[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

Only AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext from 10.12.5? Or the whole /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext?

Only AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

I use AGDPFix v1.3 to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext in macOS 10.13 Beta 2: my SMBIOS Macpro6,1 don't have Black screen, now.

Waiting for Lilu  et NvidiaGraphicsFixup, ALC,... new release for High Sierra.

post-1110743-0-84991700-1498202781_thumb.png

• Like 2

I use AGDPFix v1.3 to patch AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext in macOS 10.13 Beta 2: my SMBIOS Macpro6,1 don't have Black screen, now.

Waiting for Lilu  et NvidiaGraphicsFixup, ALC,... new release for High Sierra.

Ehm. If you just simply patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (from 10.13 Beta 2 instead of 10.12.5 like @fabiosun mentioned) with AGDPFix, then Lilu & NvidiaGraphicsFixup should work properly, but you need these boot arguments besides them for them to work under 10.13:

-lilubeta -ngfxbeta

Alright, here is the untouched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext from 10.13 Beta 2 in case you don't have one to restore. :)

10.13_B2_17A291j_AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.zip

• Like 1

Ehm. If you just simply patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext (from 10.13 Beta 2 instead of 10.12.5 like @fabiosun mentioned) with AGDPFix, then Lilu & NvidiaGraphicsFixup should work properly, but you need these boot arguments besides them for them to work under 10.13:

-lilubeta -ngfxbeta

Alright, here is the untouched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext from 10.13 Beta 2 in case you don't have one to restore. :)

attachicon.gif10.13_B2_17A291j_AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext.zip

Thanks. I do that.

AGDFix make backup original kext AppleGraphicsControl, on my desktop with original Plugins. Bravo.  :) 

Sorry for my english

• Like 1

I hidden the Folder temporaire because I dont want to delete them  :)

There is nothing in it

captur12.png

@Chris1111

I also have the "AppleInternal" folder in the macOS root. I deleted it and after emptying the trash, I restarted the computer and it's there again. macOS will create it again.

Testing with conventional HDD - Second test on 6 GB/s HDD:

I finally managed to install macOS High Sierra on a 6 GB/s SATA Western Digital 7200 RPM disk. It is performing way better than the first DP but still takes a while too boot into a working state. macOS loads normally but until the whole finder loads it takes more than usual (comparing to macOS Sierra on HFS). Once it's loaded completely it works ok.

AMDRadeonX3000.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, IOAccelerator2D.plugin, IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext.

Thank you. With rollback my HD5450 in the Optiplex780 works now also without Injector iGPU.

Thank you for vanilla beta 2 kext

I did different test and noew I can confirm this:

with 10.13 beta 1/2

AGPD fix app, config1>none, lilu/nvidiaGraphicsFixup, clover kext to patch are not working in my rig (Smbios MacPro6.1)and all these method produce a black screen with no signal message

the only way to have old Nvidia web driver loaded and partially working is to change new AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext with 10.12.5 one and then on this change config1 to none in Macpro6.1 related part

Now I need a vanilla 10.12.5 AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext :-)

If someone can share... :-)

I guess, the real problem is your WebDriver. Note that Nvidia hasn't released any compatible version for 10.13.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

anybody have this on Beta 2 APFS format disk ?

captur11.png

Not only on APFS, also on HFS:

ljGd0x8.png

@ricoc90

Good luck man! :)

So I'll report back with a funny story:

When the 790 arrived I put the GT 710 in it and an empty SSD.

I installed High Sierra but it was painfully slow, just as it was on my 755. I thought that the GT 710 was he culprit.

The next day I placed the SSD's from my 755 in my 790. I did not reinstall macOS. I booted High Sierra and it ran as smooth as smooth could be  :lol:

i really have no clue what the problem is or was... but for now it's working so you won't hear me complain  :hysterical: 

Did not test APFS yet, I'll do a clean install on an HFS formatted HDD and one on an APFS formatted SSD later today and see how that goes

So I'll report back with a funny story:

When the 790 arrived I put the GT 710 in it and an empty SSD.

I installed High Sierra but it was painfully slow, just as it was on my 755. I thought that the GT 710 was he culprit.

The next day I placed the SSD's from my 755 in my 790. I did not reinstall macOS. I booted High Sierra and it ran as smooth as smooth could be  :lol:

i really have no clue what the problem is or was... but for now it's working so you won't hear me complain  :hysterical: 

Did not test APFS yet, I'll do a clean install on an HFS formatted HDD and one on an APFS formatted SSD later today and see how that goes

I'm glad that it worked out fine. some time despite all the calculations and all the assessments strange things happen. yesterday I was trying to download the DP2 and it wasn't going as it suppose to. I tried 5 times and each time it would give me a 14.5 MB installer, I tried everything and the results was the same. I had a clean install of macOS Sierra on my other PC and it wasn't working. so I decided to download with my main PC and guess what? I started to download and it completed without any errors.

The only thing that I suspect is that I have my Apple ID set in my main PC and the other one wasn't activated by any Apple IDs.

So I think that's the challenge of discovering new things that makes Hackintosh so fun :D

I don't have an AppleInternal folder here, but I do have one called vm containing swapfile0.

I had that (the vm folder) with DP1 and I also had it on a MacBook Pro with a clean install of macOS Sierra.

I just made it hidden. So I don't think that's hackintosh related.

Hi guys.

I was wondering if there's any way we can convert partition from APFS to HFS.

The experience is not so perfect even with SSD.

Is what you want to convert HFS+ to APFS ?

Verry easy, if you want convert the boot drive, you need another existing High Sierra to convert because the boot drive is Unmount

Command Convert HFS+ to APFS (exemple disk4s2)

diskutil ap convert disk4s2

Wait and reboot

Use with precaution  :angel: