HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

still no luck, I am going to try iatkos rather than the usb install method , will let you know how if it works out. Thanks

can i do this without having an existing AMD hackintosh? As in windows 7? I have a macbook pro also.... thanks

i'm going to buy GTX 660 (normal version ) it's gonna work on mountain lion 10.8.3?

Unfortunately, we are experimenting with our fails shopping "Nvidia cards", the next will not be an Nvidia graphics card. I give theconnactic 100 percent right, the GTX 660 TI is not 100 percent compatible to work with Mountain Lion? so I advise you do not to buy at.

still no luck, I am going to try iatkos rather than the usb install method , will let you know how if it works out. Thanks

can i do this without having an existing AMD hackintosh? As in windows 7? I have a macbook pro also.... thanks

Please complete your profile, create a signature with hardware specification so it is possible for us to help you more effectively

look into my working build! perhaps it is helpful for You to install iatkos ML2

Hello, i was wondering if anyone has been successful with the components that i have or anything similar. I am looking for a good tutorial. Here are my specs:

AMD FX 6100 six core processor socket am3+ (942) 3.30 GHz

Gigabyte GA 970A DS3 motherboard

chipset AMD RD9x0

BIOS - Award software international inc , Version- F4

8 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA geforce GTX 560 Ti Graphics Card

120GB SSD hard drive, 3 TB internal hard drive

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have just read your specification, you can basically my Extensions folder and use the drivers contained therein for the graphics card. You should revise only the drivers for your hardware, the Info.plist the Dev ID and Vendor ID. a trifle of a few minutes work. then you can also use my extra folder.

and remove the dsdt contained therein, based on my brief description create a suitable dsdt.aml according to your bios then you should then boot the system.

download see here under spakk http://www.insanelym...working-builds/

easy way to building a dsdt, see here http://www.insanelym...orking-systems/

Good luck!

PS: Here are the current dates of today, I have included in the zip file an information http://www.file-uplo...X550TI.zip.html

Edited by spakk

I have a macbook pro also.... thanks

Do you have a MacBookPro? So i'll propose the method i use these days with 100% success:

1) use a USB HDD dock or HDD case to connect the disk you want to use with your hackintosh machine;

2) download Carbon Copy Cloner;

3) Clone your MacBookPro HDD to your hackintosh HDD. After the cloning is finished, don't disconnect the HDD dock or case, you'll need to do more steps on the hackintosh disk;

4) Download the latest chameleon package, run it to install on your hackintosh HDD (be careful: if you install on your MacBookPro disk by mistake, you'll break it): under the customization options, install the boot loader only;

5) Download an app called KextUtility.app and use it to install (again, on the hackintosh HDD that's connected via USB: be very careful) the Koslec Version of FakeSMC.kext and yet another kext, called NullCPUPowerManagement: google is your friend here, or you can search for them on Insanelymac forums;

6) Download the and_kernel on the first page of the Mountain Lion kernel testing topic (if you're going to install Mountain Lion, if your MacBookPro has Lion, use the latest kernel from the Lion testing topic instead) and put it at the root of your hackintosh HDD;

7) Put the HDD back on your AMD machine and reboot: go to the BIOS and set SATA mode as AHCI (or RAID if you don't have AHCI) and disable Cool&Quiet, C1E and Crossfire. Save and reboot again: when the Chameleon prompt appears, type this exactly:

- if you're installing Mountain Lion: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

- if you're installing Lion: arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It's all! If the boot freezes or you get a kernel panic, ask help here again attaching a picture of the freeze/kp.

All the best!

• Like 1

Do you have a MacBookPro? So i'll propose the method i use these days with 100% success:

1) use a USB HDD dock or HDD case to connect the disk you want to use with your hackintosh machine;

2) download Carbon Copy Cloner;

3) Clone your MacBookPro HDD to your hackintosh HDD. After the cloning is finished, don't disconnect the HDD dock or case, you'll need to do more steps on the hackintosh disk;

4) Download the latest chameleon package, run it to install on your hackintosh HDD (be careful: if you install on your MacBookPro disk by mistake, you'll break it): under the customization options, install the boot loader only;

5) Download an app called KextUtility.app and use it to install (again, on the hackintosh HDD that's connected via USB: be very careful) the Koslec Version of FakeSMC.kext and yet another kext, called NullCPUPowerManagement: google is your friend here, or you can search for them on Insanelymac forums;

