Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

So, just sharing my experiences so far installing HS. For the first two points below, I always got the "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error. Over and over again. No matter what I do.

1. Direct update works (from a working version of macOS), as long as you're not booting from a Clover enabled USB drive (meaning a bootable USB drive with High Sierra). Something gets officially screwed when you install Clover onto the USB drive.

So, you can update Clover on the SSD/HDD (to have working injection in High Sierra), boot from it, download High Sierra Beta app onto the Application folder and update your current OS with it using the Clover installation on the SSD/HDD. 

2. USB installation works, as long as you make the USB drive using the createinstallmedia method and you do not add Clover to the EFI partition. Basically keep the USB in its default version, with no Clover on it.

For this case, you will need to boot from a working SSD/HDD with Clover on it to be able to load the installer.

3. Installation on HFS format works fine. However, trying to boot an almost completely installed APFS version (I was probably at the last reboot before desktop) got me stuck in loading. I didn't get the chance to check verbose yet, but I will if it's important. It basically kinda hangs, just like when you don't have FakeSMC.kext. Now, of course that's not the case here. The same Clover can boot Sierra from 3 partitions on the same HDD. So it's not that. But it just hangs on boot. Not sure why. Also, yes, I do have apfs.efi in driver64uefi folder. So if that driver is responsible for this issue....well, I don't know.

Did anyone manage to get High Sierra running on APFS format?

For as far as I can see from the installation on my MBP, it creates some hidden partitions (see below). Not sure if in my case (on the hack), it just didn't get the chance to do it, or...it would not do it anyway, due to other issues. But that APFS partition with the almost completely installed High Sierra doesn't look like the screenshot (I checked it from another partition). It looks like a regular HFS partition, although it's not (it says format APFS).

post-1303722-0-77831500-1496869195_thumb.png

• Like 3

got that hidden partition , too. and since this is the case, CLOVER installer did NOT update the EFI folder on selected disks EFI-partition: No, it always creates a new EFI folder in the root folder of selected Disk instead!

Could be a bug of APFS, cause the hidden partition has the exact same size as the volume it sits on.

got that hidden partition , too. and since this is the case, CLOVER installer did NOT update the EFI folder on selected disks EFI-partition: No, it always creates a new EFI folder in the root folder of selected Disk instead!

Could be a bug of APFS, cause the hidden partition has the exact same size as the volume it sits on.

Yes. Reported.

I think we need to fix clover install script if we have apfs partition.

Efi mount manual is nop(clover configurator too)

Temp solution, mount efi(cc or manual command), copy

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Well, for me Kext Injection is now working too. Sound etc. is no problem, but even though the 0x67EF1002 provided in most of the graphics kexts in S/L/E it still doesn't boot with acceleration. It says, it had 4Gb VRAM but no transparency in Dock etc. The fans are also spinning at max. And the strangest thing: with frame buffer Exmoore (yes with e) it boots. With Exmoor it shows just a black picture.

Graphics kexts loaded (iGPU off): AMD9500Controller, AMD9510Controller, AMD9515Controller, AMD9520Controller, X4100, X4150, X4200, AMDFramebuffer, AMDSupport but no transparency :(

I have same problem with HD 5870, did you solved? I can't reach desktop with 10.13 kexts without safe boot, with 10.12.6 beta kexts I reach desktop without safe boot but no graphics.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi guys.

So, just sharing my experiences so far installing HS. For the first two points below, I always got the "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error. Over and over again. No matter what I do.

1. Direct update works (from a working version of macOS), as long as you're not booting from a Clover enabled USB drive (meaning a bootable USB drive with High Sierra). Something gets officially screwed when you install Clover onto the USB drive.

So, you can update Clover on the SSD/HDD (to have working injection in High Sierra), boot from it, download High Sierra Beta app onto the Application folder and update your current OS with it using the Clover installation on the SSD/HDD. 

2. USB installation works, as long as you make the USB drive using the createinstallmedia method and you do not add Clover to the EFI partition. Basically keep the USB in its default version, with no Clover on it.

For this case, you will need to boot from a working SSD/HDD with Clover on it to be able to load the installer.

3. Installation on HFS format works fine. However, trying to boot an almost completely installed APFS version (I was probably at the last reboot before desktop) got me stuck in loading. I didn't get the chance to check verbose yet, but I will if it's important. It basically kinda hangs, just like when you don't have FakeSMC.kext. Now, of course that's not the case here. The same Clover can boot Sierra from 3 partitions on the same HDD. So it's not that. But it just hangs on boot. Not sure why. Also, yes, I do have apfs.efi in driver64uefi folder. So if that driver is responsible for this issue....well, I don't know.

Did anyone manage to get High Sierra running on APFS format?

For as far as I can see from the installation on my MBP, it creates some hidden partitions (see below). Not sure if in my case (on the hack), it just didn't get the chance to do it, or...it would not do it anyway, due to other issues. But that APFS partition with the almost completely installed High Sierra doesn't look like the screenshot (I checked it from another partition). It looks like a regular HFS partition, although it's not (it says format APFS).

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-06-08 at 12.10.21 AM.png

The same here, APFS is very slow on a HDD I’ve reinstalled it 3 times with the same result, but no issues with an SSD. The USB-Stick should work if you restore the BaseSytem.dmg and copy the "Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app" to it.

• Like 1

I have same problem with HD 5870, did you solved? I can't reach desktop with 10.13 kexts without safe boot, with 10.12.6 beta kexts I reach desktop without safe boot but no graphics.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

hello, :)

I searched in my bazaar and found an old core2duo e7500 (compacq 6000), I made some encouraging attempts, but I am wondering to place Apsf.efi correctly in Clover 4082.

cordially :)

I made the MBR patch yesterday.

