitan and sierra long time.

Also in system profiler and coconut battery, still no problem about battery.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Please test

checked B.I(default) in power saving(this is fresh install status for me, this status is no problem)

manaully uncheck B.I in power saving, reboot, cant see B.I on menubar

Then checked B.I and reboot, cant see B.I on menubar.

Im never suspect battery patch. Because there is no problem in el capitan and sierra long time.

Also in system profiler and coconut battery, still no problem about battery.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

This is the exact same issue I have. Even after sleep B.I remains in menubar but not on boot or reboot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is the exact same issue I have. Even after sleep B.I remains in menubar but not on boot or reboot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

yes. i checked all with debug. 

post-980913-0-94869500-1499785323_thumb.png

debug is no problem. i think we wait that rehabman's fix version. maybe after official HS release.