AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

Don't use auto, just use IGPX as primary.

Let the cable into the RX. You will going directly to OSX.

If you need to do some change into clover screen, just conect the cable to your motherboard.

@Slice will repare this soon ;)

Tried this and doesn't work :/, Just the black screen as normal when is connected to the gpu but doesn't boot to the login (If I don't modify the kext, load but without acceleration), what I'm missing?

found out clover was resetting my bios and the only way it boots with pci-e is with other os changed to windows8 and csm set from always to never

I'm having no luck at all trying to get the RX 480 to work. Currently the card boots finds after installation, but no acceleration. 

SID is disabled.
XFX card flashed with ASUS ROM tried as well.

Here is what I have tried and the results:

Add the device ID to to the X4100.KEXT, clear all cached, enable embedded video: boot loop.

Add the device ID to to the X4100.KEXT, clear all cached, disable embedded video: Freeze (as per picture)

post-43841-0-07814500-1479150117_thumb.jpg  <--Not sure why my attachments are always upside down :(

In Clover I have tried FakeID with not luck:

------NOTHING HAPPENS X4100 does not load - System ID shows 67DF on profiler------
ACPI  > DisplayFix (checked)
Devices > Fake ID > ATI > 0x67FF1002
Graphics > FB Name > Dayman
disable embedded video

------NOTHING HAPPENS X4100 does not load - System ID shows 67DF on profiler------
Graphics > FB Name > Baffin
Graphics > Inject ATI (checked)
disable embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

Sad I'm not able to get this to work so far. If can't figure it out, I might have to go the GTX980 route :(

I'm having no luck at all trying to get the RX 480 to work. Currently the card boots finds after installation, but no acceleration. 

SID is disabled.

Add the device ID to to the X4100.KEXT, clear all cached, enable embedded video: boot loop.

Add the device ID to to the X4100.KEXT, clear all cached, disable embedded video: Freeze (as per picture)

attachicon.gifIMG_4020.JPG  <--Not sure why my attachments are always upside down :(

disable embedded video

disable embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

Sad I'm not able to get this to work so far. If can't figure it out, I might have to go the GTX980 route :(

Have you set primary graphics to your processor, in the Mobo? 

Just primary, no auto. Let the cable monitor into the Rx480, and wait to the desktop.

Dont forget to set 64 MB for the procesor graphics, in the mobo, if you have that option.

;)

SID is disabled.

attachicon.gifIMG_4020.JPG  <--Not sure why my attachments are always upside down :(

disable embedded video

disable embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

------BOOT Loop------
enabled embedded video

Clover still requires iGPU as primary in bios settings and there is no FB named Baffin, try the following:

hey guys, I've been trying to add 0x67DF1002 to the AMDRadeonX4100.kext, but I can't install it with Kext Utility

SIP is disabled

what I get is

Task: Install ""

to "/System/Library/Extensions"

Install: "AMDRadeonX4100.kext" ... Can't copy source file.
Updating the system cache files .............. Done
-- Build time = 26 sec.

Syncing disk cache ... Done.

any ideas?

Clover still requires iGPU as primary in bios settings and there is no FB named Baffin, try the following:

Didn't work. Went into boot loop. Bought a Skylake MOBO and PROC. Will try with those tomorrow.

Didn't work. Went into boot loop. Bought a Skylake MOBO and PROC. Will try with those tomorrow.

Since you are using a T430 Poweredge which is C610 chipset, its probably a SMBIOS issue more than a GPU issue. 

Since you are using a T430 Poweredge which is C610 chipset, its probably a SMBIOS issue more than a GPU issue. 

So I think I have the same problem because I get the same: If Modify the kext get just the black screen and don't boot, and If I don't modify load the gpu without acceleration...

Right now I update my Clover to the last version, so I tried just injecting the ATI  and load but still without get the acceleration

i5-6500

GA-H170M-DS3H

SMBIOS: iMac15,1

Edited by Revod

hey guys,

my old system is up for a new graphics card for the occasional gaming (in windows). I have the Powercolor Red Devil 480 8GB in my shopping cart. I need the graphics power just in windows. For macOS, just the standard internet browsing, watching a movie (preferable via HDMI) etc is enough. I don't care about benchmarks in macOS.

If I understood the last posts correctly, I need an iGPU or altervative GPU set as primary to get through the booting process, right? (1)

Problem is: my old i7 920 does not have a iGPU. I guess one solution would be to install another graphics card on my motherboard GA EX-58 UD5 and set that to primary, right? (2)

Further questions:

3) My mobo does not have UEFI yet. --> Does that change anything?

4) Would it be possible to boot "blindly" (no cable attached) and plug in the monitor cable after boot when I reach the desktop?

Thank you for your help.

