OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

I have got a strange problem. To get sound via the HDMI port of my 560ti I patched my DSDT and the binary of AppleHDAController.kext with the following command:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS && sudo cp AppleHDAController AppleHDAController_backup && sudo su root -c "perl -pe 's/\xDE\x10\xEA\x0B/\xDE\x10\x0C\x0E/g' AppleHDAController_backup > AppleHDAController"

This works perfectly with Mavericks and also with Yosemite the HDMI Port gets recognized in system settings. Even iTunes plays my music without any problem. But if I try to play a system sound Yosemite stucks and goes down without any message.

Sorry wrong thread. I will post it in the Apple HDA 10.10 thread.

I have got a strange problem. To get sound via the HDMI port of my 560ti I patched my DSDT and the binary of AppleHDAController.kext with the following command:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS && sudo cp AppleHDAController AppleHDAController_backup && sudo su root -c "perl -pe 's/\xDE\x10\xEA\x0B/\xDE\x10\x0C\x0E/g' AppleHDAController_backup > AppleHDAController"

This works perfectly with Mavericks and also with Yosemite the HDMI Port gets recognized in system settings. Even iTunes plays my music without any problem. But if I try to play a system sound Yosemite stucks and goes down without any message.

Not sure it's related, but try to open Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup

Right Click your sound card -> choose "Use this device for sound output"

I had a problem with MSI Geforce 630 GT 2GB DDR3 (0F00:1DE0), in mavericks it had full VRAM 2048MB but in YM it has only 1024MB, i was tried with R2703, it has only 1024MB.

Fix your config.plist

Inject>   (missing >)
   ATI
   false/>
   Intel

NVidia

If it still detects wrong VRAM, set

VRAM

• Like 2

Fix your config.plist

<key>Inject</key>   (missing >)
<dict>
   <key>ATI</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Intel</key>
   <false/>
   <key>NVidia</key>
   <true/>
</dict>

If it still detects wrong VRAM, set

<key>VRAM</key>
<integer>2048</integer>

I will try again with solved missing ">" for end line GraphicsInject and Inject. I want Inject Ati with FBName Lotus for HD6670 when i replace 630GT by 6670, if has problem i will false for Ati.

Thanks!

Solved with missing ">" in end 2 line.

post-1102673-0-43148800-1402354224_thumb.png

• Like 1

Please share and explain, that's the whole point of the forum.

Apparently my case was that i couldn't pass the first third of the installer, setup couldn't read from Essentials.pkg and therefore OS X couldn't be installed on this computer.

I redid the USB installer with another image thinking that the checksums were wrong, i deleted platfor.plist, tried different things but to no avail.

To my last resort i simply repaired permissions of Essentials.pkg on the USB installer disk and it successfully finished this time around, writing this from DP1

So it was just a simple permissions thing that kept my install from completing,

Cheers

• Like 2

Now i have more problem with Clover boot after solved Graphics.

My USB is GPT it have 2 part EFI(diskXs1) and Install (diskXs2). I was install Clover to diskXs2 to install and boot. After finished graphics, i was mount EFI part and move folder EFI on diskXs2 to diskXs1. My UEFI boot to EFI partition when i chose any part o boot os all error. I reboot with USB diskXs2 same error. i much turnoff and disconnect power cable and reboot with diskXs2 then ok.

I just change from Chameleon to Clover.

I attach all file from EFI on diskXs2 and error screen when boot with EFI.

post-1102673-0-63655800-1402357698_thumb.png

post-1102673-0-78880600-1402357859_thumb.jpg

try to boot with -s and rebuild the kernel cache ( there are instruction in this topic and others ), if that can't be booted try using -x and it will rebuild the cache on its own if it can boot. when you try to reboot after using -x the system now rebuilds the cache again so it should pass that error.

• Like 1

Thanks to joe75, i was success with -s to rebuild cache and can boot from EFI partition to OS on other HDD. I will change from Chameleon to Clover.

Is your bios UEFI? Are you currently using Clover to boot Yosemite? Have you read this?

Don't know if my BIOS is UEFI... Currently using Clover to boot Yosemite but not very well, and I'm still booting off of the USB installer I made with Clover on it so I haven't actually installed it on any of my hard drives directly. And yes, I scrolled through there a bit, I just don't know why it has to be so complicated when Chameleon + my DSDT boots flawlessly? I don't know what options I need to configure in Clover...?

Just noticed you're using a Gigabyte Z68MX-U2H-B3, I had one those boards and it wasn't UEFI. Clover isn't as hard to configure as it appears. When you first look through the instructions it does somewhat intimidate first time users. I'm guessing Chameleon will be working very soon.  Regards-

Just noticed you're using a Gigabyte Z68MX-U2H-B3, I had one those boards and it wasn't UEFI. Clover isn't as hard to configure as it appears. When you first look through the instructions it does somewhat intimidate first time users. I'm guessing Chameleon will be working very soon.  Regards-

Spot on!

FYI: I changed RevoBoot a bit, to make it the first legacy boot loader to load the Yosemite InstallESD.dmg but previously there was a catch – you had to replace the kernel cache by one with all your drivers – due to the lack of kext injection – notably FakeSMC.kext in it. However. This is no longer required. And no. There's no kext injection or kernelcache patching under the hood. Not even for Yosemite.

Here is what I did.

1.) I downloaded the Yosemite DP1.app
2.) I moved it to the /Applications folder (like I always do)
3.) I fired up the installer from the /Application folder (let it copy files to my boot partition and then it reboots) 
4.) After the reboot it finished the installation process.
5.) Another reboot, now into Yosemite, just like on a Mac.
6.) Then I ran nano /usr/standalone/bootcaches.plist (to change lzvn into lzss)
7.) Triggered a kernel cache refresh with sudo kernelcache -u /Volumes/Yosemite

In short. There is no need to unpack or restore anything. Not even the kernel. It just works. Even with kernel cache!

Can't wait for Chameleon to boot? Then add /chosen/random-seed (64 bytes) and fill that with some random data :-)

It just seems like there's so many options and patches and fixes and I don't really know what I need or don't need. Very confusing...

Hey ADHDMedia! Clover auto detect and config for you, the first time i very confused with sample config.plist. In config usb installer i just put some Agrument to have -v kext-dev-mode=1, SMBios. After install i put Inject kext, Graphics to config my GT630 have 2GB and using Nvidia, disable Intel HD. Finished with Themes. Other thing Clover will auto detect. Done!

I modified AppleHDA.kext and AppleKextExcludeList.kext. Recreated kernel cache, it said for the modified kext that they're "allowing to load". But these two modified kext still not getting loaded automatically.

If I load them with "kextload" command then applehda works nicely so they getting loaded up via kextload terminal command.

Any idea to get modified kexts to load up automatically?

I ran 

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -all-loaded

From the running system.

The command you said, will fix it? Also is that "-prelinked-kernel" command exists? I only saw "-system-prelinked-kernel" command.