[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

@cyberdevs tested 4 hdds 3 WD/one seagate no work on hs/via sata or seagate backup plus usb 3.0 drive caddy also kingston ssd now v300 60gb not working. only one working so far is toshiba ssd q series pro 256gb. not tested samsung 850 pro 128gb yet. testing done via clover 4098 and beta1and hfsplus and apfs.efi from beta 2

• Like 1

@cyberdevs tested 4 hdds 3 WD/one seagate no work on hs/via sata or seagate backup plus usb 3.0 drive caddy also kingston ssd now v300 60gb not working. only one working so far is toshiba q series pro 256gb. not tested samsung 850 pro 128gb yet

Thanks for the reply.

I just downloaded the DP Installer and I'm going to give it a test on a 2.5" SATA WD 750 GB and see how it works.

The first DP was a disaster regarding the mechanical HDDs I tested it on 4 different types of HDDs and it was a no go. I mean it was so slow. 

So I will test the ned DP to see how it works and I will post my test results here.

Thanks again :)

Installed from safe boot with kext utility and still can't boot, only in safe boot

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

If you have ATIInject checked, uncheck it.

If you have ATIInject checked, uncheck it.

Tried with inject and without inject, actually the PC is freezing when reaching the IOGraphics line.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ok guys,

APFS is no go on a WDC 750 GB 5400 RPM that was connected to a 3.0 GB/s SATA port.

Next test will be on a 1TB WDC 7200 RPM on a 6.0 GB/s SATA port.

Fingers crossed.

Ok guys,

APFS is no go on a WDC 750 GB 5400 RPM that was connected to a 3.0 GB/s SATA port.

Next test will be on a 1TB WDC 7200 RPM on a 6.0 GB/s SATA port.

Fingers crossed.

I screwup one of my HD WD250BEKT  last week with APFS Install  :P

Garbage :hysterical: 

I used this only in SSD and its the best  B)

• Like 2

I screwup one of my HD WD250BEKT  last week with APFS Install  :P

Garbage :hysterical:

I used this only in SSD and its the best  B)

Bummer!

It really takes the juice out of the platters  :hysterical:

I even tried installing DP1 on a 14,3 iMac and it didn't even boot!

Bummer!

It really takes the juice out of the platters  :hysterical:

I even tried installing DP1 on a 14,3 iMac and it didn't even boot!

I think APFS file system is optimise for SSD but maybe I am wrong ?

I think APFS file system is optimise for SSD but maybe I am wrong ?

Actually you're right but Apple claims that it would work with traditional hard disks as well.

Compatibility

Can I use Apple File System with my existing hard disk drive?

Yes. Apple File System is optimized for Flash/SSD storage, but can also be used with traditional hard disk drives (HDD) and external, direct-attached storage.

Can I reshare APFS-formatted volumes using a network file-sharing protocol?

Yes, you can share APFS-formatted volumes using the SMB or NFS network file-sharing protocol.

You cannot share APFS-formatted volumes using AFP. The AFP protocol is deprecated.

Can I use my third-party disk utilities with an APFS-formatted hard disk?

Existing third-party utilities may need to be updated to support Apple File System. Consult the utility's documentation, or contact the vendor for compatibility information.

Can I boot macOS 10.13 from an APFS-formatted hard disk?

Yes. macOS 10.13 supports Apple File System for both bootable and data volumes.

Source:

https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/APFS_Guide/FAQ/FAQ.html

anybody have this on Beta 2 APFS format disk ?

captur11.png

I formatted the drive I can't confirm it right now but after I install it on a new hard disk I will let you know if have it or not.

• Like 1

I formatted the drive I can't confirm it right now but after I install it on a new hard disk I will let you know if have it or not.

I hidden the Folder temporaire because I dont want to delete them  :)

There is nothing in it

captur12.png

• Like 1

I use to change this:

<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>

<string>none</string>

config1>none
from time ago it works for me
with other methods I have problem (maybe I am not able to use it in right way!

hi, you enable nvidia without webdriver?

Beta 2 install issue

For those of you having difficulties installing with message /System/Installation/Packages/macOSUpd10.13.pkg not found, build one.  You'll find the macOSUpd10.13.pkg in the install libraries after the updoad.  Just copy the Macinstall version into the path and do the install as normal.

i really will like to take high sierra for a test drive but i'm going to wait a little bit more

the good news about native nvme support is awesome, it make everything easier and simple but i will also like native nvidia support

i mean OS X default web drivers already integrated on HS for at least hand full # of cards

i had two 970 gaming sold them both and bought myself a 1080 gaming

yes the card does work perfectly fine but having native support is much better than having to wait for web drivers to have full acceleration

is really no big deal, i will live anyway

but it will be awesome to be able to install high sierra and have OS X default web drivers native support

Who said anything about having native Nvidia Pascal support?

@PMHeart

For graphic policy i have to use old 10.12.5 policy kext patched with config1>none

Other method are not working for me

Only AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext from 10.12.5? Or the whole /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext?

• Like 1