12.2 Beta 5 Has some new updates to 9500ControllerKext.     There are of course Vega 10, but also now references of Polaris 12, and one I like the Polaris 10XT2.

post-1753549-0-31925200-1481006469_thumb.png.  Polaris 10XT2 Maybe the RX 490 like a R9 295x2, or Pro duo?   Vega 10 is heavy with support like Polaris 10.post-1753549-0-51089300-1481007984_thumb.png

Intraweb rumors about the 0x687F.C. benchmark posted a few days ago with a score of 8400 versus a score of 8500 for the 1080 card are mixed between a Vega 10 w/HBM2 and a dual 480 card with GDDR5X.     Maybe this card is the Polaris 10XT2?    Vega 10 cards must be close to market.    

Xeon e2640v3 no integrated graphics in the processor. The board has Matrox g200xx. Dell T430 poweredge.

do you have 2 pci slots?    

post-1753549-0-30104500-1481008829_thumb.png

You can add a support card that runs native in Sierra OS even Nvidia cards work.    This is in dedicated graphics mode.

Hi everyone

I am using an ASUS ROG RX 480 8GB on a MacOS Sierra 12.1 hackintosh. It works better than I expected without any DSDT or kext editing. I get full resolution on my 2 monitors and it's seen as AMD R9xxx 8GB in system info. But there are graphical glitches, mostly on startup.

Is this because hardware acceleration is not working properly? I subsequently added PCI ID 0x67DF1002 to AMDRadeonX4100.kext and rebuilt kext caches. It doesn't make any difference though.

There's another worry. I notice that the fans remain mostly still on macOS. That's the case on Windows too because of the 0db fan feature.Card idles at around 50 degrees Cesius and fans start spinning when temperature reaches 54 degrees or so. However on macOS Sierra the fans spin even less frequently, If I have spent some time in macOS and reboot into windows I hear a loud "woosh" from the graphics card fans, which suggests that the card was running hot previously. Can this damage the card? I observed this behavior when transiting from Linux Mint to windows also (prior to installing AMD linux drivers).

Hi everyone

I am using an ASUS ROG RX 480 8GB on a MacOS Sierra 12.1 hackintosh. It works better than I expected without any DSDT or kext editing. I get full resolution on my 2 monitors and it's seen as AMD R9xxx 8GB in system info. But there are graphical glitches, mostly on startup.

Is this because hardware acceleration is not working properly? I subsequently added PCI ID 0x67DF1002 to AMDRadeonX4100.kext and rebuilt kext caches. It doesn't make any difference though.

There's another worry. I notice that the fans remain mostly still on macOS. That's the case on Windows too because of the 0db fan feature.Card idles at around 50 degrees Cesius and fans start spinning when temperature reaches 54 degrees or so. However on macOS Sierra the fans spin even less frequently, If I have spent some time in macOS and reboot into windows I hear a loud "woosh" from the graphics card fans, which suggests that the card was running hot previously. Can this damage the card? I observed this behavior when transiting from Linux Mint to windows also (prior to installing AMD linux drivers).

You should also hear the whoosh when you boot into Sierra, If not, you don't have proper acceleration. Check about this Mac, System report/graphics displays. You should have metal supported status. Sierra has temp controls built into the drivers for the RX cards. "AutoWattMan" is referenced in one of the controller/driverkexts.

post-1753549-0-21054600-1481157105_thumb.pngpost-1753549-0-59448800-1481167357_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Credit to Mork vom Ork and okrasit_2016

This patch is working perfectly for RX 480 on 10.12.2

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>FakeID</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<string>0x67EF1002</string>
		</dict>
	</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ForceKextsToLoad</key>
		<array>
			<string>\System\Library\Extensions\AMDRadeonX4100.kext</string>
			<string>\System\Library\Extensions\AMD9500Controller.kext</string>
		</array>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Remove_CU_limit_of_RX4x0-(C)_by_okrasit_2016</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				D0LIiYuAAAAARIizmQAAAESIcyA=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMDRadeonX4100</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				kJCQiYuAAAAARIizmQAAAESIcyA=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Change_init_from_BAFFIN_to_ELLESMERE-(C)_by_Fl0r!an_2016</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				6EmF/v++SAEAAEyJ9w==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				6EbkAAC+SAEAAEyJ9w==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Change_#_of_RX4x0_CUs-(C)_by_okrasit_2016</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				SLgCAAAAAQAAAEiJQ1THQ3wIAAAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SLgEAAAAAQAAAEiJQ1THQ3wSAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>PP_DisablePowerContainment=1</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				PGtleT5QUF9EaXNhYmxlUG93ZXJDb250YWlubWVudDwv
				a2V5PjxpbnRlZ2VyPjA8L2ludGVnZXI+
				</data>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AMD9500Controller</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				PGtleT5QUF9EaXNhYmxlUG93ZXJDb250YWlubWVudDwv
				a2V5PjxpbnRlZ2VyPjE8L2ludGVnZXI+
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
  • Like 3

This patch is working perfectly for RX 480 on 10.12.2>

Hi Pavo, could you please elaborate "perfectly"? Will I be able to use my 480 without a second card (iGPU)? Will we be able to access clover with this patch?

I am asking because I don't have a test install right now where I could test those things without breaking my main stable install ;)

Thanks!