OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I have been trying to install 10.10 just to see how it looks and feels, but all I get, when booting my usb stick, is a loading bar in the middle of the screen that only goes half way then it stops. I added kext-dev-mode=1 in my bios in ozmosis. FakeSms is inside bios, but also tried with it im S/L/E and get same thing. 10.9.3 work perfect with only FankeSmc, DSDT moded for HDEF and patched AppleHDA. GPU seen as 7xxx but it does see it with 2048 ram. Strange thing is that if I boot with the internal GPU the XFX is seen in system info as HD 7850

I have been trying to install 10.10 just to see how it looks and feels, but all I get, when booting my usb stick, is a loading bar in the middle of the screen that only goes half way then it stops. I added kext-dev-mode=1 in my bios in ozmosis. FakeSms is inside bios, but also tried with it im S/L/E and get same thing. 10.9.3 work perfect with only FankeSmc, DSDT moded for HDEF and patched AppleHDA. GPU seen as 7xxx but it does see it with 2048 ram. Strange thing is that if I boot with the internal GPU the XFX is seen in system info as HD 7850

I think it is a question for ozmosis and not for the topic.

nyolc8....Yes, that's with me so that when I see, boats with the damn clever too (Chameleon is a lot to me dear!). 

Why not come also, as in the apple Chameleon (black or white does not matter) to provide for the desktop?

Is anyone getting the white apple logo on the boot screen? I get only the progress bar which only goes to halfway and then desktop appears.

The new iOS like progress bar is on with two phases. The first one going up to half of the progress bar, and then phase two goes up to the end of the progress bar. If you don't see phase two… something isn't right.

Do you have 'Graphics Mode' specified in com.apple.Boot.plist? 

Here the progress bar goes to about one quarter progress then the screen goes black for a few seconds with a mouse pointer and then the desktop loads. Even after adding the Graphics Mode to com.apple.boot.plist

Ok that sound like it is outputting the data to another (disabled) frame buffer (read monitor).

I have Ozmosis also and I didn't need to place fakeSMC on the USB or use a boot flag and it all worked fine. I'm still not using a boot flag, although I'm running vanilla. Once I install a patched AppleHDA and HDAEnabler1 kexts I'll probably have to. Are you on the latest Ozmosis build? Did you put the hidden files on the USB? I've seen a couple other guys in this thread who got it working relatively easily using Ozmosis as well. Have you tried a clean bios and no modified kexts in the installer?

Is anyone getting the white apple logo on the boot screen? I get only the progress bar which only goes to halfway and then desktop appears.

Same here, but it doesn't seem to affect anything once it loads the desktop. I thought it was just loading faster than the progress bar. I didn't realize there was even supposed to be an Apple logo until I installed it on my MBP.

We urgently need a solution for AMD

Edit:

....or was it now with AMD CPUs? and now must all AMD USer switch/ buy to intel components? what do you think Andy?

I'm not getting the white apple logo at boot.  Is anyone getting that?  Any ideas how to get it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umkLL9cXxE

I'm not getting it either, just the black screen with a progress bar.

Hey does anyone have any working PS/2 keyboard kexts for Yosemite?  I know, I know... get a new keyboard lol

I just really like the one I have as it has all the volume, playback and power controls on it that I like to have handy.  I've used ApplePS2Controller.kext up until Mavs, but it doesn't wanna load and work in Yosemite.

We urgently need a solution for AMD

Edit:

....or was it now with AMD CPUs? and now must all AMD USer switch/ buy to intel components? what do you think Andy?

Like I said in the past.

It is possible to patch the kernel but it isn't easy.

You'd need to patch the cache routines, TSC routines, cpufamily detection code at minimum to get it to work with modern AMD cpus.

These cpus would need SSSE3 instruction set.

Also 32-bit apps wouldn't work.

This is currently being done with the opemu and we would need a patch to enable the trap to do the syscalls needed.

I think FX cpus and modern day APU's with SSSE3 could work just fine.

This needs time and work and currently I don't have it unfortunetely.

Modding routines is doable.

Adding new code to a built kernel is very hard.

• Like 3

I recently switched to Intel because I got tired of fighting the AMD battle. Even Mavericks was never working 100% while I was on it.

So guys... if you're like me, and that iTunes icon on the Yosemite dock was driving you nuts, here ya go: 

http://www.deviantart.com/art/iTunes-12-Icon-458802788

You're welcome. 

Anyone else getting a error  like this?

WindowServer: Surface testing disallowed updates for 10 sequential attempts
WindowServer: Surface testing allowed updates after 947 attempts

when it happens my screen freezes for a bit and comes back and sometimes the whole thing just locks up but my mouse and i got to hard reset

using 2 r9 290s using the second one to make the other monitor work

other then this my set up runs awesomely  

I recently switched to Intel because I got tired of fighting the AMD battle. Even Mavericks was never working 100% while I was on it.

So guys... if you're like me, and that iTunes icon on the Yosemite dock was driving you nuts, here ya go: 

http://www.deviantart.com/art/iTunes-12-Icon-458802788

You're welcome. 

Haha that's awesome. And a thank you to you, sir.

• Like 2