OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

backtrace problem is related to FakeSMC 6.xxx kozlek's version. My FakeSMC_V3.3.1 never had such a problem. You can find it in my signature.

Don't be confused by version enumeration. My branch changed second digit while Kozlek decided to change first digit.

Hey Slice! 

Your FakeSMC version also contains sensors or it's just FakeSMC?

I'm guessing AirDrop and Continuity only work on AirPort Wifi and/or Bluetooth. Anyone tried?

I did the ole AirDrop activation over Ethernet but nothing from my iPhone

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

Never gotten it to work on my Hackintoshes, the old AMD rig, Mavs on Intel and now Yosemite lol I think I'm just not turning it on right or something... Tried over BT and wifi

I'm guessing AirDrop and Continuity only work on AirPort Wifi and/or Bluetooth. Anyone tried?

I did the ole AirDrop activation over Ethernet but nothing from my iPhone

defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1
I was going to install iOS 8 on my iPad 2 but I wanted to solve my Yosemite issues first. Now that they're solved I'll definitely start testing Continuity and Handoff, and maybe also call accepting and text messages answering from the Hackintosh if I manage to get an iPhone.

I also assume Continuity and Handoff need "documents" option ticked in iCloud to work, which requires having iOS 8 installed in one of the devices saved in iCloud. Now that my iPad 2 still has iOS 7 on it, activating that option gives error "documents syncing only works with OS X 10.10 and iOS 8".

Never gotten it to work on my Hackintoshes, the old AMD rig, Mavs on Intel and now Yosemite lol I think I'm just not turning it on right or something... Tried over BT and wifi

You have native BT and Wifi? I could always get AirDrop working between macs over ethernet (AMD & Intel) just trying between iOS 8 & Ethernet Mac and nothing. I'm sure it has to do with BT & WiFi :(

I've never tried Mac to Mac, but Mac to iPhone and vice-versa never works.  I can't even pair the two as a matter of fact.  

6774a171b9.png

31262ef2e7.PNG

Always thought it was a Hackintosh thing.  Never really asked about it lol

Hmm... Well that explains a lot lol

You know, the ONLY thing I really don't like about 10.10 so far is the fact that now when you click the maximize button, it throws your window in full screen in a new space, and I really liked it a lot better when it just fit the size of your window to the content inside of it.  Have you found a way to switch this back on?  Is it an option somewhere?

You know, the ONLY thing I really don't like about 10.10 so far is the fact that now when you click the maximize button, it throws your window in full screen in a new space, and I really liked it a lot better when it just fit the size of your window to the content inside of it.  Have you found a way to switch this back on?  Is it an option somewhere?

depending on your keyboard layout Hold down the ALT key works

depending on your keyboard layout Hold down the ALT key works

I love you man... LOL

Now if only I could leave it permanently.... but they got rid of the other fullscreen button.  What the hell Apple?!  haha

All scores are higher in Yosemite that they were in Mavs.  I'll grab exact numbers for comparison later on.  But things are running quite well on Yosemite :)

6fe718e58e.png

...just wish I could figure out this USB3.0/sleep thing... almost have Clover all the way figured out :)

• Like 1

I did. Should have mentioned that, sorry. Alternatively, you can take your config.plist and import it into Clover Configurator and add any SMBIOS you wanna use, that's how I added mine. I've always used MacPro5,1 so I just stuck with that.

It doesn't work even with Mac Pro. I have tried everything I can think of, I just can't use the share features on Yosemite. Everything else works including iMessage, FaceTime, AirDrop, everything really. Just the notification centre share and all widgets and the share in safari. I give up, this is a feature I use a lot in mavericks as I'm a blogger. Without it things take a lot longer. Back to mavericks I go and hope beta 2 will sort things out for me

Double clicking the titlebar gives the same result as before ;)

I love you man... LOL

Now if only I could leave it permanently.... but they got rid of the other fullscreen button.  What the hell Apple?!  haha

All scores are higher in Yosemite that they were in Mavs.  I'll grab exact numbers for comparison later on.  But things are running quite well on Yosemite :)

6fe718e58e.png

...just wish I could figure out this USB3.0/sleep thing... almost have Clover all the way figured out :)

iTunes with red icon ?

I love you man... LOL

6fe718e58e.png

iTunes with red icon ?

http://aaronolive.deviantart.com/art/iTunes-12-Icon-458802788

• Like 1

Hi Slice and all!

Slice, first of all, I want to congratulate you and all the team for the great bootloader which is Clover. Great work. 

Slice after the upgrades made ​​to Yosemite, here on my system, I ended up with no speed step, I had no problems before, and without the use of an edited DSDT, just using the resources of Clover itself. Have you heard anything about this? Clover would be some change that may be incompatible with my system? 
thank you in advance.

You have native BT and Wifi? I could always get AirDrop working between macs over ethernet (AMD & Intel) just trying between iOS 8 & Ethernet Mac and nothing. I'm sure it has to do with BT & WiFi :(

It's not here yet. I think It will appear in the last DP version, just like happened with Mavericks' unique features.

Why not "Install Clover in the ESP" as you are going to do UEFI boot?

Well, first let me thank you for taking the time to answer Slice. I really don't know. I normally use chameleon and I'm very green with Clover. I can try it, so if I install in the ESP that would mean I would have to format the EFI partition FAT32? I have been booting without it but it has obviously been giving me issues with the system itself, as I mentioned in the previous post. I'll give it a try once I get home this afternoon. Thanks again Slice :)

Well, first let me thank you for taking the time to answer Slice. I really don't know. I normally use chameleon and I'm very green with Clover. I can try it, so if I install in the ESP that would mean I would have to format the EFI partition FAT32? I have been booting without it but it has obviously been giving me issues with the system itself, as I mentioned in the previous post. I'll give it a try once I get home this afternoon. Thanks again Slice :)

Yes install in ESP, boot0af and boot0ss are of no use if you boot in UEFI mode.

You can also disable EmuVariableUEFI-64, data will be saved in the UEFI memory.

You have to understand that there are two mode booting: legacy and UEFI.

Legacy mode goes through MBR and PBR sector. This is how the chameleon works. But PBR sector from Chameleon is not working with Clover. Clover sector works for both. You must replace it if you are going to do legacy booting.

UEFI mode is possible only with Clover. In this mode BIOS directly call /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI from ESP partition formatted to FAT32. No alternatives.

• Like 1

Yes install in ESP, boot0af and boot0ss are of no use if you boot in UEFI mode.

You can also disable EmuVariableUEFI-64, data will be saved in the UEFI memory.

Thank you FrDakota, I can see that you are using the same motherboard as me. I have also done the installer USB flash drive like that but I don't have to redo it also, or do I? It is just when installing clover to the HDD isn't it? I'm indoors now so I am going to start working on it. I don't mind doing the USB installer again, all I want is for everything to be done properly.