6) Download the and_kernel on the first page of the Mountain Lion kernel testing topic (if you're going to install Mountain Lion, if your MacBookPro has Lion, use the latest kernel from the Lion testing topic instead) and put it at the root of your hackintosh HDD;

7) Put the HDD back on your AMD machine and reboot: go to the BIOS and set SATA mode as AHCI (or RAID if you don't have AHCI) and disable Cool&Quiet, C1E and Crossfire. Save and reboot again: when the Chameleon prompt appears, type this exactly:

- if you're installing Mountain Lion: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

- if you're installing Lion: arch=i386 -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It's all! If the boot freezes or you get a kernel panic, ask help here again attaching a picture of the freeze/kp.

All the best!

Any stable kernel for NVIDIA card 9400GT

i have install 10.8.2 on AMD machine see my Assus M2N68-AM-SE2 AMD Athlon LE-1640

Coz still didn't get QE/CI :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

but on ATI card it is just fine at least better than NVIDIA

hey

spakk

i did install on that machin but no QE/CE and still wating tor root device can't boot without Installer

i have nvidia chipset i have tried like hell but

can'tstand up the LION installation

oh , and with intel it's gonna work?

what the graphics card have to do with the proccesor?

With Intel it works. Nothing to do with the CPU, everything to do with the fact only AMD needs a patched kernel that's not yet stable ;)

it says kernel cache ignored , a lot of files flash through the screen, and then it reboots , but never boots into osx

Use CPU-Z to find out the busratio of your AMD CPU and add it as a flag. I.e.: busratio=15

P.S.: garner, your MBP runs Lion or Mountain Lion?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/img0493pn.jpg/?sa=0

Retail version os x 10.8.2 ... in verbose mode -v it hangs on error reading driver .. with -x -f it hangs on the apple logo ... any idea anyone ..?

AnV's kernel

AMD A6-4400M

HP Pavilion G6

16 GB Ram

SSD

Hi As I need to know the best method of installing OS X on this motherboard and CPU. Hazard 10.6.2 doesn't load the installer it reboots. using ModCD and BootCd (Nawcoms) The Installer loads but no drives appear. I Can Successfully install snow leopard by using Hack OSX Boot CD But I Cannot make the installation boot without the disk. also with the hack osx boot disk I don't have to use and flags. If I should be installing a different version of OS X please tell me and post some instructions or say how I should install. Thanks -Wildey (motherboard is Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 and cpu is fx 8350)

• Like 1

easy fix ..

You should download " Transmac " and configure it for read/write ... restart transmac and you can delete every file you want...

http://www.asy.com/scrtm.htm

and make sure you open transmac as an administrator ... " right click .. open as "

• Like 1

Hi, im trying to install my first hackintosh and need some help

my specs are:

MB: Asus A8N-SLI platinum

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

RAM: 2gb

VGA: ATI Radeon 6670 1024mb

HDD: 200gb IDE

Will it be compatibile with osx?

Which version should i use?

Is it possible to create a bootable flashdisk from windows?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, im trying to install my first hackintosh and need some help

my specs are:

MB: Asus A8N-SLI platinum

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

RAM: 2gb

VGA: ATI Radeon 6670 1024mb

HDD: 200gb IDE

Will it be compatibile with osx?

Which version should i use?

Is it possible to create a bootable flashdisk from windows?

Thanks

1) Yes!

2) Use 10.7.5 (Lion).

3) Only with VMWare or VirtualBox. I'm not quite familiarized with these solutions, sorry.

Hello all. I have a quick question. I recently finally got my rig running retail ML 10.8.2, and I was wondering if it would be safe for me to apply the 10.8.3 update via App Store, or would it be best to do a clean installation of 10.8.3. I finally got everything working and setup the way i like it, and I kinda don't wanna f*ck it up. Here are my specs if needed:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (Rev 1.2)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Non-Black Edition)

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4GB x 4)

Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC ; Sparkle GeForce 9500GT

Hard Drives: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) ; 500GB (Ubuntu 12.04 x64, OS X Snow Leopard) ; 500GB (OS X Mountian Lion 10.8.2)

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

• Like 1

Hello all. I have a quick question. I recently finally got my rig running retail ML 10.8.2, and I was wondering if it would be safe for me to apply the 10.8.3 update via App Store, or would it be best to do a clean installation of 10.8.3. I finally got everything working and setup the way i like it, and I kinda don't wanna f*ck it up. Here are my specs if needed:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 (Rev 1.2)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T (Non-Black Edition)

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz (4GB x 4)

Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC ; Sparkle GeForce 9500GT

Hard Drives: 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) ; 500GB (Ubuntu 12.04 x64, OS X Snow Leopard) ; 500GB (OS X Mountian Lion 10.8.2)

Any insight would be helpful, thanks.

