OS X Yosemite DP's builds!

2,033 posts in this topic

Theres no need, AppleHDA patched works just fine. Better keep the original. At least that's what I always try to do, keep it as native as possible. VoodooHDA is more for systems that have an exotic or unknown audio chip. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes it works in analogue, but I need digital out.

• Like 1

Strange with my Z77-DS3H I have above 12800. 

On mine I installed the VoodooHDA 2.8.5, removed AppleHDA and it works.

Mine is i5, not i7, but I used to have 11.200 points or more up to 10.9.1. For the record, a hackintosh I built for a friend, still on 10.9.0, with a B75 board and i7 3770 CPU, scores over 13.000 consistently.

Question for all you guys using the kextcache command with paths like the following:

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

If we are including /System/Library/Extensions path, don't we need to also add the path to /Library/Extensions (There are RAID related extensions there) to include all extensions like so:?

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions

Or, is this excluded just to get to boot, as the system will update the kernel cache and include all kexts once arriving to the desktop?
Curious.

best regards,
MAJ

UPDATE: there's something very odd going on! Just added NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with Kext Utility, rebuild the cache, and restarted. Confirmed in SystemInformation that it's in fact loaded. But then i added AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo and get this:

6/7/14 1:33:23.000 PM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (16) 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ]

And, of course, another round of underwhelming benchmark scores. Following the test with HWMonitor, I noticed I lost turbo states, but the strange multipliers (x31, x28 etc) were there. I think I narrow down the options to one culprit - it's XNU CPU Power Management rearing its ugly head! Question: how I disable it completely (from Clover, I suppose), so I get a functional system again?

UPDATE: there's something very odd going on! Just added NullCPUPowerManagement.kext with Kext Utility, rebuild the cache, and restarted. Confirmed in SystemInformation that it's in fact loaded. But then i added AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo and get this:

6/7/14 1:33:23.000 PM kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ (16) 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ]

And, of course, another round of underwhelming benchmark scores. Following the test with HWMonitor, I noticed I lost turbo states, but the strange multipliers (x31, x28 etc) were there. I think I narrow down the options to one culprit - it's XNU CPU Power Management rearing its ugly head! Question: how I disable it completely (from Clover, I suppose), so I get a fully functional system again?

EDIT 2: I actually went ahead and removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my system, rebuilt caches and then: 

AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 ]

I'm almost insulted, lol! It confirms its XNU CPU Power Management. It's a change for worse. Why, Apple, why?!?! Must disable it, must wipe it out. Want my good old five steps back!

Strange technologies you are using, guys!

Question for all you guys using the kextcache command with paths like the following:

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

If we are including /System/Library/Extensions path, don't we need to also add the path to /Library/Extensions (There are RAID related extensions there) to include all extensions like so:?

kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions

Or, is this excluded just to get to boot, as the system will update the kernel cache and include all kexts once arriving to the desktop?
Curious.

best regards,
MAJ

What is the purpose to create mkext? Long time I live without it. OSX since 10.7 is not needed it.

Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 21.26.03.png

AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 ]

I'm almost insulted, lol! It confirms its XNU CPU Power Management. It's a change for worse. Why, Apple, why?!?! Must disable it, must wipe it out. Want my good old five steps back!

You have maximum and minimum. Why you need one more step? Because the kext shows it? How can you know intermediate steps are used? Gigebench?

A number of steps depends on MacModel and IOPlatformPlugins. 

Hi everyone while booting with installer ,after installation screen mouse deosnt work propely stucks in Upper left corner ,

i have wireless Keyboard/Mouse of Microsoft 

i used my freind USB mouse which works but too much slow ..

Strange technologies you are using, guys!

What is the purpose to create mkext? Long time I live without it. OSX since 10.7 is not needed it.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-07 at 21.26.03.png

You have maximum and minimum. Why you need one more step? Because the kext shows it? How can you know intermediate steps are used? Gigebench?

A number of steps depends on MacModel and IOPlatformPlugins.

