HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

When you searched for display that is the address that came through? Sounds right... gimme 5 mins

Do you know your frame buffer?

Edit: Got one I want you to test.. Just put it in /Extra/ and you should be set, I hope you are not using voodoohda, applehdadisabler or modified or deleted applehda,,,

waiting for you to test it

Hey man... Any chance I could get you to help me out with USB patching for sleep? I have immediate wake up after sleep, due to:

Apr 18 19:38:16 Davids-Mac-Pro-2 kernel[0]: Wake reason = UHC1 UHC2 USB4 UHC5 UHC7

Any chance you could point me in the right direction to get my devices patched so my sleep will work? I had it working using some old 10.6 IOUSBFamily.kext's, but that was causing USB issues. Thanks in advance!!!

Your kernel is working fine.

I got it here amd_kernel.zip (Andy's) http://www.insanelym...the-help-topic/

This kernel works fine even with 10.8.4 beta.

The process is same with 10.8.3 MBR Osinstall package.

Take a good rest.

Its all the same, I think there is something else that is wrong.

I did all the same steps with a 10.8.3 install esd dmg, with samba I used the file directly. Once again it just hangs at 17 minutes. My VB is not going to sleep too.

So I think thats that :(

@cannon_dt

There is one step to building the installer which is not obvious...

Did you go to the Installer partition and delete the alias (shortcut) to the Packages folder and then copy the InstallESD.dmg/Packages folder to that location?

Go to the mounted image of InstallESD.dmg. Find a folder named "Packages"

Next, go to the Installer partition you created by restoring BaseSystem.dmg. Open System folder and then Installation folder. Find the alias (shortcut) for "Packages".

Delete the alias and then copy the folder "Packages" to the location of the alias.

I use this VoodooHDA for my ALC888s and it works perfectly with HDMI audio and the green output on the rear.

VoodooHDA_2.8.2d6.zip

Is Spdif or Coax work with that?

Dear All,

Ml 10.8.3 works but no QE/CI and Opengl support.

I made everything like Lion but I couldn't get full graphics accelertion.

Is there any additional to do to enable opengl?

@cannon_dt

There is one step to building the installer which is not obvious...

Did you go to the Installer partition and delete the alias (shortcut) to the Packages folder and then copy the InstallESD.dmg/Packages folder to that location?

Go to the mounted image of InstallESD.dmg. Find a folder named "Packages"

Next, go to the Installer partition you created by restoring BaseSystem.dmg. Open System folder and then Installation folder. Find the alias (shortcut) for "Packages".

Delete the alias and then copy the folder "Packages" to the location of the alias.

Yes rif. I did do that, the packages I deleted was a sym link. Then I copied the packaes folder from the installesd.dmg, that step was explained in the howto.txt of http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2815

Yes rif. I did do that, the packages I deleted was a sym link. Then I copied the packaes folder from the installesd.dmg, that step was explained in the howto.txt of http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2815

Hi. Please don't be disappointed.

I think everybody here wants anxiously to see your success.

So, don't give up.

Bottom line is this; you and I have the same mortherboard (basically VB), but only differnce is you have B50 cpu, I have B60 cpu.

Good news is you can boot with cpu. I don't see any reasons you can't have a working VB OSX.

I will help you to the end if you want to continue.

I think we are missing a small minor thing.

I will try to figure out with you.

I remembered that I had a AMD B50 same as yours.

At that time, I could not install a SL.

After disabling OCs and cores (basically X2 instead X4), I could install it.

So, you may try that. Meanwhile, I do seme test, and get back to you.

Lion 10.7.5 for AMd is much more stable and quicker booting comparing to AMD ML.

It's up to you.

@dkechoi

Disappointment will remain, that does not mean I will not continue. I am willing to try anything you ask me to.

You guys are so helping, everyone who I have interacted thus far with wants to see me succeed - so fire away and let me know what to do. I will do it, I am glad to have people like you who help me not to give up :)

So yeah - I will kill my OC and get back to 2 cores and see how things change.

I also have a 10.7.4 image, I can try that too. I guess the only thing that will change is http://www.osx86.net/view/2705-osinstallmbr+osinstall.mpkg_10.7.x.html, right?

@dkechoi

Disappointment will remain, that does not mean I will not continue. I am willing to try anything you ask me to.

You guys are so helping, everyone who I have interacted thus far with wants to see me succeed - so fire away and let me know what to do. I will do it, I am glad to have people like you who help me not to give up :)

So yeah - I will kill my OC and get back to 2 cores and see how things change.

I also have a 10.7.4 image, I can try that too. I guess the only thing that will change is http://www.osx86.net...pkg_10.7.x.html, right?

