"ATY,Dayman"
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

It "works" but i don't like the fact that is drived by the Baffin driver... and i need to set the iGPU as primary and swap the cable at boot... 

Sierra thinks that's an RX460 tho, in fact the performances are far away than a fully working RX480

I'm really hoping in news from Apple. 

HYYPuQr.jpgRp9uTYP.jpgr37SZxi.jpg

• Like 3

I might know that this is the wrong thread, but i ask anyway:

was anyone with a POLARIS card yet able to get sound via HDMI from one of those cards?

I know there must have been something changed, cause i get HDMI sound selectable in Sound-PrefPane - but no matter what i select: GOT NO SOUND:

IOReg_SOUND.jpg

Systeminfo_Audio.jpg

sound_prefpane.jpg

I might know that this is the wrong thread, but i ask anyway:

was anyone with a POLARIS card yet able to get sound via HDMI from one of those cards?

I know there must have been something changed, cause i get HDMI sound selectable in Sound-PrefPane - but no matter what i select: GOT NO SOUND:

I don't use HDMI audio. 

I can't help on that issue. 

Hey folks,

i have made some further more investigations:

Plugged in my Sapphire R9 280x in PCI-Slot#1

Plugged in my Sapphire RX460 Nitro in PCI-Slot#2

Disabled IGPU in BIOS completely

started ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ with latest CLOVER Rev. 3769

System started perfectly, as shown in the following screens:

1) Systeminformation Monitor:

systeminfo.jpg

as you can see: just two VideoCards - one Radeon R9 280x and one Radeon RX460 Nitro

2) DPCIManager:

dpcimanager.jpg

So here you can see also just these two VideoCards: R9 280x and RX460 Nitro

3) IORegistryExplorer:

ioreg_gfx1.jpg

R9 280X in PCI-Slot#1 just loaded AMDRadeonX4000.kext while...

ioreg_gfx2.jpg

Radeon RX460 in PCI-Slot#2 just loaded AMDRadeonX4100.kext.

So, both cards running native right now - but i think the only reason for this is, because the Radeon R9 280x is running "out-of-the-box", even under macOS Sierra.

So my thougts are the following:

all we have to find out, is why is the R9 280x running "nativ out-of-the-box"?

Why we have to find out? Cause plugging the RX460 in Slot#1 (making THIS the primary gfx) and the R9 280X in Slot#2 (secondary gfx) gives the same black screen as using the RX460 on it's own (primary, stand-alone). Maybe it is just a VBios patch we need, maybe it is somewhat within AMD7000Controller.kext we have to investigate - but right now the only way to make it work is using a) IGPU as primary gfx or b ) a working out-of-the-box card in first PCI-Slot as primary gfx.

! So, common people, let's get back to work and find out !

Don't see how this iGPU thing is an Apple issue, has to be a bootloader issue because it does not effect us with real macs and no iGPUs

Pavo: i know, and i didn't say it is an Apple issue. And i know, that it's not affecting real Macs, therefor the problem would never be fixed by just an Apple Driverupdate.

It is on "us" to get it fixed and that's why i would like to get the people with some knowledge and interested to investigate and fix this "hackintosh-only bug". Maybe it could solve many problems with non working "ootb" running AMD cards.

This is my solution for black screen issue.

But I thing if you put slow gpu to first slot it will downgrade speed of this better. So I wos trying with low profile quadro 2000 in 1 slot and then turn off acceleration by adding fake id to invidia. Then 290x working faster but there wos random system KP on booting.  

Tomorrow i'll try HD5770 + RX480 and see what i can do. 

I think that Sierra won't load two different radeon acceleration kext

post-916820-0-54562800-1474800312_thumb.png

post-916820-0-06417400-1474800327_thumb.png

post-916820-0-11450600-1474800450_thumb.png

Made the same test here with an AMD HD5450 successfully: HD5450 in Slot#1, RX460 in Slot#2 - bothe cards running native with their corrected FrameBuffers.

So now i have a small HD5450, which needs no extra powerconnector, and a full supported RX460 running native.

I have also made the following situation:

disabled CSR in BIOS, so all connected devices should have UEFI compliant OROM. My Sapphire R9 280x got two BIOS Roms (switchable). One VBIOS included UEFI GOP, the other one only contains legacy VBIOS.

When i boot CSR disabled and VBIOS with GOP, i get black screen after verbose boot!

When i boot CSR disabled and VBIOS legacy, i get into macOS 10.12.1 after verbose boot.!

When i boot CSR enabled and video OROM set to legacy, VBIOS with GOP i get into macOS 10.2.1 after verbose boot.

