[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Its not Slow on SSD  :D

@chris1111

hi chris. i have a question.

i research mac os image. since snow leopard to mountain lion, just only restore InstallESD.img(not copy kernel and pkg) in diskutility? right?

and since mavericks to macos high sierra, apple use createinstallmedia(also can use basesystem restore and copy kernel and pkg) in mac os app?

im sure snow leopard basically support InstallESD image(restore image).

but not sure lion and mountain lion, because apple support upgrade lion and mountain lion image from appstore like mavericks and yosemite and new.

i see your mac os install exprience.

i want to know vanilla files structure of lion and ml.

sorry my english

thanks in advance

Hi Sherloks

Snow leopard dont haves InstallESD.dmg 

Mac OS X Lion Yes

Dont understand your question about Restore (not copy kernel and pkg) in Disk Utility

sorry  :P

Thanks but I mean the other way around.

Do I have to backup everything and format and restore everything?

You have to restore with recovery partition for example. Before backup everything.

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/FAQ/FAQ.html

Hi Sherloks

Snow leopard dont haves InstallESD.dmg

Mac OS X Lion Yes

Dont understand your question about Restore (not copy kernel and pkg) in Disk Utility

sorry :P

Sorry my english.

Summary my question

Snow leopard

-InstallDVD.dmg -> restore it to USB(no need to copy kernel and pkg)

Lion

-InstallESD -> restore it to USB(no need to copy kernel and pkg

But there is Mac OS X Lion Install.app from appstore(MAS). But still not shown creatmediainstall binary.

Mountain Lion

-same like Lion

Mavericks

-InstallESD.dmg -> restore Base.dmg and copy both Base*.* and pkg and kernel(not remember correctly)

-Ofc, there is MAS, but first see createmediainstall

Yosemite to High Sierra

-InstallESD.dmg like Mavericks

-MAS

Is it right?

Lion and ML is too old.

So i search vanilla image. But im not sure vanilla image. So ask you(not request file, i just wonder file structure) if you have it or remember.

Thank you

Added.

I got all.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Its not Slow on SSD  :D

DP 1 also was fast on SSD. :)

But I need to test it on HDD and see how it work. You know there are lots of computers that don't have SSD Gard drives and upgrading to SSD might not be an option. I'm talking about Apple iMacs prior to 2015. specially the 21.5" iMacs. There are several 27" iMacs models that have Fusion drive and but the rest don't. So unless the APFS gets fully optimized for HDDs or the issue get's fixed I'm gonna keep trying to learn more and test more with the HDD rather than the SSD.

So I just want to determine if APFS can be used on all computers or not.

So far APFS on HDD is slow at first and while loading the macOS and it's getting better and better over time.

But the best performance is achieved by using good old HFS for now.

• Like 1

I still have graphics issue (distortion from boot screen) with my HD4600 (mobile). Anyone experiencing the same ? It was working well with Sierra

I do on my Acer Aspire V3-772G, especially when reaching desktop (totally scrambled).

My workaround is to enter sleep mode then display is OK after wake but I still have some weird behaviors/glitches in some apps like Firefox for instance.

That's really annoying and I hoped Beta 2 will fix it but it didn't.

• Like 2

I do on my Acer Aspire V3-772G, especially when reaching desktop (totally scrambled).

My workaround is to enter sleep mode then display is OK after wake but I still have some weird behaviors/glitches in some apps like Firefox for instance.

That's really annoying and I hoped Beta 2 will fix it but it didn't.

Same here! And I used the same workaround to get it the right way. But it's annoying. Maybe next beta will fix it

Guys, does anybody have a fix for the Boot Logo Glitch? I still get it... By the way I dont use IntelGraphicsFixup because it just makes my High Sierra hang on boot.

I am using HD4400 and the boot logo fix for Sierra doesn't work for High Sierra

Guys, does anybody have a fix for the Boot Logo Glitch? I still get it... By the way I dont use IntelGraphicsFixup because it just makes my High Sierra hang on boot.

I am using HD4400 and the boot logo fix for Sierra doesn't work for High Sierra

I also have HD4400 intel graphics and im using IntelGraphicsFixup with the beta flag -igfxbeta along with sierra DP1 boot graphics glitch patch and i can barely see any glitch.

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.dp1 (credit denskop)</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQAAdSU=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQAA6yU=</data>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.12.x</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I also think someone on this thread asked for my config? I think? I hope? Oh well here it is.

config1013.plist.zip

post-1083558-0-60281600-1498299119_thumb.png

Also while i think of it, with sierra i had to use a custom EDID for my display preferences to load (fake 13" as apposed to 15") but with High Sierra i no longer need the custom EDID, not sure about latest Sierra but High Sierra i definitely do not use a custom EDID anymore as you can see in my attached config.plist.

post-1083558-0-52438700-1498299814_thumb.png

• Like 2

Sorry my english.

Summary my question

Snow leopard

-InstallDVD.dmg -> restore it to USB(no need to copy kernel and pkg)

Lion

-InstallESD -> restore it to USB(no need to copy kernel and pkg

But there is Mac OS X Lion Install.app from appstore(MAS). But still not shown creatmediainstall binary.

Mountain Lion

-same like Lion

Mavericks

-InstallESD.dmg -> restore Base.dmg and copy both Base*.* and pkg and kernel(not remember correctly)

-Ofc, there is MAS, but first see createmediainstall

Yosemite to High Sierra

-InstallESD.dmg like Mavericks

-MAS

Is it right?

Lion and ML is too old.

So i search vanilla image. But im not sure vanilla image. So ask you(not request file, i just wonder file structure) if you have it or remember.

Thank you

Added.

I got all.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Yes the Create Install Media start at 10 .9 Mavericks

I PM you  :)

• Like 1

for me on hd4400 i have glitch all the way to login screen like out of frequency screen i have to sleep and wake the machine for it to clear. savage are you sure that old glitch patch is being used? it's match os is set to 10.12.x not 10.13.x

did you try sudo pmset hibernatemode 0 for the sleep issue.

• Like 2

did you try sudo pmset hibernatemode 0 for the sleep issue.

System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        0
 sleep                0
 Sleep On Power Button 1
 ttyskeepawake        1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 autorestart          0
 disksleep            10
 displaysleep         10

did you check if in energy saver prefpane you have wake for ethernet enabled? also while installing clover there is an rc script to disable sleep proxy client.

No, doesn't have this option in energy saver.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Anyone have problems with waking from sleep? I got the dp2 almost fully working, the only problem is sleep.

Actually enters to sleep but not waking up, attached pmset log.

First machine in signature.

Here is the same thing. I think this is a beta problem.

• Like 1

Which kext do I have to change to get AMD RX480 instead of AMD R9 xxx 8GB in system pref? Do I have to change other kext as well? I have metal support and full acceleration.

I don't think can be fixed very easy with a kext...

You can try inject in clover.

Also I think it's just the name and doesn't affect performance.

• Like 1

For anyone having trouble upgrading from DP1 to High Sierra DP2, use this script in terminal by Pikeralpha: http://github.com/Piker-Alpha/HandyScripts/blob/master/install_1013_DP2.sh I kept getting the message about macOS can't install on this computer, then I found this script and was able to update from inside of DP1. Run the script, then go into tmp folder (unhide it) and run the installation file. All praise goes to pikeralpha. 

• Like 1