Going back to X2 is just for install.

Using same VB, I did two test:

ML1083; took 70 min and ended up error, but it boot fine.

L1075; took only 10 min, everything fine. Booting is quick.

I tried to attach my setup, but not permitted.

I am using VB4.2.12 under OpenSuse 12.3.

Here is my snow.vbox

*** deleted ***

Using editor save as snow.vbox

Then, make new VB, attatch your existing SL (you may make a back up file), attatch two new VB disk to SATA.

Update Chameleon r2189, get L1075 InstallESD or try L1074 first.

Kernel information will be follows. Once you get the above xml file, I will delete it.

So, please let know after I get it.

I have saved the above as snow.vbox (so you can delete it) but I do not understand your instructions.

Do you want me to set up a new VB? What do you mean attach SL? ANd what do I do with the snow.vbox file?

Do I try to install 10.7.4 as per your original instructions?

Please explain a bit more

I have saved the above as snow.vbox (so you can delete it) but I do not understand your instructions.

Do you want me to set up a new VB? What do you mean attach SL? ANd what do I do with the snow.vbox file?

Do I try to install 10.7.4 as per your original instructions?

Please explain a bit more

Go to your VB machine directory, make new dir "snow", put snow.vbox file to there.

With right click, open file with Virtualbox, power down VB.

In VB setting of snow, add your existing VB vdi file by choosing "choose existing disk" in Storage/Controller SATA menu.

Then choose vdi file from your existing VB machine directory.

So, two VB machine will share the same vdi file.

Now, you can use my VB settings. After trying out new snow VB, if you want to delete the old VM, be careful. You need to copy vdi files which

you want to keep into new place first. So, it is good idea to copy vdi file of you snow disk in some safe place outside of VB machine director,

if you have enough space. So, you don't need to make your base OSX again in case of accident.

By the way, vdi files can be anywhere where your os can acess. The good way to handlecdi vdi files is put them in a seperate directory.

That way, easy house keeping because vdi files are usually huge.

Now, you and I have the exactly same VB machine setting.

Yes, let's try 10.7.4 first.

Ok - I now have 2 VMs in my VB sharing one vdi file.

So for me to try 10.7.4, you want me to add 2 new sata disks now to the new snow vm (yours) or can I just attached the already created sata disks and do it on that?

Ok - I now have 2 VMs in my VB sharing one vdi file.

So for me to try 10.7.4, you want me to add 2 new sata disks now to the new snow vm (yours) or can I just attached the already created sata disks and do it on that?

That's good.

It's up to you, but why not new vdis if you have a space.

For Lion kernel, I used

Bronya's mach_kernel_rc13 (use one in For_old_processors folder)

here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285181-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd-dont-ask-help-here-use-the-help-topic/page__st__460

flags is

arch=x86_64 cpus=4 busratio=18 -v -f npci=0x3000

I used this for 10.7.5, but try with 10.7.4.

And, make sure everything correctly.

Good LUCK.

Other than this kernel, everything else in the process remains the same right?

I cannot seem to find any amd_kernel in that link? Do you want me to use the mach_kernel itself?

The link I gave you @ #464 is the kernel I used.

After unzip it, you will find kernels. In "For_old_processors", nerame it as whaever you want (I use "amd75_kernel").

And, in your chameleon, correct the name of kernel. This kernel should put into your insatlling disk and installed OSX disk.

That's it.

Ok sir!

Will do it all tomorrow and let you know how I go :)

Out of curiousity - what would a successful install of 10.7.4 mean to the attempts at 10.8.2?

Good.

I don't have any problem with Lion.

Right now, for AMD ML, it takes a long time to boot.

As I said, I am not a MAC persion and do not use an OSX , just testing purpose (Installing and booting).

But, I know Linux and system booting. You have problem with installing and booting.

That's why I can help you because I know the way to do the test quickly and efficiently.

So, let's see.

@dkechoi

Just to confirm one thing:

For 10.7.4 I have a file called Max OS X InstallESD.dmg. I mount this. Then within it I choose BaseSystem.dmg, mount that and then use that as the source to create my install sata disk - correct?

Also for chameleon r2189 I am using this : http://www.osx86.net/view/3603-chameleon-enoch_r2189_daily_updates.html

@dkechoi

Just to confirm one thing:

For 10.7.4 I have a file called Max OS X InstallESD.dmg. I mount this. Then within it I choose BaseSystem.dmg, mount that and then use that as the source to create my install sata disk - correct?

Also for chameleon r2189 I am using this : http://www.osx86.net...ly_updates.html

The procedure is the same as before with the corresponding MBR OSinstall package.

