AMD Polaris IDs on Sierra / High Sierra

Ciro82

870 posts in this topic

This patch still requires iGPU as primary and yes this is a Clover patch, just take the info from each section and add it to your clover config in their respective sections. the way I do mine is I hook a HDMI from iGPU to my 1 and only 4k monitor, then I take DP from the RX 480 and connect it to the same monitor. You can either flip back and forth on the monitor itself or live with blind boot, which honestly isn't that bad, kind of reminds me of my real mac and using 290X in it.

• Like 2

Need a little help. I have Sierra 10.12.0 installed everything works great except my MSI rx 480 no acceleration. I have a gt 730 in my second pcie slot and get full acceleration from that. I can boot with my rx 480 then switch hdmi to gt 730 and it works perfect. Is there anyway to enable acceleration with this set up?

Amd FX-8350

Asus m5a97 r2.0

MSI rx 480

PNY gt 730

I also need help with this. I am pretty new to this but I have an XFX RX470 and I enabled iGPU as primary..... when I have the graphics card plugged in the iGPU doesn't seem to work. Could anyone help me out with setting my RX470 up or disabling it somehow. If stability isn't that good with it I would prefer it to be disabled.

I also need help with this. I am pretty new to this but I have an XFX RX470 and I enabled iGPU as primary..... when I have the graphics card plugged in the iGPU doesn't seem to work. Could anyone help me out with setting my RX470 up or disabling it somehow. If stability isn't that good with it I would prefer it to be disabled.

What do you mean with "graphics card plugged in the igpu"?

You have to set in your bios IGPU as primary. The monitor cable have to be plugged into the 470/480 and wait about 30 seconds to black boot. After that you goint to see the Finder.

Extremely bad new: 10.12.4 beta removed AMD9500Controller.kext and replaced it with AMD9510Controller.kext and it only has device id 0x67EF1002 in it now. Also added a few more kext AMDLegacyFramebuffer.kext and AMDLegacySupport.kext.

BdFkkqd.png

Extremely bad new: 10.12.4 beta removed AMD9500Controller.kext and replaced it with AMD9510Controller.kext and it only has device id 0x67EF1002 in it now. Also added a few more kext AMDLegacyFramebuffer.kext and AMDLegacySupport.kext.

BdFkkqd.png

Bernice is the only Framebuffer as well, weren't we using Acre and Dayman for the RX cards?      Lets hope they have 9520, 9530, 9540 versions coming soon.     

Have you looked into the 4100kext yet?

Bernice is the only Framebuffer as well, weren't we using Acre and Dayman for the RX cards?      Lets hope they have 9520, 9530, 9540 versions coming soon.     

Have you looked into the 4100kext yet?

X4100 hasn't changed, and yes latest Clover auto uses Dayman as FB, now there is references to Polaris 10 and Polaris 11 pointers in the binary but nothing associated to them from the FB. This could be just a clean fresh start that Apple is doing to fix the issues they have been having on the new MBPs with the 460s also.

• Like 5

I looked at it today, they changed everything in the 4100kext (English) text, I only found Baffin references, no vega10'or Polaris 10-11. At least with the public beta, the areas I used to see references to Fiji, Tonga, Polaris, vega are now ZN29AMD4100kext, etc...

I was able to get metal support for my XFX RX 480 reference card by adding 0x67DF1002 to the 9510kext just behind the 0x67EF1002, and adding the 0x67DF1002 to the 4100kext behind 67EF, it benches normal 1858 in valley extreme hd so it's still working in Public Beta 12.4.1

• Like 4

Good morning,

I got the following GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon Rx 480 8GB OC Edition DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 AMD Polaris Graphics Cards STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING

and by checking the System Properties I have:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x4

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x67df

Revision ID: 0x00c7

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

I am setting it up with the eGPU setup and it is the result after the last run:

sh-3.2# ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh 

sh: ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh: No such file or directory

sh-3.2# cd /Volumes/Repository/-\ MAC_from18.12.2016/-\ eGPU\ v7\ -\ 20.01.2017 

sh-3.2# ./automate-eGPU_v7.sh 

*** automate-eGPU.sh v1.0.0 ***

* © 2016, 2017 by Goalque & FricoRico *

Detected eGPU

Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480]

Current OS X

10.12.4 16E144f

Previous OS X

[not found]

Latest installed Nvidia web driver

[not found]

Checking IOPCITunnelCompatible keys...

IOPCITunnelCompatible mods done.

Rebuilding caches...

All ready. Please restart the Mac.

sh-3.2#

It should work but it isn't at all... I don't where to add the string required as I patched already the 4000 and 4100.

Can I have your support?

