[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I use SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5 from EMlyDinEsH without any issues. Supports Elan, Synaptics and FocalTech

I was prepared to really like your kext.  It loaded just fine from Clover/kexts.  It had quite a bit of log entries when I booted in verbose mode but it wasn't too bad.  It worked great when I booted up and the preference pane loaded perfectly.  However, twice, within 10 minutes of normal use, the trackpad froze on me and I had to plug in a USB mouse in order to reboot.  Also, I lost my custom key bindings that I had added to my DSDT to control screen brightness.

I suspect that this kext works better for Elan trackpads than Synaptics.  That's just my hunch.  In any event, I went back to RehabMan's most current VoodooPS2Controller.kext and, because I had set the advanced settings with the kext I posted above, those settings had been saved so I now have click-to-tap even though there is no preference pane that allows me to select that option.

I will keep an eye on the SmartTouchpad kext.  I think it is a good driver for the right hardware and may still work better on my laptop in the future.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Well I tried using the kext and the ig-platform-id 0x59120000 and i lost graphics acceleration ....... and still no hdmi sound is there something else i may be missing i have a fake id on the cpu and the graphics tho

You need special build 10.12.5 16F2073... It have native Kaby Lake support. So you don't need fakeid or something else. Also your graphics should be injected with Arbitrary array and Graphics->Inject->Intel should be "false".

For installing 16F2073 download update https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1921?locale=en_US

Change in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist ProductBuildVersion to 16F2073

post-1069282-0-61167000-1497593059_thumb.png

Reboot. Install update.

Then make changes in config.plist for Kaby Lake CPU and Graphics:

- delete FakeCPUID (use # before FakeCPUID) and also delete FakeID for IntelGFX (use # before IntelGFX)

post-1069282-0-22038700-1497593783_thumb.pngpost-1069282-0-74708900-1497594030_thumb.png

- Use Graphics_>Inject->Intel="false"

post-1069282-0-54654100-1497593452_thumb.png

- Inject graphics with Arbitrary array

post-1069282-0-20905400-1497593513_thumb.png

Add in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other latest versions of Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and also add my AppleALC with Kaby Lake HDMI audio support.

• Like 6

I was prepared to really like your kext. It loaded just fine from Clover/kexts. It had quite a bit of log entries when I booted in verbose mode but it wasn't too bad. It worked great when I booted up and the preference pane loaded perfectly. However, twice, within 10 minutes of normal use, the trackpad froze on me and I had to plug in a USB mouse in order to reboot. Also, I lost my custom key bindings that I had added to my DSDT to control screen brightness.

I suspect that this kext works better for Elan trackpads than Synaptics. That's just my hunch. In any event, I went back to RehabMan's most current VoodooPS2Controller.kext and, because I had set the advanced settings with the kext I posted above, those settings had been saved so I now have click-to-tap even though there is no preference pane that allows me to select that option.

I will keep an eye on the SmartTouchpad kext. I think it is a good driver for the right hardware and may still work better on my laptop in the future. Thanks.

Yeah it works great for me. Volume keys work without mods and brightness keys is an easy dsdt patch. Maybe try an earlier version? Or just stick with what works ;-)

I'm reinstalling all os on my laptop at the moment as I couldn't boot windows and macOS would load but nothing would work, like no apps would open etc... only happened since I upgraded to high sierra. Windows would stall at b1 initialize library failed 0xc00000bb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clover 4090 allows you to use apfs.efi driver.

From where to get such recent versions? On sourceforge not appearing

I was missing the ability to tap to click and, like everyone else, my trackpad prefpane was empty when I went into System Preferences.  I remember having this problem when Sierra first came out and there was a fix for it.  I tried to do the same fix using Sierra and High Sierra and it didn't work.  But I found an old version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext that was forked by usr-sse2 (I think it was him.)  However, it has the modern preferences and they open in High Sierra.  It's not perfect.  It appears to add a copy of the Trackpad.pref to User/Library/PreferencePanes in addition to the one in System/Library/PreferencePanes.  I deleted the extra one with no ill-effect.  Also, the settings have to be set even if it looks like they are selected when I first open the prefpane.  I need to unclick and reclick each setting that I want selected.  Lastly, there are keyboard functions that DO NOT work with this version, such as zoom (Ctrl-Scroll Up) or alt-T to open a new tab in Sierra.  If anyone wants the advanced settings for their PS2 trackpad, here's a start:

attachicon.gifVoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

I do not work very well the elan when I move the cursor. What I did was add its latest version, activate the features and return to the rehabman. There I have the click but without prefpane.

