OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

My audio is ALC892 good with AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext take from 10.9.3.

Hey Mirone, your Graphics Geforce GT620 has full 2GB VRAM? My Geforce GT630 2GB has only 1024MB!!!! :(

Test, please, and report as much as possible.

Clover-2695

Hi Slice,

Many thanks to you and the Clover developers for a wonderful bootloader and your continuing support/improvements. For the most part, OSX 10.10DP1 is working perfectly well on my old BIOS based laptop using Clover EFI.

I have noticed that in 10.10

• Normal boot with caches & injected kexts works but booting without caches does not....

post-846696-0-23447900-1402274222_thumb.jpg

• The last booted OSX is not remembered if it is OSX 10.10 - nvram.plist is not saved on my 10.10 partition (while it is on my 10.9.3 partition). I also use EmuVariableUefi-64 driver and tested Clover r2695, 2696 & 2703.

Okay - why all the dislike for Clover?

Yes - I'm quite serious.

While Clover has taken some getting used to, I've come to actually PREFER Clover - because of things that Clover can do that Chameleon cannot.

Even more surprising, I haven't changed motherboards - I'm still using the SAME motherboard I have done all my Hack running on - ASUS' P5G41-M LX2/GB.  (It's a legacy mATX - and LGA775 besides - motherboard with a traditional BIOS - not exactly a motherboard that would be thought to be Clover-friendly.)

Now, if you aren't used to either UEFI or a mouse-friendly BIOS, Clover WILL take getting used to.  (While Clover is my first UEFI-style BIOS/loader, I DO have experience with AMI's ClickBIOS that appeared in several pre-EFI motherboards - including ASUS' P4C800-E Deluxe.)

However, Clover has some neat tricks that ClickBIOS only dreamed of.

For example, Clover has several verbosity options for detailed booting of OS X (including booting sans kext-injection - useful for determining if you have a problematical kext being injected).  It also has every option Chameleon has.

At least give Clover an honest evaluation before dismissing it.

My laptop has issues with clover. Every time I've very seriously tried it I get problems that I just don't get with chameleon. My desktop functions fine with clover actually. I have no problem with clover, my laptop has the problem with it. :P

My audio is ALC892 good with AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext take from 10.9.3.

Hey Mirone, your Graphics Geforce GT620 has full 2GB VRAM? My Geforce GT630 2GB has only 1024MB!!!! :(

yes, look here: 

Captura de Tela 2014-06-09 Ã s 00.17.21.png

Hi Slice,

Many thanks to you and the Clover developers for a wonderful bootloader and your continuing support/improvements. For the most part, OSX 10.10DP1 is working perfectly well on my old BIOS based laptop using Clover EFI.

I have noticed that in 10.10

• Normal boot with caches & injected kexts works but booting without caches does not....

attachicon.gifboot without caches.JPG

• The last booted OSX is not remembered if it is OSX 10.10 - nvram.plist is not saved on my 10.10 partition (while it is on my 10.9.3 partition). I also use EmuVariableUefi-64 driver and tested Clover r2695, 2696 & 2703.

1. You have to replace VBoxHFS.efi to HFSPlus.efi

2. See, please, if there is workaround http://serverfault.com/questions/10811/how-to-add-a-script-to-startup-and-shutdown-in-debian

Hey Mirone!

Can you send for me your config.plist of Clover? I was tried VRAM=2048 or 2147483648 but has only 1024MB.

With ATI6670/1GB menu of Safari and Finder menu is transparent, when i replace with GT630 Safari no transparent. In Mavericks 6670 or 630GT same is transparent.

Hey Mirone!

Can you send for me your config.plist of Clover? I was tried VRAM=2048 or 2147483648 but has only 1024MB.

With ATI6670/1GB menu of Safari and Finder menu is transparent, when i replace with GT630 Safari no transparent. In Mavericks 6670 or 630GT same is transparent.

I inject the graphic properties through the DSDT. If you want you can send me your DSDT + IOREG and eye it for you.

Now i'm in my office with Windows PC only. my hackintosh don't have DSDT, may i just use extract dsdt + ioreg and send it to you in 3hour later. My hackintosh speedstep only 16, 33 and can't sleep.

Can you patch DSDT for me? Thank you very much!

You have to replace VBoxHFS.efi to HFSPlus.efi

Thanks Slice.  I did make sure to replace VBoxHFS.efi with HFSPlus.efi but still not able to boot without caches :no:

post-846696-0-38852100-1402290671_thumb.png

I can still boot normally with kernel cache so not a big problem.  Just trying to give you some feedback :).

no problem, you let me know your specs and I'll fix your DSDT for you.

My system is:

Main Asrock B75 Pro3-M link http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B75%20Pro3-M/

CPU I3 3220 include HD2500

4*2 = 8GB

Sound Realtek ALC892

Lan RealtekTRL81xx

Graphics: 1 MSI Geforce 630 GT 2GB DDR3

or  1 ASUS ATI6670 1GB DDR5

And this dsdt.aml extract by Chameleon Wizard and IOreg.

Help me! Thanks! 

Archive.zip

Thanks Slice.  I did make sure to replace VBoxHFS.efi with HFSPlus.efi but still not able to boot without caches :no:

attachicon.gifHFSPlus.efi.png

I can still boot normally with kernel cache so not a big problem.  Just trying to give you some feedback :).

I have that problem too and i have seen it somewhere here in forum but no fix for that.

May be slide=0 in boot-args?

EDITED. 

I still not test the Yosemite. I just remember that Maverics installer can't boot without cache because there is nothing to load except kernelcache.

new version clover

r2703

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4068-clover-v2k/
What does this new clover build bring us ? I searched for a change log but no luck.

Thanks.

PS: i'm using r1695 + update 1696 to perfectly boot 10.10 and 10.9 .

I'm not sure if I correctly understand your problem. and sorry for that.

But in a proper setup of Yosemite can repair permisions and boot cashes with kext wizard app.

In Clover gui if you press space bar you have some options one of them is booting without caches if you want the system to rebuild them.And I'm not talking about how to build them  because as you said  kext wizard app can do that.

What does this new clover build bring us ? I searched for a change log but no luck.

Thanks.

PS: i'm using r1695 + update 1696 to perfectly boot 10.10 and 10.9 .

Here is your change.log

http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/2703/log/?path=

May be slide=0 in boot-args?

EDITED. 

I still not test the Yosemite. I just remember that Maverics installer can't boot without cache because there is nothing to load except kernelcache.

This DP has kenrelcache itself set as the boot file, so its not possible to boot without it. I don't understand how it can be left this way in the future and not support booting -x.

This DP has kenrelcache itself set as the boot file, so its not possible to boot without it. I don't understand how it can be left this way in the future and not support booting -x.

Who not support -x?

Just add it to boot-args dynamically. Second line in the screen

options.png

new version clover 

r2703
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/4068-clover-v2k/

The link is wrong.

Right link is official release

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

• Like 3

It just boots to error screen about not being able to load kernel cache. Im assuming kernel cache is now the boot file because there is no longer "mach_kernel" and kernel has been moved. Maybe their intensions are to remove safe mode or booting without caches to force use of the recovery partition.

It just boots to error screen about not being able to load kernel cache. Im assuming kernel cache is now the boot file because there is no longer "mach_kernel" and kernel has been moved. Maybe their intensions are to remove safe mode or booting without caches to force use of the recovery partition.

I don't know. Later we discover the question.

Actually, Im wrong :P i just tried with clover option at space and it did boot safe mode and during boot it says 'Rebuilding caches for safe boot'.. so it is just -f or without caches that is not working