When i boot CSR enabled and video OROM set to UEFI, VBIOS with GOP i get black screen after verbose boot.

In all these described situations, my RX460 was active all the time in Slot#2

Of cause, that might be mean nothing - but i find it interesting and thought some might find this interesting. Also the fact, that all this doesn't happen, when running the R9 280X solo.

Hello guys,

new to Hackintoshes, I made one from a newly built pc three days ago (specs later), and I have a RX480 reference from MSI that I would love to use.

I broke my Hackintosh installation twice, I have no problem understanding anything, clover is on the SSD, I'm here to follow instructions, and maybe break the installation again, no bother.

Here's my pc:

RX480 reference from MSI (8gb) (via hdmi) (67df rev 00c7 recognized as R9 xxx on sierra public 1)

I5 6600k not overclocked, cooled by a Corsair H100i V2 (temps low)

2x8 CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 working perfectly with XMP 2.0

The installation is on a Corsair LE SSD 240Gb, and the USB disk is a sandisk extreme 32 gb

All USB ports are working (didn't test the type-c one tho)

The motherboard is a MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X, no problems so far

I've made the installation by using a VM with El Capitan, then creating a USB drive for Sierra, then updated to Sierra Public beta 1

If there is any info that I must provide, ask me.

My goal is to obviously have a perfectly working Mac to use with XCode.

Thanks so far for the help, and have a good day.

Vincent

Hello guys,

new to Hackintoshes, I made one from a newly built pc three days ago (specs later), and I have a RX480 reference from MSI that I would love to use.

I broke my Hackintosh installation twice, I have no problem understanding anything, clover is on the SSD, I'm here to follow instructions, and maybe break the installation again, no bother.

Here's my pc:

RX480 reference from MSI (8gb) (via hdmi) (67df rev 00c7 recognized as R9 xxx on sierra public 1)

I5 6600k not overclocked, cooled by a Corsair H100i V2 (temps low)

2x8 CMU16GX4M2A2666C16 working perfectly with XMP 2.0

The installation is on a Corsair LE SSD 240Gb, and the USB disk is a sandisk extreme 32 gb

All USB ports are working (didn't test the type-c one tho)

The motherboard is a MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X, no problems so far

I've made the installation by using a VM with El Capitan, then creating a USB drive for Sierra, then updated to Sierra Public beta 1

If there is any info that I must provide, ask me.

My goal is to obviously have a perfectly working Mac to use with XCode.

Thanks so far for the help, and have a good day.

Vincent

No problems for your hardware, except for the RX480, as you can see it does not work correctly yet...

I suggest you to use the intel gfx for now, until the future eventually support for the rx480.

• Like 1

I got this message when I put the dsdt.aml to EFI/clover/patched/dsdt.aml, any tips?

k3D29Dj.jpg

with....

CPU:i7-4970

MB: GiGA Z97x-ud3h

Video card: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 480 8GB GDDR5

except the video card issue, others were working great.

I got this message when I put the dsdt.aml to EFI/clover/patched/dsdt.aml, any tips?

k3D29Dj.jpg

with....

CPU:i7-4970
MB: GiGA Z97x-ud3h
Video card: PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 480 8GB GDDR5

except the video card issue, others were working great.

Why would you use nvda_drv=1 for an AMD card? Also seems like a non patched DSDT to me.

I'm not satisfied with this card (RX 460), and will probably sent it back. After a few tests the fans became pretty annoying, most of the time they are off but spins up while scrolling some pages and watching videos. Also the bios splash screen looks like this.

post-448675-0-70168400-1475436752_thumb.jpg

I'm not satisfied with this card (RX 460), and will probably sent it back. After a few tests the fans became pretty annoying, most of the time they are off but spins up while scrolling some pages and watching videos. Also the bios splash screen looks like this.

attachicon.gifbios.jpg

That seems a DOA card...

attachicon.gifbios.jpg

Quickly RMA it, this is bad card.

Why would you use nvda_drv=1 for an AMD card? Also seems like a non patched DSDT to me.

It's my default option when I installed from clover, maybe something is wrong, thanks for the notice

I have been search for a while,  still don't know how DSDT patch works exactly. I think I was going to the wrong way.

Sorry for the asking, But would you like to share some info about DSDT patched?

Thanks.

It's my default option when I installed from clover, maybe something is wrong, thanks for the notice

I have been search for a while,  still don't know how DSDT patch works exactly. I think I was going to the wrong way.

Sorry for the asking, But would you like to share some info about DSDT patched?

Thanks.

http://pjalm.com/forums/index.php?topic=7.0

This has all the DSDT patches you need for your motherboard, credit Pjalm

• Like 1