HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

How can I install 10.9 Mavericks developer's preview on my FX 8120?

then make me a kernel for Phenom II X6 :D

Hiya devs, i'm sorry for posting this stuff here. Someone just tell me to post this here. So.. this is my first attempt installing OSX on AMD PC. Unfortunately, it's old motherboard and doesn't support for AHCI. But you can ignore it since I patched the installer with ApplenForceATA and AHCIExtendedInjector. I also use amd_kernel by Andy Vandjick. 

skip...skip...skip..

I have installed iATKOS ML2 on my SATA HDD and using "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v" when boot the installer.

My problem is, I do not know how to boot it normally. It only boot with "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -x" and since it's safe boot mode. I can't use a couple device on my motherboard, right? I get only 3MB VGA  :|

I got this when boot using "amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v"

DHNNJ0U.jpg

it doesn't matter if I use PCIRootUID=1/0, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No in addition.

I have wait this for about 20 minutes. Still no changes.

What I keep in mind is: "As long the led keep blinking while pressing caps lock for several times, it's still processing"

btw, I use Athlon II X2 240.

I don't mind to read more thread / pages. Just gimme the link  :)

Thanks in advance.

Marl.

hey guys i read somewhere that is possible to install osx lion 10.7.5 on this config

Motherboard - ASUS M5A78L-M LX V3

cpu: amd athlon II x3 450 

geforce 8500 gt

and that is rock solid and stable. 

can you pls help me doing it?

@roon83, Thanks! Now my PC boot normally. But 256MB of Graphics is too low for 10.8, I guess. I'll find some better add-ons graphics card btw.

Thanks again!

@roon83, Thanks! Now my PC boot normally. But 256MB of Graphics is too low for 10.8, I guess. I'll find some better add-ons graphics card btw.

Thanks again!

Look here for a card that works in 10.8, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287016-working-ati-cards-with-amd-and-mountain-lionlion-64-bit/

Lion will work with any card using Bronya's kernel for 10.7.5. in x86_64 for ATI and i386 for nVidia and it can be found here, http://www.mediafire.com/download/lz9gow6rw3k6dav/mach_kernel_FX_10_7_5_64.zip

@IiTz ShAnE, Kudos!
but, I think I get another trouble here (sorry for my noobness).
How to find out what type/series is this? I really don't know how to read this.

GcaB69U.png

Thanks in advance.

@IiTz ShAnE, Kudos!

but, I think I get another trouble here (sorry for my noobness).

How to find out what type/series is this? I really don't know how to read this.

GcaB69U.png

Thanks in advance.

Is that a 5570? To get more info on it you could connect it to a Windows machine and use GPU-Z to get info.

Is that a 5570? To get more info on it you could connect it to a Windows machine and use GPU-Z to get info.

I'm not sure what type is. I have no windows installed, perhaps live linux will works.

I'm going to download my fave distro for a while. Thanks dude! 

I'm not sure what type is. I have no windows installed, perhaps live linux will works.

I'm going to download my fave distro for a while. Thanks dude! 

I'm not familiar with Linux but I'm sure there is a program similar to GPU-Z. Once you find out you can edit kexts for support.

I'm not familiar with Linux but I'm sure there is a program similar to GPU-Z. Once you find out you can edit kexts for support.

Well, I changed my graphics card and get windows installed. 

This what I get from new card.

lx7ZvLN.png

What should I do to get this card working?

Oh, I've installed ATY_Init.kext btw.

Well, I changed my graphics card and get windows installed. 

This what I get from another card.

What should I do to get this card working?

Oh, I've installed ATY_Init.kext btw.

Thats showing a completly different card from the one you mentioned earlier.

Thats showing a completly different card from the one you mentioned earlier.

Yap. This is another problem. Perhaps.

I've installed this card and ATY_Init.kext.

And it stuck at boot but with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Should I edit some file or just find more suitable kext?

Yap. This is another problem. Perhaps.

I've installed this card and ATY_Init.kext.

And it stuck at boot but with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Should I edit some file or just find more suitable kext?