• Like 1

I was missing the ability to tap to click and, like everyone else, my trackpad prefpane was empty when I went into System Preferences.  I remember having this problem when Sierra first came out and there was a fix for it.  I tried to do the same fix using Sierra and High Sierra and it didn't work.  But I found an old version of RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.kext that was forked by usr-sse2 (I think it was him.)  However, it has the modern preferences and they open in High Sierra.  It's not perfect.  It appears to add a copy of the Trackpad.pref to User/Library/PreferencePanes in addition to the one in System/Library/PreferencePanes.  I deleted the extra one with no ill-effect.  Also, the settings have to be set even if it looks like they are selected when I first open the prefpane.  I need to unclick and reclick each setting that I want selected.  Lastly, there are keyboard functions that DO NOT work with this version, such as zoom (Ctrl-Scroll Up) or alt-T to open a new tab in Sierra.  If anyone wants the advanced settings for their PS2 trackpad, here's a start:

attachicon.gifVoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

If you want your trackpad settings back, copy the OldTrackpadTab.nib from El Capitan /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Resources/yourlanguage.lproj to High Sierra /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Trackpad.prefPane/Contents/Resources/yourlanguage.lproj 

post-448675-0-00463200-1497637167_thumb.png

• Like 1

Clover 4090 allows you to use apfs.efi driver.

I still don't see my apfs partition using Clover 4090 unless I add apfs.efi to Clover/drivers64.  I think the focus for Clover developers has been on UEFI booting.  My laptop does not use UEFI although my boot partition is the EFI partition on my system drive.

I am also just trying to get High Sierra installed but the Disk Utility Program is extremely low it needs more then 10 Minutes to detect the HDD and also needs a very long time until the HDD is formatted. Is this a known Bug or is there maybe something faulty with my Install Media? I use the latest Clover Version 4090.

You need special build 10.12.5 16F2073... It have native Kaby Lake support. So you don't need fakeid or something else. Also your graphics should be injected with Arbitrary array and Graphics->Inject->Intel should be "false".

For installing 16F2073 download update https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1921?locale=en_US

Change in /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist ProductBuildVersion to 16F2073

attachicon.gif267315_6f61f1106f70d81a38a864539d702361.png

Reboot. Install update.

Then make changes in config.plist for Kaby Lake CPU and Graphics:

- delete FakeCPUID (use # before FakeCPUID) and also delete FakeID for IntelGFX (use # before IntelGFX)

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-06-16 в 09.21.06.pngattachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-06-16 в 09.31.33.png

- Use Graphics_>Inject->Intel="false"

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-06-16 в 09.20.48.png

- Inject graphics with Arbitrary array

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2017-06-16 в 09.20.34.png

Add in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other latest versions of Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and also add my AppleALC with Kaby Lake HDMI audio support.

Finally :) 

I was able to get HDMI audio to work 

You are a god !!!!! 

Thanks a lot for this 

• Like 1

I am also just trying to get High Sierra installed but the Disk Utility Program is extremely low it needs more then 10 Minutes to detect the HDD and also needs a very long time until the HDD is formatted. Is this a known Bug or is there maybe something faulty with my Install Media? I use the latest Clover Version 4090.

Same here. Not sure what may be the cause.

qlmbGER.jpg

i am getting this on 2nd stage of installation. any idea why i am getting this error.

i used clover 4084 tried with and without firmware mask but getting same error.

Try later version of clover and make sure you have new bios ver and date.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I want to use smbios for the new macbook pro. 

Product Name: MacBookPro14,3

Bios Version: MBP143.88Z.0160.B00.1705090111

Board-ID: Mac-551B86E5744E2388

Usually I generate my serials with clover configurator. How can I generate a serial for this macbook pro because MacBookPro14,3 is not even in clover configurator?

Hi, here are the new patches to bypass some nvram checks for 10.13:

As for

__ZN13AppleEFINVRAM11setPropertyEPK8OSSymbolP8OSObjectb

you need

0F 85 1E 01 00 00 -> 90 90 90 90 90 90

And as for

__ZN13AppleEFINVRAM14removePropertyEPK8OSSymbolb

you need

74 0B 48 83 -> EB 0B 48 83

I want to use smbios for the new macbook pro. 

Product Name: MacBookPro14,3

Bios Version: MBP143.88Z.0160.B00.1705090111

Board-ID: Mac-551B86E5744E2388

Usually I generate my serials with clover configurator. How can I generate a serial for this macbook pro because MacBookPro14,3 is not even in clover configurator?

That could be undone unless Clover Configurator gets updated, as an alternative, you may try Cloud Clover Editor, which is updated much faster than CC, as you can see, it has already contained MBP14,x SMBios info.