No, Slice, you didn't understand. Didn't at all. :)

I'm neither asking help to enable speedstep - that would be silly for someone with my experience, and way off topic - nor wanting more p-states. In fact, I want less p-states, preferentially the same min-max-three turbo states I used to have until 10.9.1, so the performance of my system comes back to normal. I want it so badly I put NullCPUPowerManagemnt.kext on a system that natively supports AICPUPM. To no avail: for some strange reason - my system is not Haswell! - XCPM is taking effect. It's not happening only 10.10: now I just confirmed it happening also with 10.9.3.

So the question remains: how do I disable XCPM, so I can go back to fewer p-states or none at all?

P.S.: MSRDumper. ACPUPMInfo. Your FakeSMC's HWMonitor. All of them show strange multipliers that never were there before. That shouldn't be there, specially with an iMac smBIOS.

And, of course, another round of underwhelming benchmark scores. Following the test with HWMonitor, I noticed I lost turbo states, but the strange multipliers (x31, x28 etc) were there. I think I narrow down the options to one culprit - it's XNU CPU Power Management rearing its ugly head! Question: how I disable it completely (from Clover, I suppose), so I get a functional system again?

EDIT 2: I actually went ahead and removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from my system, rebuilt caches and then: 

If you install/start the Intel Power Gadget you'll see the same frequencies, so the simplified answer is that this particular version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext shows you all reached frequencies. Not specifically (limited to) the p-states triggered by Apple's power management functions (be it the XCPM code in the (mach)kernel or the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext). 

This is also why I said to use a self compiled version of the kext, because in later versions you can disable logIGPUStyle by setting it to false.

And to make matters worse. Removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext won't automatically enable/select XCPM. What you see is, most likely, the Intel CPU at work, or the (UEFI) BIOS. But anyway. This is DP1 and you cannot possibly expect that things work from day one… so sit back and enjoy the ride. A long one even ;)

p.s. Take a look at this MSR

IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS......(0x1B0)

When that isn't set to 1 then more Apple p-states will be reached.

• Like 1

If you install/start the Intel Power Gadget you'll see the same frequencies, so the simplified answer is that this particular version of AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext shows you all reached frequencies. Not specifically (limited to) the p-states triggered by Apple's power management functions (be it the XCPM code in the (mach)kernel or the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

Is it also true for MSRDumper and the real-time monitor of the HWMonitor app? Otherwise, matters are indeed made worse, and It's possible that it's the CPU or the UEFI BIOS at work. Anyway. I'm prepared to "enjoy" the DP ride, only wasn't expecting to "enjoy" also wit a stable release (10.9.3).

All the best!

P.S.: answering your P.S.:, Pike: how can I set it to 1?

Well, it seems something's wrong with my install, since when i boot with -v -s kext-dev-mode=1 and rebuild the kernel cache then exit the system boots up and display works flawlessly, if i just reboot (and I have not installed any more kexts before) display works 1/10 of the times.

Weird.

Gonna go and install iOS 8 on my iPad 2 to test new Yosemite features.

Ok so I installed Yosemite to my HDD. Whenever I boot my systems gets stuck on this line:

kext com.apple.driver.applemobiledevice 303009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

I left the computer overnight and I saw no progress in the morning.

Any thoughts?

Strange with my Z77-DS3H I have above 12800. 

On mine I installed the VoodooHDA 2.8.5, removed AppleHDA and it works.

Did you get 10.10 working on your z77-ds3h? I have one and cant seem to get it?

Question for sure, there's no new revision stating Yosemite's compatibility. Btw, I'll switch to Chameleon once it gets that, hopefully it'll fix my display issue.

Yes, I'm waiting patiently as well. I have had flawless installs since 10.6 using Chameleon, only reason I'm using Clover now is cuz of compatibility :)

Because of double & TRIPLE posting of the same questions I'm posting this. Credits should all be there sorry if I forgot anyone.

FAQ

Install Instructions

Clover

3rd party kexts DISABLED

AppleHDA with Clover

TRIM Patch

Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions

Graphics: Kext no Contents

• Like 11

Ok so I installed Yosemite to my HDD. Whenever I boot my systems gets stuck on this line:

kext com.apple.driver.applemobiledevice 303009000 is in exception list, allowing to load

I left the computer overnight and I saw no progress in the morning.

Any thoughts?

Did you get 10.10 working on your z77-ds3h? I have one and cant seem to get it?

Use Ozmosis!