Thanks,

Good morning,

I got the following GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon Rx 480 8GB OC Edition DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 AMD Polaris Graphics Cards STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING

and by checking the System Properties I have:

I am setting it up with the eGPU setup and it is the result after the last run:

It should work but it isn't at all... I don't where to add the string required as I patched already the 4000 and 4100.

Can I have your support?

Thanks,

Well it seems like you are on 10.12.4 beta, you have to add your device id 0x67df1002 in 9150 and 4100 kext or use fakeid 0x67ef1002 with Clover. Dunno why you are patching 4000 kext.

• Like 1

rx 480x nitro 8gb

Amazing card

I have this Sapphire card as well. How well does it run (e.g. acceleration, what patches/precautions need to be done)? Out of the loop with OS X right now and I want to get back in, the only thing stopping me is the card.

I have this Sapphire card as well. How well does it run (e.g. acceleration, what patches/precautions need to be done)? Out of the loop with OS X right now and I want to get back in, the only thing stopping me is the card.

Hello, out-of-the-box? You didn't apply changes? Can you help me as mine doesn't work at all?

Thanks!

Hello, out-of-the-box? You didn't apply changes? Can you help me as mine doesn't work at all?

Thanks!

Guys, 

the first thing you should do is add to kext 4100 the value 0x67DF1002. 

You can try with clover, in fake ID. But never worked the fakes id in clover in my case. I added manually looking for this kext, opening the package, and editing the info list. 

You can google how to do this, even, in youtube are a couple of videos. 

After this you should always, and for the moment ( I hope Clover can resolve this like in a real mac works ) let your IGPU as primary into the bios. But, the cable have to be connecetd to the rx480.

THere are more tricks for RX480, editing the config.sys and other controller by a user called Mork, who is expermienting different patches. You can find him around here.

Don't forget to google the way to apply correctly these little changes.

Ciao!

• Like 1

hi...

any news.. or update....

about the rx 460 on the 10.12.3 final with Sierra ? and or with 10.12.4 beta?

c.frio

Which RX 460? My Gigabyte 4GB one works just fine with primary graphics set to IGFX, no Clover injection necessary on 10.12.3, except for HDMI audio. Apparently it's a little harder for cards that require an additional connection to the power supply.

Immo

Hi..

Thanks...

Mine is gigabyte too...

One 2 gb and other 4gb

C.frio

The 4GB one will work for certain with no patching. I'd guess the 2GB would also. Just make sure IGPU is selected as primary in your bios settings. On bootup, video only comes out of your motherboard video ports. I have my motherboard hooked up to my monitor VGA port, and Radeon to the HDMI port, so I can see everything. The monitor takes care of switching inputs.

Immo

• Like 1

I've managed to get some acceleration going on my Sapphire NITRO+ card (RX 480) by changing one of the PCI IDs to 67DF in AMDRadeonX4100.kext's Info.plist. The kext successfully loads.

I can boot OS X when it's just the HDMI cable plugged into the mobo (at this point, the iGPU doesn't show any signs of acceleration), and then switching to the RX 480 gives me an accelerated GUI.

...Well, it seems to show signs of acceleration, but the cursor creates a lot of artifacting, which is definitely evident on QuickTime Player. The area around the cursor starts getting brighter or darker. Has anyone else had this problem?

If it helps, the about dialog shows the iGPU with "Display 7 MB" (noting the iGPU with no acceleration) in the summary. Unsure if that's meant to be like that, but the RX 480 is recognised in the Displays tab (under R9 xxx, oddly enough).

• Like 1

Hello guys, someone know if this card is work in Sierra or Capitan?

ATI RX 480 Pcyes 8GB 256b GDDR5 - PRX48025608D5

- Fabricante: Pcyes

- Modelo: RX 480 8GB

- Part Number: PRX48025608D5

- Performance:

- Barramento: PCI-Express 3.0 (Retrocompatibilidade com padrão 2.0)

- Stream Processor: 2304

- Core Clock: Base: 1120MHz Boost: 1266MHz

- Memória:

- Quantidade de Memória: 8192 MB

- Interface da Memória: 256 Bits GDDR5

- Frequência de Memória: 8000MHz

- Especificações e Recursos:

- CROSSFIRE: Sim

- TDP: 110 W

- Alimentação Recomendada: 500W

- Suporte as tecnologias:

- HDR Ready

- 14 FinFET

- Tecnologia AMD FreeSync

- DirectX 12 Optimized

- VR READY Premium

- GCN Generation

- AMD LiquidVR

- AMD Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)

- Radeon Software

- Vulkan

- AMD CrossFire

- AMD XConnect

- AMD Eyefinity

- PCI Express 3.0 Suporte

- OpenGL 4.5 Suporte

- Suporte OpenCL

Link: http://londritech.com.br/placa-de-video-ati-rx-480-pcyes-8gb-256b-gddr5prx48025608d5-14460.html

Have you even read the thread??

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1