[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Updated fine from app store on my HackBook Pro after removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi or else i ran into OSInstall.mpkg error. After updating i got asked if i wanted to turn on filevault as well, yes my macOS High Sierra install is APFS. Still appearing to have battery bug but everything else working great.

post-1083558-0-58630100-1499745008_thumb.png

post-1083558-0-64612300-1499745057_thumb.png

• Like 1

Batter indicator no problem? Not disappear when reboot or sometimes

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

No everything is good Working verry well 

update from 10.13b2 to b3. After reboot and installation progress bar finished, I got error windows said something wrong with update preboot volume. Then I reboot again, the system is already 10.13b3 after confirmation window of sending data to apple. Wired

Glad i'm not the only one with this issue. Would like to know what patches / kexts others are using that do not have this problem.

update from 10.13b2 to b3. After reboot and installation progress bar finished, I got error windows said something wrong with update preboot volume. Then I reboot again, the system is already 10.13b3 after confirmation window of sending data to apple. Wired

What about rebuilding Preboot manually, `man diskutil` for more details, sorry I don't have 10.13 anymore and can't tell you details.

Patch DSDT ➤ Patch Baterie

with ACPIBatteryManager.kext

Battery patch is no problem. We dont have battery indicator issue in sierrra.

But in HS, battery indicator is disapper when reboot. Ofc if check battery indicator in power save on setting, we can see battery indicator on statusbar. But reboot, its disappear

• Like 1

i get stuck to kextd stall (240s) appleacpicpu when installing hs on thinkpad w520...what is problem?

Some times I get the same error specially after the installation is complete and the macOS is starting for the first time which a reboot will take care of it. I think it's related to the kext cache (not sure)

• Like 1

hi。。。i get stuck to kextd stall (240s) appleacpicpu when installing hs on thinkpad w520...what is problem?

Hello I can not update what will be?

You got the Public Beta installed separately. The Public Betas come with a different update repository than the developer builds. This is why this is happening. It will only give you builds for Public Beta testers. :)

Build 17A306f is for developers. That's why you didn't get it at first.

Anyway, I suppose LuCyr04's suggestion fixed it just fine. You can also use the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg to achieve the same result.

Just thought of jumping in with a little "why is this happening", since I had the same dilemma yesterday. :) And I think you remember a lot better how to fix the same issue next time if you know what caused it this time.

I installed the new beta from a clean start. 

My problem is now that I can't install clover... no matter which version I choose (4090/4094/4110). 

Getting an error in the Installation progress and thats it. 

Someone any idea what can be the problem ?

My problem is now that I can't install clover... no matter which version I choose (4090/4094/4110). 

SIP disabled?

I just updated to Clover 4114 (official build from SF) with no issues.

• Like 1

Official versions are 4097 and 4114.

Anyway, installation on APFS is not still supported.

My advice is install Clover manually.

• Like 2

SIP disabled?

I just updated to Clover 4114 (official build from SF) with no issues.

If I boot up Recovery HD and check the status it tells me that sip is deactivated.

@slice : I didn’t install it with apfs!

You say that the best way is to install clover manually but how ?

I can’t see any EFI partition which could be mounted so I can just add the files...