[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Strange. In bug/report thread, users reported that bus/qpi issue to me. Their boot is no problem.

Also you can see commit. I didnt change big code. Also that codes are not related hardware issue.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Well I'm still debugging the issue myself. It might not be related to your code at all, it simply might be some hardware problem on my side that I haven't checked yet, but as far as I know the hardware was working ok before the 4098 revision so that's why I assumed that the problem was related to clover.

Here is the link to my build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/akpsx478zdssqsv/Clover_v2.4k_r4098.pkg.zip?dl=0you I'll be appreciated if you could check it out and see if I made a mistake compiling it.

And this was my r4098 standard-slim built (w/o theme) 5 days ago Link. Using updated 05/01/17 BiosVersion on single config.plist to be used on both 10.11.6 & 10.13, except -lilubeta -alcbeta boot-args under GUI - Custom Entries section. I'm not sure if this help, but I always clear NVRAM after a new clean OS install succeeded with "sudo nvram -c && sudo purge". Thanks.  :)

config_A43SJ_i3-2330M_GT520M.plist.zip

• Like 2

Hi guys! I come here appealing to the developers of AppleALC, my Internal Speakers and Internal Microphone were working great with Sierra and with High Sierra DP1 , but since I updated to DP2 i have no sound anymore,

I use this layoutid

"layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                         0x1D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                         
                    }, 

I am using the latest AppleALC and the flags -alcbeta and -lilubeta, as you can see here in my EFI folder

I would really like some help... My ASUS X550LDV uses ALC233 and as I said something changed in DP2 that broke the audio.. Thanks in advance

post-1517295-0-85444100-1498471728_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-65249300-1498471760_thumb.png

EFI.zip

Here is my ioreg in case it is of help

MacBook Pro de Joe.zip

Hi guys! I come here appealing to the developers of AppleALC, my Internal Speakers and Internal Microphone were working great with Sierra and with High Sierra DP1 , but since I updated to DP2 i have no sound anymore,

I use this layoutid

"layout-id",                     Buffer (0x04)                    {                         0x1D, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                                             },
I am using the latest AppleALC and the flags -alcbeta and -lilubeta, as you can see here in my EFI folder

I would really like some help... My ASUS X550LDV uses ALC233 and as I said something changed in DP2 that broke the audio.. Thanks in advance

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2017-06-26 a las 11.16.57.png

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2017-06-26 a las 11.21.23.png

attachicon.gifEFI.zip

Here is my ioreg in case it is of help

attachicon.gifMacBook Pro de Joe.zip

My haswell laptop has alc3236 which at first i thought was alc233 not that it should matter as long as your using the correct layout and using layout 4 as you are my audio works using the beta flags. Have you tried a different layout?

Also without downloading your EFI folder do you have latest lilu.kext?

Also how did you get battery icon in HS? Mine works but I have to manually check the box every boot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tried layout id 4 as suggested as well as 3 but they don't seem to work... I wonder what is wrong

About the battery icon i don't know, it has been 100% reliable from Mavericks to High Sierra DP1

Did you put ethernet kext in clover? Try it if you don't :D

I have an plugin for IONetworkingFamily to get my ethernet working, can I put the whole IONetworkingFamily kext with plugin inside in clover?

Edit: Works, thanks man.

I'm new to hackintosh so I don't know what kexts I need.

If your new to hackintosh then I suggest you dont mess with High Sierra as its beta and stick with Sierra 10.12.

The 1 mandatory kext you always need is FakeSMC, followed by Ethernet and audio.

Depending on your hardware (no I havnt looked) will depend on which kext you need.

I suggest you go into the Sierra forums and find the appropriate section to post your hardware details and ask for help there as a pre release is not a good place to begin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm new to hackintosh so I don't know what kexts I need.

I don't see the model of your mainboard in your signature, but in general you'll need FakeSMC.kext to boot into macOS on any given PC, you'll need AppleALC.kext for audio, nVidaiGraphicsFixup.kext to avoid booting to black screen, Lilu.kext for activating the Audio and Graphics.

You might also need some other kexts for other hardware in your system.

Kext or Kernel Extensions are basically as same as Drivers in windows.

So if you need more information let us know and we'll get you up and running :)

But consider what @SavageAUS said, and for having a better experience try to install macOS Sierra first and then you can test with macOS High Sierra later. 

take a look here for more information on KabyLake at: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321872-guide-sierra-on-mobos-serie-200-kabylake-dsdt/page-1?hl=+kabylake

Good luck :)

Update:

I forgot the ethernet kext, for most intel LAN adapters you can use IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Thanks everyone. I was conscerned using Sierra because I don't have the ability of to use the igpu. Does that make a difference?I'm currently running Sierra on VMware. I have extra ssd's to practice on so I'm not too concerned with initial results . The motherboard is a clevo laptop z170. I'll do some more research give it a shot and report back.

UPDATE: The sound works only when playing sytem sounds and videos in Safari. Trying to play a Youtube video in Firefox results in nothing.... Guess I will switch to this new Safari :D

I followed this post carefully from the beginning.
I created a usb installer with create instal media for 10,13, beta
I used clover 4097
After the complete installation, I upgraded via appstore to 10,13, beta 2
All is ok and my msi rx 460 works fine
(Thanks for all the tips I can read here)

post-1879825-0-62749000-1498507578_thumb.png

Your installations is still slow as

a turtle even in DP2?

On SSD? Nope. HDD, yes.

I used clover 4097

Do you have a first stage boot with the RX 460? Do you need any tricks to make it show the first stage boot?

I used clover 4097

wich fixes did you use to get the rx 460 to be properly detected and working? how do you get the haswell gt1 recognized?

wich fixes did you use to get the rx 460 to be properly detected and working? how do you get the haswell gt1 recognized?

No  fixes :

Just set bios IGP (not PEG)

DVi or DP connected at the rx 460 on my first monitor

Dvi connected at the mobo on my second monitor

Not like in Sierra both monitors are initiated at the same time

I can boot without wire connected at the mobo  if i prefere to use only my first monitor.

For my CPU G1840 celeron

i use :

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>

<key>FakeCPUID</key>

<string>0x0306A0</string>

.../...

<key>Devices</key>

<dict>

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>

<key>IntelGFX</key>

<string>0x04128086</string>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<dict>

<key>Intel</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>ig-platform-id</key>

<string>0x0a260006</string>

Piker-Alpha ssdt.PRGen.sh

Patched DSDT

Lilu kext

Intelgraphicsfixup Kext

FakeCPUID kext

FakeGPUsensor kext

In High Sierra all is ok with 1536 mo vram size.

Do you put ethernet kext in your kext folder of your usb installer?

No I'll go back and make sure I have all the kexts for my hardware. I have killer LAN e2400, is there a basic Ethernet kexts I can use to get running or do I need to go through the procedure to use mieze's kext? Thanks again. I got really exited when I saw it boot though.