Remove ATY_Init. Navigate to System/Library/Extensions and look for ATI2400Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and add your device id under IOPCIMatch inside the Info.plist file. Your device and vendor id looks like this, 0x94c31002

Remove ATY_Init. Navigate to System/Library/Extensions and look for ATI2400Controller.kext and ATIRadeonX2000.kext and add your device id under <key>IOPCIMatch</key> inside the Info.plist file. Your device and vendor id looks like this, 0x94c31002

Done, and get some message I don't know.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

IMG_20130618_181448.jpg

That is correct did it not boot? Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It boot, but stuck at those messages.

Yes, I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Should I wait for 20~30 minutes? :blink:

...and.. What I kept in mind is as long as caps lock's led still blinking while hitting caps lock button for several time. It mean still processing / waiting. (Not frozen).

Try GraphicsEnabler=No if it still gets stuck try PCIRootUID=0 or =1 

If you press enter on the screen and the lines move then it is doing something if not then its frozen ;)

Still stuck with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

login screen showed with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0, but, something like this:

WZz7RjQ.png

and that's the only ATI* kext I've installed.

and same state happened if I use GraphicsEnabler=No.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I may have to get a new graphics card - so I guess its better to get an Radeon then for running Mac on and Mountain AMD system?  There's a topic in the working builds section where one guy has a 7950 card working ok here and another separate topic about it here - seems to be ok.

I presume there's no point in getting a new nVidia one  at the moment due to my experiences as posted earlier in this topic. Or is there some other card I should check out? $300-$400 is ok I guess.

Also would be nice if it worked on Snow Leopard AMD also just in case. My nVidia GTX460 works but there are glitches and crashing sometimes, even with a moving wallpaper enabled.

Sorry that some of this is off topic, but some parts are on topic also, I'm sure I'm not the only one that will benefit from replies here.

• Like 1

Henry, even ATI cards will be buggy - but at least some of them will work. If you want to play games, go for a 5450 Silent. If you want a more general purpose usage and don't care about games, go for a 4xxx series card. But my best advice would be staying with Lion 10.7.5 and buying a really good 5xxx (such as the 5870) or 6xxx series ATI card.

This is really off-topic, so i'm moving these posts to the help topic.

All the best!

• Like 1

Posted elsewhere but suggested I post here also, I am trying to get any form of Mac OS X to install on my Hardware:

ASUS M4N98TD Evo - Nvidia 980A (MCP72) Chipset Nvidia NF200 SLI chip

2x4GB 1600Mhz RAM

AMD 1090T processor six core (runs at 3.9Ghz all cores in Windows)

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX470 SOC graphics

XFX 850W silver PSU

Self build machine.

I have tried to get Mountain lion going, tried various boot flags, it starts up but gets stuck at mount image, root device and then some hex code, it gets stuck here every time, also it says that couldn't get USB chip to halt within 100ms and also says something about HFS freeblocks being 0.

I have installed Macdrive and have formatted a separate HDD (500GB) with GUID and HFS+

Sounds like the install cannot see the drive though??

Not very experienced with the world of macs, very limited experience as end user at college, Imacs and mini macs, I am only interested in running Apple Logic really, used this at college and its really the only music software that I have ever got on with, anything else I am content enough in Windows, but haven't liked any Windows based music production stuff.

Could someone please explain how to install custom kexts and the like, how to customise an install, somebody has mentioned an Nforce ATA kext, Have to say I wont use the Nforce drivers for SATA in windows, they play havoc with everything. MSAHCI is enabled though so no worries with non boot Windows.

AHCI and S3 enabled in BIOS, reset to defaults when trying install, even tried with just 4GB ram. Turned off C1E, cool and quiet and secure virtual machine mode.

Tried lots of boot flags also, arch=i386 -force64 cpus=1 busratio=16 npci=0x2000/0x3000 PCIRootUID=1/0 USBBusFix=Yes idlehalt=0 EHCIacquire=Yes UHCIreset=Yes GraphicsEnabler=Yes???

A couple of others too!

Thanks in advance.