Edited by PMheart
  • Like 2

Dont know if this will help at all. But the only way ive been able to get High sierra to work right is to clone my 10.12.5 drive to another. Then install latest Clover 4091 to it. Boot into the new cloned 10.12.5 drive. Mount efi and copy over the attached clover folder. Im using an Imac 14.2 Smbios but it has seemed to work flawless for me. Then run the 10.13 installer beta from inside to OS. Chose to upgrade to APFS and let the installer do its thing. After each reboot be sure to manually boot to that drive after each reboot to finish the install process. Im adding my clover folder which have all the files that have been recently posted throughout the thread. I take no credit for this work. Theres alot of people here that have forgotten more than i know about mac installs and they deserve the credit.  

CLOVER.zip

• Like 2

i am getting this on 2nd stage of installation. any idea why i am getting this error.

i used clover 4084 tried with and without firmware mask but getting same error.

Try this.  It worked for me when I had the same problem.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2438129

Also make sure you have an appropriate SMBIOS.  I usually use MBP9,2 but to install High Sierra, I had to switch to MBP9,1.  I was able to revert back to 9,2 after installation.  I have no idea what SMBIOS is right for you since you didn't post the specs for your computer in your signature.

This is the only way that has worked for me and is so simple.

#1073 icon_share.png
Posted Yesterday, 12:13 PM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• photo-thumb-555267.png?_r=1456644300
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:informatique, développement et Hacknitosh

@Rockey12

High Sierra 10.13 Beta:

Everything works audio, wifi, network, usb, bluetooh ... for now, there is only graphic acceleration that does not go, but I knew it (GTX960, for now I test several chosen). I will post afterwards comment I installed (odd, car I have not stopped to take my head for my SSD, but this is a function of the first shot). I wanted to reward for your dedication to this forum. Thanks again.

To Install High Sierra on HP Z400 without problems:

First, you will need to install Install MacOS 10.13 Beta.app in your Applications folder.

Then you will have to right-click, then display Show Package Contents / Contents / Shared Support and from there mount InstallESD.dmg.
Once mounted, you will find the folder Packages and Core.pkg.

Double-click Core.pkg and install MacOS to the desired partition, SSD, or HDD (previously formatted in HFS +).

When finished, mount BaseSystem.dmg and then copy System / Library / CoreServices / boot.efi and paste it to the same location, but on the installed drive.

Start it with your existing Clover (r4089) and within seconds you will reach the desktop screen.

Enjoy High Sierra!

I will love to come back.

@ Chris1111

As always a big thank you to you for your work, because it is widely in part thanks to you! thank you
Attached Files

• Like 1

I installed High Sierra on my HP Z400 by upgrading a disk with Sierra 10.12.5 using an old Clover version (3650), the install went smooth and no problem at all, audio works and WiFi too, but my video card Nvidia Quadro 2000 will display the desktop in safe mode only, no acceleration at all. Still testing...

HP Z400 Xeon W3690, 12Gb, Quadro 2000, Mac OS X 10.13 beta

This is the only way that has worked for me and is so simple.

#1073 icon_share.png
Posted Yesterday, 12:13 PM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• photo-thumb-555267.png?_r=1456644300
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:informatique, développement et Hacknitosh

@Rockey12

High Sierra 10.13 Beta:

Everything works audio, wifi, network, usb, bluetooh ... for now, there is only graphic acceleration that does not go, but I knew it (GTX960, for now I test several chosen). I will post afterwards comment I installed (odd, car I have not stopped to take my head for my SSD, but this is a function of the first shot). I wanted to reward for your dedication to this forum. Thanks again.

To Install High Sierra on HP Z400 without problems:

First, you will need to install Install MacOS 10.13 Beta.app in your Applications folder.

Then you will have to right-click, then display Show Package Contents / Contents / Shared Support and from there mount InstallESD.dmg.
Once mounted, you will find the folder Packages and Core.pkg.

Double-click Core.pkg and install MacOS to the desired partition, SSD, or HDD (previously formatted in HFS +).

When finished, mount BaseSystem.dmg and then copy System / Library / CoreServices / boot.efi and paste it to the same location, but on the installed drive.

Start it with your existing Clover (r4089) and within seconds you will reach the desktop screen.

Enjoy High Sierra!

I will love to come back.

@ Chris1111

As always a big thank you to you for your work, because it is widely in part thanks to you! thank you
Attached Files

Hi jaymack! I saw that you installed the High Sierra on a machine that has no auxiliary video. Are you getting video acceleration?

• Like 1