If you have your custom/patched kexts in /Extra/Extensions and you not renamed the kernel to mach_kernel i guess you can apply any update. Otherwise the kexts and the kernel will be replaced by the stock ones and you'll need to workaround it and apply the fixes again. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

If you have your custom/patched kexts in /Extra/Extensions and you not renamed the kernel to mach_kernel i guess you can apply any update. Otherwise the kexts and the kernel will be replaced by the stock ones and you'll need to workaround it and apply the fixes again. :rolleyes:

I figured, just wanted to see if it would cause too many problems before i did it. I guess i'll make a Time Machine backup and try it tomorrow, thank you.

• Like 1

I figured, just wanted to see if it would cause too many problems before i did it. I guess i'll make a Time Machine backup and try it tomorrow, thank you.

This is a good way to keep things safe. But you should notice my advice, you just need to worry if, for exemple, your graphics card only work when adding the device/vendor ID to NVGF100Hal kext then you'll need to did it again because it is a standard system kext and it will be replaced by the new ones during the update, but, the same doesn't apply for fakesmc kext since it's not an apple stock kext. In short words, if you've modified any standard system file to make it work then you should worry about doing an update, if you just installed some custom kexts you can go ahead with it. Don't forget the kernel, it's another file that is replaced when updating, so if you're using, lets say, anv_kernel and not mach_kernel as the name of the kernel file you don't need to worry. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

This is a good way to keep things safe. But you should notice my advice, you just need to worry if, for exemple, your graphics card only work when adding the device/vendor ID to NVGF100Hal kext then you'll need to did it again because it is a standard system kext and it will be replaced by the new ones during the update, but, the same doesn't apply for fakesmc kext since it's not an apple stock kext. In short words, if you've modified any standard system file to make it work then you should worry about doing an update, if you just installed some custom kexts you can go ahead with it. Don't forget the kernel, it's another file that is replaced when updating, so if you're using, lets say, anv_kernel and not mach_kernel as the name of the kernel file you don't need to worry. :rolleyes:

I know, i didn't have to do much of anything to get my graphics card working, just install the official drivers, delete GeForceGA.plugin and GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E and boot with GraphicsEnabler=No. The typical custom kexts like FakeSMC.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext, NullCPUPowerManagment.kext, and VoodooHDA.kext are the only ones that i installed, everything else is unmodified. Also, i know the amd mach_kernel will get replaced, like i said above i just wanted to see if anyone had any problems with updating straight to 10.8.3. I had a bad experience when updating 10.6 to 10.6.8. I've only seen a few people that use AnV's amd kernel on 10.8.3. Just wanted to get some facts before I tried it. Thank you for the tips though, i appreciate it. :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT: Suspense was killing me, so I ran the update a few minutes ago, and after re-installing NVidia drivers, VoodooHDA, Chimera bootloader and other special kexts, I am now on 10.8.3. Looking forward to 10.8.4. Thanks to AnV for his AMD kernel!!

• Like 2

iFIRE, I do not find this "lspci.kext" nowhere found a this link: http://www.osx86.net...le&id=1643��but it is for Snow Leopard! I do not know if it works in ML 10.8.x.

Here iFIRE:

sudo kextstat | grep AMD

75 2 0xffffff7f80d89000 0x67000 0x67000 com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (8.1.0) <65 10 9 7 5 4 3 1>

76 0 0xffffff7f80df0000 0x1da000 0x1da000 com.apple.kext.AMD7000Controller (8.1.0) <75 65 10 9 5 4 3 1>

83 0 0xffffff7f81074000 0x3b7000 0x3b7000 com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator (1.0.6) <82 66 65 10 7 5 4 3 1>

92 0 0xffffff7f81512000 0x14000 0x14000 com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer (8.1.0) <75 65 10 9 7 5 4 3 1>

ioreg | grep ATY

| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000317, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (298 ms), retain 8>

| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000318, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

| | | | +-o ATY,AMD,RadeonFramebuffer@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000319, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>