[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

[off topic on]

the whole [pre-releases] macOS Sierra topic (GM included) has a total of 39 pages... here [pre-releases] macOS High Sierra Beta 1 itself already has 40 pages.

If it is not the love, I do not know what it is.

:lol:   :P

[off topic off]

Not Love, but a little bit head ache here LoL  :lol: AppleAPFSContainer is interesting, it has own VM, Recovery, and Preboot partition needs update while installing new kext on LE or SLE I guess... about my EFI on GPT I'm not sure, why it plays "Hide & Seek", FYi it just damaged after installing 10.13 then I reformat it again. Funny.

[VIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

post-826765-0-95701900-1497222444_thumb.png

• Like 1

My X99 needs less patches that 's for sure. Not to mention the nvme and native support for the nano.

But really, after owning it for 3 years I'm hanging out for a new machine and liking the look of the next Apple X299 mobo and vega GPU  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Of course yes! If your signature is correct, I think you won't have many problems with setting your first machine up ^_^

Maybe you'll see an ACPI error, because you have a Haswell CPU, but you just have to drop MATS tables in the clover settings (several times mentioned in the thread).

And like cyberdevs already mentioned: Keep in mind what you want to do with it.

FWIW on my haswell laptop I never had to drop MATS but that could be because I drop oem due to using custom dsdt and ssdt's from sierra.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

i do not think drop OEM even works in clover any more. i had to manually disable a bunch of oddball tables to get my haswell laptop to boot.... then thats when i found out my DW1550 ac wifi combo card'sDSDT patches caused the next error. lol my laptop also did not have a MATS table.

If anyone want to back apfs -> hfs+,

I have one ssd and divided parition win and mac.

I cant back hfs+ in disk utility of usb installer. If erase apfs partition, partition has wrong.

So i have to boot windows. And in disk manager, erase mac partition(fat or ntfs). Then boot usb installer again.

Erase mac parition with hfs. And can install macos sierra.

I wanted to use daily macos. Im back sierra now.

Thanks

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

If anyone want to back apfs -> hfs+,

I have one ssd and divided parition win and mac.

I cant back hfs+ in disk utility of usb installer. If erase apfs partition, partition has wrong.

So i have to boot windows. And in disk manager, erase mac partition(fat or ntfs). Then boot usb installer again.

Erase mac parition with hfs. And can install macos sierra.

I wanted to use daily macos. Im back sierra now.

Thanks

Sherlocks Yep bro, i saw that. Im using Paragon Hard Disk manager to Initialize disks than reformat as HFS+

Sad news its APFS uses container mode filesystem and dualboot between HS and Win not possible atm with APFS formatted disk using same SSD on both OSes.

I've used MSR 0xE2 patch. Will the same patch work on High Sierra? (BTW, I've tried that already, it didn't work).

Here's the config.plist.

@muntashir: The patch is different now but why you wanna patch it in clover if you can also modify your bios file and it will work flawless without patches on every Platform you install??? 

CodeRush's UEFI patch

I'm using the same patch as for Sierra and works for me.

@muntashir: The patch is different now but why you wanna patch it in clover if you can also modify your bios file and it will work flawless without patches on every Platform you install??? 

CodeRush's UEFI patch

Because it's a brand-new laptop, not even a month old and I neither want to void my warranty nor mess up my BIOS.

I'm using the same patch as for Sierra and works for me.

That's pretty weird.

I don't advice you to do this kind of operation if you dont have dual BIOS. Its risky and could brick your motherboard's BIOS then you'll have to wait a lot to be replaced or repaired in warranty.

Sherlocks Yep bro, i saw that. Im using Paragon Hard Disk manager to Initialize disks than reformat as HFS+

Sad news its APFS uses container mode filesystem and dualboot between HS and Win not possible atm with APFS formatted disk using same SSD on both OSes.

I used dual boot HS(apfs) and win7(ntfs). But i cant see recovery partition. Can use dual boot on one ssd.

Can't you use dualboot right? Sorry my english

I used dual boot HS(apfs) and win7(ntfs). But i cant see recovery partition. Can use dual boot on one ssd.

I didn't managed to dual boot HS (APFS) with Windows NTFS on same SSD.

From my experience so far even installing 10.13 on a single drive with apfs there is no recovery partition like there is with hfs. Is it possible that the other thingy that emulates a drive (will fill in more when i remember it) is the "recovery" and we just don't know how to access it?......yet.

From my experience so far even installing 10.13 on a single drive with apfs there is no recovery partition like there is with hfs. Is it possible that the other thingy that emulates a drive (will fill in more when i remember it) is the "recovery" and we just don't know how to access it?......yet.

The Recovery partition is there, but it is now in APFS. Try to run 'diskutil list' in terminal. In APFS container there are: Preboot partition for FileVault, OS Partition and Recovery Partition.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that confusing about AppleAPFSContainer...  :lol:

post-826765-0-71211800-1497264766_thumb.png

CodeRush's UEFI patch

On a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with F21 BIOS, the patch runs successfully on the firmware image (after updating the patches.txt file from the original repository) but won't update in the BIOS ("invalid BIOS image"). So F21 BIOS still needs to use the Clover patch it seems

What kextS do i need inorder to prevent my intel graphcs 630 from going to a completely blackscreen at login on my notebook? I'm trying to get acceleration also.

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Plus the following boot flags:

-alcbeta -lilubeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta

see post #685

still

Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Plus the following boot flags:

-alcbeta -lilubeta -igfxbeta -shikibeta

see post #685

Still black screen with white dot in the upper left corner. This is a kaby lake dell xps intel 630 notebook