But we can't pass the OSInstall.mpkg error with MBR installer first.

still can't start the installer, so, I did not upload it.

If you want to try it, here as attached with Enoch_2884 support 10.13 modified by myself.

attachicon.gifOSInstaller(MBR)10.13.db1.17A264c_Enoch2884.zip

Thanks, anyway.. it hangs on "Waiting for root device" with AppleUSBEHCPCI dependency problem while booting from USB2.0 Installer. Oops, here's "Clover General discussion".. really sorry I don't wanna confusing people. But for quick report, Enoch r2884 boot my pre-installed 10.13 from HFS+ Partition (previously using Core.pkg install method within 10.11.6).

• Like 2

My  AMD Radeon HD 7650M is not working in 10.12.5(clover 4077), it was previously working gr8 in 10.11.6(clover 3974)

how can i get it work again ! :(

EDID injection used?

My AMD Radeon HD 7650M is not working in 10.12.5(clover 4077), it was previously working gr8 in 10.11.6(clover 3974)

how can i get it work again ! :(

Upload your config and clover boot log

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Old cards are not supported because they didn't match new OS requirements.

And.. isn't any solution?

Edit: MacPro5,1 have HD 5770 and it's supported by High Sierra, also AMD5000 kext it's still there, I don't think it's a compatibility problem with 5870

My old HD 6670 became "legacy" already in Sierra and it doesn't support Metal. So now I am using embedded Intel HD530 and it is faster then AMD 6670 twice.

• Like 2

My old HD 6670 became "legacy" already in Sierra and it doesn't support Metal. So now I am using embedded Intel HD530 and it is faster then AMD 6670 twice.

I don't have any integrated Graphics :(

I still get "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" when booting with IGPU set primary and CSM enabled. Anyone with a clue how to fix it?

That way, i am unable to make test with the accelleration of various AMD cards. Found a lot of infos, i would like to proof.  So please, anyone able to help me?

For me, it was never a problem under SIERRA to switch between IGPU as primary and CSM enabled and GFX1 as primary and CSM disabled. But now this.

• Like 1

I have a fusion drive with 10.12.6 on it and I am trying to install 10.13 onto another HD.

I have a problem with Clover 4084 when installing High Sierra. When I start the install (either from the app under 10.12.6 or from a USB drive) it places the helper files on my second HD and then attempts to reboot.  But, ends up back in 110.12.6. When I stop it at Clover boot screen, the 10.13 disk is not listed as a boot option. If I look in BIOS the drive is visible. If I load 10.12.6 and look in finder or Disk Util the disk is there. If I mount an EFI partition is is loaded with Clover stuff. If I copy my EFI partition from my 10.12.6 to my 10.13 EFI participation the same thing happens - the Clover screen does not recognize the drive as being bootable and it is not listed.

What is Clover looking for to decide to list the drive on it's boot screen? 

BIOS is set for UEFI only anD ACHI, obviously since my 10.12.6 boots (with Clover 4084) with no problem.

Help?

I have a fusion drive with 10.12.6 on it and I am trying to install 10.13 onto another HD.

I have a problem with Clover 4084 when installing High Sierra. When I start the install (either from the app under 10.12.6 or from a USB drive) it places the helper files on my second HD and then attempts to reboot.  But, ends up back in 110.12.6. When I stop it at Clover boot screen, the 10.13 disk is not listed as a boot option. If I look in BIOS the drive is visible. If I load 10.12.6 and look in finder or Disk Util the disk is there. If I mount an EFI partition is is loaded with Clover stuff. If I copy my EFI partition from my 10.12.6 to my 10.13 EFI participation the same thing happens - the Clover screen does not recognize the drive as being bootable and it is not listed.

What is Clover looking for to decide to list the drive on it's boot screen? 

BIOS is set for UEFI only anD ACHI, obviously since my 10.12.6 boots (with Clover 4084) with no problem.

Help?

Hey there,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/324194-pre-release-macos-high-sierra/page-19?do=findComment&comment=2438594

Best regards.

• Like 1

Not sure if it matters. I turned on the debug output for binary patching and found this.

http://imgur.com/InzkK1i

As you can see, it said fakecpuid patch tried lots of os version. So I'd like to know if the patch needs updating for 10.13 or it just works fine.

I still get "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" when booting with IGPU set primary and CSM enabled. Anyone with a clue how to fix it?

That way, i am unable to make test with the accelleration of various AMD cards. Found a lot of infos, i would like to proof.  So please, anyone able to help me?

For me, it was never a problem under SIERRA to switch between IGPU as primary and CSM enabled and GFX1 as primary and CSM disabled. But now this.

rx480 should work with no kext inject patches etc, did you removed all stuff from clover?

tho, mine is 0xe not 0x9 and seems that i can't find what to fix...

Thanks for the reply, I changed the entry and date and still no joy.

I also just noticed that someone said updating in place (i.e., running the install app on my 10.12.6 to update my 10.12.6 install) should work. However, in my case the HD is greyed out in the installer and it says "This disk can not be used to start your computer" and so, it will not let me upgrade the OS.

Sounds like I have something set in a way that 10.13 doesn't like.

Frank

Thanks for the reply, I changed the entry and date and still no joy.

I also just noticed that someone said updating in place (i.e., running the install app on my 10.12.6 to update my 10.12.6 install) should work. However, in my case the HD is greyed out in the installer and it says "This disk can not be used to start your computer" and so, it will not let me upgrade the OS.

Sounds like I have something set in a way that 10.13 doesn't like.

Frank

Pick 1 and then try running the update app. Usb install doesn't work properly.

1. Try to create a new Hfs+ partition on that drive, at least 40GB.

2. Run first aid on the hard drive itself.

3. Last resort would be reformatting the entire hard disk, with GPT table scheme.

Best regards.