I used that chemeleon, too.

I will be out few hours. Good luck.

Dkechoi

Finally I have some good new.

Lion is working fine on VB :)

So now I know that there are 2 possibilities - one is to make the hackintosh using lion itself (which is what a lot of members have suggested out here) or I can start the mountain lion expedition again......

One thing I noticed in VB is - whether it is SL or Lion, the "About This Mac", Shutdown or Restart does not work - it just resets, I dont know if it is VB related or something else.

Let me know how we can proceed now.

Dkechoi

Finally I have some good new.

Lion is working fine on VB :)

So now I know that there are 2 possibilities - one is to make the hackintosh using lion itself (which is what a lot of members have suggested out here) or I can start the mountain lion expedition again......

One thing I noticed in VB is - whether it is SL or Lion, the "About This Mac", Shutdown or Restart does not work - it just resets, I dont know if it is VB related or something else.

Let me know how we can proceed now.

Finally, great to hear that.

Now you know how to make an osx without boot cd once you have a working osx VM.

Using the same procedure you used, you can make anything you want.

Main purpose using VB is the finding fo compatable Kernel and its boot flag for your CPU, and then restore it to the raw HDD.

In real physical booting, you need to adjust kexts which are right fot your physical perpherals.

In this way, you bypass the difficulties due to peripherals (some works OOB, some not) when first time install into a real HDD.

VB doest not provide an addition package to osx guest, so hard to get sound/graphics/restart and not working "About This Mac".

Vmware proivide a guest addition, so you may try it if you want to use osx vm.

Let's finish to end. Once you know, you can do whatever you want very easily within an hour from start to end.

To restore osx vm into a raw HDD, you adjust the your linux system.

That is;

1. make accessible a raw HDD to iVB.

2. adjust grub to boot into osx partition.

*** warning ***

If you mess up, you may harm your system including security of system, data loss, no booting.

There are lots informatition regarding howto do those two.

VB user's manual and their forum.

It's your choice to proceed further and want me to help you.

Let's me know whatever you decide.

I looked at your HDD setup, you can not add more partition because of MBR limitations.

So, you waste your HDD space.

You can try using a Gparted.

@dkechoi

I have a hfs partition created, so I can put os x into that right.

I definitely want to put it into HDD but your warnings/instructions are not very clear to me. Can you please explain in detail what I should do next?

Like you said I do know that there are no guest additions for mac os guest. So how should I expose the partition/adjust grub etc.

Please let me know the steps and I can do it.

Also what about 10.8.2? Should I let that be?

@dkechoi

I have a hfs partition created, so I can put os x into that right.

I definitely want to put it into HDD but your warnings/instructions are not very clear to me. Can you please explain in detail what I should do next?

Like you said I do know that there are no guest additions for mac os guest. So how should I expose the partition/adjust grub etc.

Please let me know the steps and I can do it.

Also what about 10.8.2? Should I let that be?

I am asking that

do you want my help despite of some risk or not.

Let's finish. For ML 10.8, you can do by yourself.

Yes, I know that, but later if you want to use a blank HDD space, you can not get it.

In MBR, you can only 4 primary partitions and you used up all 4.

So, the fourth partition must be extended partition, then you can make any number of logical partion.

So, go to gparted, delete an existing OSX partition ( i assume it's ok to delete), make extended partion with a whole available space,

make an osx partion at the beginning of space. You don't need to format it.

You should have osx partion in sda5.

After finish it, let me know, so we can proceed.

I want to do step by step, so we don't mess up your system.

Risk is not an issue. Worst case is a reinstall, I can manage that with linux any time.

What do you mean by "For ML 10.8, you can do by yourself."?

I think I understand what you are asking me to do but I did not realize I already have 4 primary partitions:

1. Are you saying that sda1, sda2, sda3 and sda4 are all primary partitions, I did not even realize that.

2. What you are asking me to do is delete sda4 first - DONE

3. Create an extended partition with all remaining space - DONE

4. Create sda5 OS X partition - DONE ( I did give the format as hfs+)

One other question I have is - are we going to install Lion or ML? I still have not managed to ML onto VB, should I try that or should I just accept that 10.7.4 is what that will work?

Please see the below screen shot and let me know if all is correct.

Peace

post-1149290-0-90699600-1366468754_thumb.png

@cannon_dt

Logical partition starts from sda5 in MBR disk.

Now, let's make a file for VB.

In terminal, go to your VM directory, type

VBoxManage internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename sda5.vmdk -rawdisk /dev/sda -partitions 5 -relative

This will make a file which your sda5 partition is available to VB.

Please post the result.